[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What an asshole. Has he seriously been selfish enough to be fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: kingdom.png (285KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kingdom.png
285KB, 830x1200px
What an asshole. Has he seriously been selfish enough to be fighting on the front lines for 4 years straight, not even thinking of letting his men rest and go see their families and let them farm for a season or two?

Is this the first time he'll be seeing his territory as a noble as a 5000 man Commander?

I really hope we get a few chapters of normal life instead of just skipping ahead to the next war where his troops have already gotten better.
>>
Just small posting I guess, only guarding border and small skirmishes unlike the just ended battle for kanyou with kanki. Shit, looks like I missed this new chapter release.
>>
>>145461207
No we know he's been back at times, but mostly to report at Kanyou. So basically during that time his men get to go back home, but once he's finished reporting and meeting Sei, his unit meets back up from leave.

At least that's how I'd envision it. I don't think he's taken much of a break since the time skip though, but before that he clearly mentioned coming to Kanyou many times.

From Shin's POV, his 'home' basically was just a shack and had no valuables. Ouki's glaive and the Duke's shield are stored with Sei, so personal attachments within his own territory are basically 0.
>>
>>145462267
How does his territory even work? I'm not too familiar with the privileges high ranked citizens got, but it seemed like generals were given their own cities to rule from what I see of the manga.

Shin's one step away from being a general, so what would a reasonable posting for him be in terms of an estate?

Does he even have one? Or is it like, he gets command over the land and taxes, and then everything else like homes, he makes for himself?

I can't seem to fine much information on the 24 tiers of old Chinese citizenship.
>>
>>145462372
He has one. It just started with a shack and the small land around it. He's a low-mid rank noble by now, so he'd get command over land and taxes but we never get to see that part.

If you want details you'll have to go to potato and look up sssr's posts, he's pretty much Hox tier only he posts there and maybe not here given no trips.

The latest comment by him gives a very good insight on how Qin actually won out the territorial conquest through Shang Yang's clever method that fulfilled both the loyal peasants and loyal nobles needs at the same time without conflicting, which is something many hierarchies failed to achieve.
>>
>>145463041
The thing that irritates me is that the manga and translation uses the Japanese names, but all the historical records and websites use the Chinese names.

So it gets easy to get lost real fast.

But for the historical Shin, if I read it right, he gets to be a general and lead the first invasion of Chu. Only he gets utterly wrecked.

Ousen leads the second invasion and is successful.

Shin kind of does nothing, and is more well known for having a descendant who is a general himself.

Is that right?
>>
>>145463189
>>The thing that irritates me is that the manga and translation uses the Japanese names, but all the historical records and websites use the Chinese names.

It's a Japanese manga, you gonna tell me you hate on Ikkitousen for doing the same thing? No offense but Kanu sounds a lot more feminine than Guan Yu, so I'm perfectly fine with it.

>So it gets easy to get lost real fast.

King Magax has a blog for that. Rest is just learning to Wikipedia and Google properly.

>But for the historical Shin, if I read it right, he gets to be a general and lead the first invasion of Chu. Only he gets utterly wrecked.
>Ousen leads the second invasion and is successful.

That's correct.

>Shin kind of does nothing, and is more well known for having a descendant who is a general himself.

He participates in attacks on Yan state I believe, but yes he's not hot shit in history. That's why he's the MC to begin with, the author already takes huge liberties like making Shin a war orphan, he couldn't possibly do that if Ousen was the main character.

In fact, Kingdom amusingly enough is historically accurate on one thing that isn't actually spelled out for the reader, among the 4 warring states generals that were referred to as the best of all time in history, basically all of them used the same fundamental core strategy which is wait and bumrush the enemy the moment they let their guard down.

But basically the story while taking liberties, makes a lot of references to actual history. For example in the latest chapter, Mouten is known for being superior to Ten in fortifications and defense, this ties into how he is mainly in charge of the great wall of China and how he defends it successfully against the foreign invaders. Those are actually his most famous achievements.

Ouhon never surpasses his father, he like Shin and Mouten pick the scraps after Chu.
>>
Too bad kingdom mangaka doesnt seem to like doing some info dumping on their weapon or more basic stuff, would like to be schooled at.
>>
>>145465216
Weapon stuff won't work, historically the weapons used during this era were not stuff like glaives, but more like axe-picks or whatever. In some of the earlier chapters you'll see a page or two of it referring to the past, but in actuality those weapons were actually the technological height of Qin back then.

And the more you get into weapons the less likely you have creative freedom over the story, because another huge factor Qin rolled over all 6 states was due to their peerless number of metallurgy factories that also housed their crossbow technology. What this means is that not only could they gear up their armies much faster than the other states, they also had far more crossbows than the enemy. Historically no one can Houken their way through rows of crossbowmen so it was basically the equivalent of 9 raxxing marine spam from Starcraft.

Unless the enemy could bait you into wasting your bolts it'd be hard to show some heroic action.
>>
>>145461207
It was pretty common in the ancient days for armies to leave home for 5-10 years before returning home.
>>
>>145465494
Yeah, I agree but what do.
>>
>>145466630
Gunka no Baltzar is the only historical I've read that focuses on weapons.

Even something like The Ravages of Time which is god tier in most aspects still ignores weaponry because traditional Chinese is glorified and that's the way the audience likes it. Well Ravages is more realistic with their weapons relative to Kingdom though, their shit actually gets damaged and breaks enough that even the main characters gotta swap weapons time to time.
>>
>>145467412
>gunka
Yeah, good stuff and I really need to pick back up ravages of time. I see the lone guy doing the scan previously seems to have a group collaboration going on now.
>>
>>145467519
Really? Since when? The latest chapter is 453 and it's still Merc translating + Yudy editing. Or do you mean for Gunka? I only know EG does it I don't know which staff among them is allocated on that project.

Both could use some more man power in my opinion.
>>
>>145467584
My bad, i rechecked and it seems its still them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.