[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How and why has the audience been able to expand to accommodate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1443383329161.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1443383329161.gif
3MB, 480x270px
How and why has the audience been able to expand to accommodate the huge influx in anime that is airing now compared even to 2010?
>>
Crunchyroll probably, some kind of ease of access.
Doesn't Netflix have anime now and with more people that gather, it'll just increase further.
>>
>>145460961
Well I was thinking more on the Japanese side, unless you mean more and more foreign money is what is supporting anime now
>>
>>145460894
Most anime flops and sells horribly. It's a dying industry. Your assumption is completely wrong.

Let me rephrase your question:
>has the audience been able to expand to accommodate the huge influx in anime that is airing now compared even to 2010?
No.
>>
>>145461094
The amount of people that buy BDs are a tiny portion of the people who watch late night anime. The industry is just better at extracting money from people now.
>>
>>145461620
>Most anime flops and sells horribly. It's a dying industry. Your assumption is completely wrong.
Then why are they making more of it than ever before? That doesn't fit well at all. If it was dying they would be making less series and gradually phasing out production as studios close.
>>
>>145460961
What the fuck are you even talking about about?
>>
>>145461841
>hen why are they making more of it than ever before?
Because studios are better at making it cheaper than they ever were.

Because there are more 'safe' stories out there to adapt.

Because people still want to make anime out of passion, even if it's a shit career.
>>
>>145462280
I dunno it doesn't seem to ring true, especially since we saw what 400k (production budget, not the full KS) gets you with Under the Dog. Do you have a source explaining this with info from inside the industry or the like?
>>
File: 1460506164082.png (180KB, 379x551px) Image search: [Google]
1460506164082.png
180KB, 379x551px
>>145462280
>he can't into economy of scale
>>
>>145460894
Seems like way more shows are selling below 3k, so either a, it's cheaper to make now, b, they get more money from production committees vs BD sales or c, they're losing money and several studios are bound to go bankrupt soon
>>
>>145462865
What about merch or other external ways of making money which require a series but not BD sales? What if..........commercials from outside interests are actually somehow paying more of the cost now?
>>
>>145462865
Doubtful. What evidence do you have that merch sales have grown?
>>
Anime is cheaper to produce while merchandise is priced higher - and Japan is coming out of its economic slump/Lost Decade (well, two, really) with a strengthening yen, combined with an increased foreign interest in Japanese shit culture, so it's no surprise.

That said, modern anime is shit and worth avoiding, it needs a drastic change because the bar is set lower and lower every year. Computer animated anime from 10 years ago looks better than most modern stuff simply because animators just don't care as much anymore. It's frustrating to see an artform become so commercialized and base.
>>
>>145463373
>people are already nostalgiafagging over garbage from the early '00s
The cycle never ends.
>>
>>145463373
>and Japan is coming out of its economic slump/

Is 0% growth YoY "coming out of its economic slump"?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.