[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this show, it dragged a bit but man is this anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Monster.jpg (51KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
Monster.jpg
51KB, 300x412px
Just finished this show, it dragged a bit but man is this anime dark. Anyways, whats /a/'s thoughts on it? I enjoyed it.
>>
>>145366228
It's really shit
>>
>>145366228
Overrated shit.
>>
god tier ost
>>
>>145366705
This the ost is godlike.
>>
>>145366315
>>145366478
It is impossible to discuss because
>memes
>>
a masterpiece, if you really liked it you should read 20th century boys, urasawa greatest work imo
>>
>>145367791
This.
I really enjoyed both, but 20th Century Boys is better in my opinion.
>>
>>145367791
>>145367865
Ok i will definitely check it out, Thanks!
>>
>>145366228
the manga is better, still a masterpiece
>>
>>145367791
>>145367865
>>145368044

I personally felt Monster was a better manga then 20th CB. The latter just dragged on too long, where as Monster's ending came at a decent point.
>>
>>145366228
Good...
now read the manga Blame
>>
>>145366228

Status quo: the anime
>>
>forever waiting for HBO's live action adaptation
>>
>>145366228
One of the best character development I've ever seen, awesome ost, a bit boring sometimes desu but damn, dr. Tenma ia still my favourite character in any anime ever
>>
Easily in my top 10. If you're looking for another dark, sober anime to fill the void I recommend Aoi Bungaku.
>>
>>145366228
You could have watched Dario Argento's entire filmography in the time you spent on the series. That would have been a better idea.
>>
Dragged on too damn long imo. It wrapped up fine though.
>>
File: thumb_MasterKeatonREM_th.jpg (96KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_MasterKeatonREM_th.jpg
96KB, 250x250px
Master Keaton is objectively the the best work of Urasawa. Anyone who disagree is delusional.
>>
>>145366228
Currently reading the manga, thanks for reminding me of the anime, I'll watch it when I'm done.

>>145371533
Supposedly Del Toro is tryig to pitch it to anyone who would take it, because HBO lost interest.
>>
>>145367865
It's a shame we got those shitty live-action movies instead of an anime adaption.
>>
>>145367791
Monster was a more compact story. 20th Century Boys just seemed to meander through it's arcs, first one was good while the intrigue was being built, second one was worse but still interesting as you tried to untangle their schemes, third arc was just bad. Maybe it has something to do with not having any of the nostalgia it tries to play to but it's probably more to do with all the plot points that are just sort of dumb, what was the point of introducing magical powers if they do fuckall but provide convenient ways to avoid plot holes. The villain swap is where it really starts to go down hill, but Friend was always really weak by the end to me, the first was just sort a dick who wanted to one up a childhood rival and I think the other wanted revenged because the hero stole a pack of gum or something as a kid and he got blamed for it. Neither one can hold and candle to Johan.
>>
>>145366228
Absolute masterpiece
Only tryhard hipsters say it's """""""""overrated"""""""""
>>
>>145367791
>>145367865
>Le 20th Century Boys is better meme
Top fucking kek
20th Century Boys is hot garbage
It's a legitimately badly written series that does not in any way, shape or form compare to Monster

It's fun to read because of how bad it is but you hipsters are absolutely ridiculous
>>
>>145370228
>Good
>Now read some trash
Why?
>>
>>145366228
I enjoyed the fuck out of it. I wish I could watch something like it again.

Does it have rewatch value? Since all the mystery is going to be gone in a second watch.
>>
Overated shit
>>
File: Friend.jpg (158KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Friend.jpg
158KB, 1600x1200px
>>145366228
I think that Johan's power, skills, ability to stay hidden and influence over people stretched credibility a bit too much.
Kind of the same problem I had with Friend.
>>
>>145374742
It's surprising how well received all of Del Toro's movies are and yet he has absolutely no fucking pull to do anything in hollywood
Everything he "tries" to do he gets shut down on
I'm in despair
This world which won't let me have proper adaptations has left me in despair
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.