[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me, or do all anime voices start to sound the same? Despite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1416264940463.gif (1MB, 400x490px) Image search: [Google]
1416264940463.gif
1MB, 400x490px
Is it me, or do all anime voices start to sound the same? Despite the wide variety, individual range and downright deification of VAs, a lot of voices sound simply generic. There's such voices as "the shounen protagonist voice" or "the kawaii moeblob voice" or "the seductive woman voice" or "the loli voice". Very few voices actually sound unique and stand out (pic somewhat related). It's almost like vocal archetypes have replaced vocal range in the same way character archetypes have replaced creative writing. There's no longer the character that over time learns to accept the MC, there's "the tsundere" with "the tsundere voice".
>>
>>145081228

>There's such voices as "the shounen protagonist voice" or "the kawaii moeblob voice" or "the seductive woman voice" or "the loli voice".

It's practically a leitmotif at this point.
>>
>>145081228
Nah, it's always been that way unfortunately.
>>
>>145081228
There are actually stereotypes for nip girls.
>>
>>145081228
>It's almost like vocal archetypes have replaced vocal range in the same way character archetypes have replaced creative writing. There's no longer the character that over time learns to accept the MC, there's "the tsundere" with "the tsundere voice".
This is exactly it
>>
Production companies have started casting people based on marketability rather than their actual voice. Idol type seiyuu are becoming so popular that they get the roles to attract viewers despite not having the range or acting skills to portray the character uniquely. Over ten years passing and no one has still managed to surpass Kugimiya at "the" tsundere roles or Sugita at sarcastic/pessimistic monologue roles, both of which became very major trends after their breakthroughs.

Luckily games aren't at that point yet (eg. casts of Persona 5, Tales of Berseria), probably because they have hundreds of times more dialogue so having incompetent seiyuu would be much more noticeable and the game studios themselves have more control over the casting because they are using their own money.
>>
File: 1383852154917.png (354KB, 360x537px) Image search: [Google]
1383852154917.png
354KB, 360x537px
>>145081228
>I can vaguely categorize most anime voices so this means that they all sound the same.
>>
>>145083905
>Vaguely categorize
But that's wrong. I honestly cannot tell the difference between some of them. Wheover did Shana in Shakugan no Shana and whoever did Rin in Bakuon may as well be the same person to me.
>Inb4 they are
>>
>>145083987
Holy fuck they barely even sound similar.
>>
File: 1346669160309.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1346669160309.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>145083987
It's a foreign language to most so i'm not gonna call you deaf, but you really should listen, the examples you mentioned don't sound similar at all.
>>
File: konoyarou.jpg (25KB, 320x204px) Image search: [Google]
konoyarou.jpg
25KB, 320x204px
>>145081228
>Is it me
It is you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.