[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you lost your ability to enjoy pointless comedies due to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Have you lost your ability to enjoy pointless comedies due to their inherent nature yet?
>>
No. If anything, I've become more able to enjoy them simply because they're pointless.
Moreover, I've developed an ability in the last couple years to enjoy shows that are pure shit because of how comically bad they are.
>>
And what is their inherent nature?
>>
>>145023943
Pretty much.
>>
>>145024032
Pointlessness
>>
>>145023943
>enjoy shows that are pure shit because of how comically bad they are.
Chaos Dragon?
>>
>>145024096
Is it really pointless if they entertain you? Are all fiction pointless?
>>
Pointlessness is the inherent nature of all life. It was this realization - admittedly made at a young age - that exponentially increased my love for them.
>>
>>145024268
Not if they've made you feel that you learned something about how people behave or something innate to the human condition
>>
File: 1409935464771.png (66KB, 419x277px) Image search: [Google]
1409935464771.png
66KB, 419x277px
>>145024268
Well yeah that's kinda the gimmick
>>
>>145023867
You'll have to define what you consider a "point", my man.
>>
>>145024378
Your criteria sounds pointless to me.
>>
>>145024508
Probably because you either hate humans or you think you already know everything about them
>>
>>145023867
What does a show need to have a point, though? Life applicable messages? Strong themes? A story arc? Pretty broad statement.
>>
How can a comedy be pointless as long as it's funny? Literally their only job is to be funny, they don't need to offer anything else.
>>
>>145023867
No. I enjoy them more than when I was young.
>>
>>145024532
No because to deprive yourself enjoyment of a particular genre due to your own unreasonable standards sounds legitimately pointless.

It's a disservice to the creators and a disservice to yourself.
>>
>>145024579
I laugh more watching retards play video games on youtube than at any comedy anime. Does that mean they've all failed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VEoSg1Lq6g
>>
>>145024649
Now watch Excel saga, it's deep and meaningful
>>
>>145024849
No, anon, it means you've failed.
>>
>>145024887
At what? Is this now about how your sense of comedy is better than mine?
>>
>>145023867

Why would I ever lost it though?
>>
>>145024931
Sense of humour, anon. "Sense of comedy" isn't a thing.

And no, this about the fact that you, without a shred of self-awareness, posted a link to a videogame Let's Play on /a/. What's in your head, guy?
>>
>>145024849
I really want to know what exactly it is about people half ass narrating over playing games that makes it infinitely watchable, whereas I'm constantly pausing highly produced tv shows and movies with insane thought and effort put in out of boredom.
>>
>>145025061
Why do you think I did it without a sense of self awareness? I've gotta show an example whether it's /a/ or not. It is quite relevant to the matter at hand.

>>145025080
It's real. Deep in your mind you know an anime or tv show or the like is merely the concoction of a director/writer/studio team carefully created to elicit specific responses from you, while an LP that is not highly produced--one that is merely a stream of consciousness--is closer to that sheer sense of reality than any anime.
>>
>>145023867
Is Muromi San any good?
>>
I am getting a little tired of shows without story progression since it can be done comically without detracting from the intent of the show.
>>
>>145023867
No, and I loved that show.

I rarely enjoy western comedy shows anymore, though.
>>
>>145023867
How about you come back and ask the question properly when you actually know what those words mean?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.