[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Udon's going to be translating the Samurai Pizza Cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Udon's going to be translating the Samurai Pizza Cats Official Fanbook.
>>
>>144659194
>Fanbook.
>>
>>144659497
That's literally the title. キャッ党忍伝てやんでえ公式ファンブック. As in "a book for fans."
>>
strange they would do this considering most if not all westerners would have forgotten this by now since it was never that big outside of being a saturday morning cartoon show
>>
>>144659840
It's picked up in popularity quite a bit since the DVD release happened in 2012-2013. Which was the first time it ever got a full, proper home video release of any kind. There are even new toys getting made.
>>
Is the rumour of them adlibbing everything because noscripts true?
>>
>>144660077
Even so, I seldom hear talk of it among offline and online friends outside of maybe 1 person.

Good on them for translating though, most wouldn't even give the west a second thought
>>
>>144660584
I've heard conflicting things about it, and have yet to come across an actual source to confirm things one way or another. But at any rate, regardless of the exact reason, the dub was indeed a complete rewrite. But in a way it actually manages to carry the spirit of the original quite well. Both versions are full of puns, pop culture references, fourth wall breaking and such.
>>
>>144659194
>Udon's going to be translating the Samurai Pizza Cats Official Fanbook.
And charging double the price of buying it direct from Japan.
Fuck you, Udon.
I don't pay $40 for a $15 book.
>>
File: 1367729535554.jpg (102KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1367729535554.jpg
102KB, 510x624px
>>144661101
Considering how ruthless some of the jokes were, they would of gotten censored to the point where all meaning is lost in the translation so a rewrite was necessary

It turned out good in the end, I remember watching before going to school
>>
>>144661682
The prices on the initial printing have already gone up quite a bit. I don't think it was printed in very large quantities.
>>
File: samuraipizzacats.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
samuraipizzacats.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
RIP thread
Who subs the Japanese version?
>>
>>144664562
Discotek released a subbed DVD set in 2013, but its translation work had quite a few flaws. The recent Crunchyroll release has a few of the episodes improved, but no confirmation yet on whether the whole series will be getting fixed up or not.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.