[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've started up Re: Zero and I finished KonoSuba a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

So I've started up Re: Zero and I finished KonoSuba a while back. However, one thing I've noticed is that both the protag's are well aware that their in an Isekai. All I've seen are parodies of isekai and I guess the question I have is have has there ever been a legit isekai that wasn't a parody of isekai? What would that even be? Scrapped Princess? Chaika? DanMachi? One of you guys please fill me in.
>>
Also pic unrelated.
>>
>>144567143

Of course there have been. And if you want to know what they are you can fucking google it you lazy fuck.

At least try to disguise your request threads.
>>
>>144567143
>>144557107
>>
>>144567284
I'm not asking for a rec thread, you fucking autist. I'm just asking where has this trope been done before. The most I can think of is SAO or .hack// but I don't even know if those would qualify.
>>
>>144567367
this is the state of /a now anon.
You want to have a thread talking about anime that have done certain things or addressed certain topics but inevitably fucks like
>>144567284
show up and start pretending to old fag "yar har not request threads in muh /a, fagzor" instead of contributing meaningfully. As if at this point you've watched all the anime that's ever been and keep a fucking catalogue alphebetized under genre instead of, I don't know, having a fucking job and living a life but still liking anime. It's just another form of shitposting now.

Hell it's arguably less cancerous to be a sauce fag now since if somebody feeds them at least they fucking go away and watch them some anime maybe come back and start a thread talking about it or wanting to discuss, unlike Cuck McFuckface who will never contribute other than "No sauce, go /r" and will do it every chance he gets in every thread he can.

To avoid shit posting myself, I'm pretty sure Gate is as close to this as possible since Itami and a couple other characters are known weebs and otaku and their entire outlook and the reactions of others to them are colored by it. Even so, Gate managed to engrave some severity into it via the casual brutality of war and backwards ass nationalistic culture (you could almost view the Empire as a parody of Emperial Japan). Maybe the trope is a little subverted since there isn't any powerlevel shit except when the Empire tries something it thinks is clever and powerful but just gets shithoused by modern military power and tactics.
>>
I don't think the MC of Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari was particularly genre-aware.

I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, as I'm not a huge fan of the premise, but you could check TVTropes for TrappedInAnotherWorld

And no, I don't think Scrapped Princess, Chaika, or DanMachi qualify whatsoever.
>>
Garzey's Wing is the best Isekai story ever created.
>>
>>144568201
No, it's because you're a moron who clearly hasn't seen enough anime and hasn't lurked enough. It would take 2 seconds of thought to realize that there would be no isekai parodies without regular isekai, and that the idea of being transported to another world is so fucking ubiquitous in fantasy that it's a stupid question.
>>
>>144568201
>if somebody feeds them at least they fucking go away and watch them some anime

It cute how naive you are.

>>144569833
And reason prevails
>>
>>144567143
> the protag's are well aware that their in an Isekai.

they would have to be pretty fucking stupid to not notice they went to another world with magic and shit
>>
How about fucking Inuyasha?
>>
>>144571918
Or is time travel not good enough?

In that case, Rayearth, or Escaflowne. These are well known.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.