[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest here, Berserk is total edgy garbage outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Berserk-TheGoldenAgeArcI00.jpg (238KB, 1023x651px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk-TheGoldenAgeArcI00.jpg
238KB, 1023x651px
Let's be honest here, Berserk is total edgy garbage outside of the Golden Age arc.
>>
>>144541329
Lost Children isn't edgier than Golden Arc

Not that you remembered reading it because you have shit tier taste
>>
>>144541400
>Lost Children isn't edgier than Golden Arc

You have no idea what you're talking about. Kill yourself.
>>
I'm put off by how much graphic rape it has
>>
>>144541591
Then maybe you should go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>144541545
>You have no idea what you're talking about. Kill yourself.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Kill yourself.
>>
It does edgy right. The TV show doesn't.

Without the great atmosphere the drawing of the manga gives it just doesn't work and seems like trash.
>>
>>144541679
That's a little harsh don't you think

I mean, is it really necessary for Casca's rape to be 20 pages long and that graphic
>>
File: 1443125369811.png (124KB, 239x304px) Image search: [Google]
1443125369811.png
124KB, 239x304px
>edgy garbage outside of the Golden Age arc
>when Golden Age arc had Wyald
>when the current arc is full of cute witches and fairies
im-fucking-plying
>>
>>144541758
It was hardly graphic. She was in a daze during it, not screaming or feeling pain.
>>
>>144541814
Current arc isn't edgy, but it is garbage.
>>
>>144541758
And how is it worse than torture or violent murder?

Sorry, I don't indulge people with seeming double standards.
>>
File: berserk1.webm (1MB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
berserk1.webm
1MB, 570x321px
>berserk
>anything BUT edgy trash
What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of years ago when I was asked to comment on Kentaro Miura. I went to cdjapan and bought and read a copy of the "Golden Age." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the art was a mess. As I read, I noticed that every time the main character fell down in the presence of others, he would accidentally fall on a woman and grope her breasts. I began marking on the back of my tankōbon volume every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the volume several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miura's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing.

But when I wrote that on My Anime List, I was denounced. I was told that new anime fans would now read and watch only Berserk, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than reading nothing at all? If Berserk was what it took to make them pick up anime or manga, wasn't that a good thing?

It is not. "Berserk" will not lead our children on to Masaaki Yuasa's "The Tatami Galaxy" or his "Ping Pong: The Animation" It will not lead them to Satoshi Kon's "Perfect Blue" or Ryūtarō Nakamura's "Serial Experiments Lain" or to reading Gen Urobuchi's chef-d'œuvre, "Fate/Zero".

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Berserk by Hiroyuki Imaishi. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these new fans are reading Berserk at 13 or 14, then when they get older they will go on to watch Gurren Lagann." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read Berserk, you are, in fact, trained to watch Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>144542329
what was this pasta originally about?
>>
>>144542422
Harry Potter
>>
>>144541758
>I mean, is it really necessary for Casca's rape to be 20 pages long and that graphic
Is it unnecessary? If your feelings are hurt that bad maybe you should go cry to a place that'll be more receptive of them, and stick to stories for children.

>>144541717
You guys are being retarded but Black Swordsmen/Lost Children is way edgier/darker than Golden Age, as a whole. Guts is even worse than the start of Golden Age, and that's ignoring all the other shitty characters being assholes, which are in higher supply than Golden Age.
I mean, unless you equate Eclipse to being indicative of the entire Golden Age, in which case I suppose the edge isn't particularly different.
>>
>>144545188
>I mean, unless you equate Eclipse to being indicative of the entire Golden Age, in which case I suppose the edge isn't particularly different.

The Eclipse was great because it came out of nowhere and was fucking terrifying. Then all the other silly edgy shit happened and we all became numb to the overall brutality.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.