[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I rewatched A Certain Magical Index's prologue again. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Index Prologo.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Index Prologo.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
I rewatched A Certain Magical Index's prologue again. I still don't get it.

Touma gets hits by feathers.

Touma suffers selective memory loss, but it isn't memory loss, but it is.

Absolutely no one notices.

Like, doesn't he get calls from his parents or something, or did they die, too? How does he know where his apartment is? How does he know who his teachers are? Won't he fail literally every class from now on?

How does he know what his own face looks like now? He has homework, how does he know to turn it in? How does he know where his keys are? How will he remember anyone's phone numbers or addresses or even their names? Does he just say, "Hey, you!" from now on, to literally everyone?

Foreign languages. If he knew English before, he doesn't now. He's doomed. He can't compete in the global market. Maybe I'm overthinking this, and the 14-year-old who looks like a 30-year-old said, "Don't touch the feathers, they doom you!" he was actually referring to their tendency to erase knowledge of English. What about Japanese? How does he still know Japanese? How about human mannerisms? How does he, from now on, know when he's being a faggot or when he's being super-fly? Crossing lights? How won't he get run over? Sidewalks. You are not born with knowledge of side walks! How does he know how to use them?! Fucking CHAIRS, how won't he mistake a chair with a desk? THE FUCKING FLOOR. How does he know what is and isn't appropriate to walk on? Wax finishes. How will he learn to manage them /if he doesn't even know what wax is/?

Eating. Some things need to be cooked. How does he know about cooking? Fire?

Bad air. He's in a child-like state now, but everyone around him thinks he's smart enough to think. Sure, I'll grant him a gift of newfound neuroplasticity greatly exceeding a high-schooler... but what's to stop him from going prone and deeply inhaling the exhaust of a car? How will he know what air pressure is? Tires? How to exercise? Where will he learn wit?!
>>
>>144430227
Sounds like the author is a bad writer.
>>
because they wipe 1 year of memory via magic
thats why they need to chase index around to redo it all the time

Are you seriously telling me that a certain magical index is too deep for you?
>>
Storing an entire magical library inside the mind of a little girl seems like a pretty bad idea.
-It's much more difficult to steal an entire library than to kidnap a single person
-A library can't get up and wander away
-A library can't die of old age or by accident so easily
-Making a military asset "cute" (ie, a little girl) can cause your minions to treat it irrationally, instead of treating it like a military asset
>>
>>144430319

>because they wipe 1 year of memory via magic

He couldn't remember his parents faces.
>>
>>144430456
of course not
hes a main character, they never see their parents.
>>
>>144430456
What? Where does this happen? So his parents actually walk up to him, and he goes, "Who are you?"
>>
>>144430479

Why are you tripping?
>>
>>144430502
when everyone shuffles so they could lewd index as toumas mom his dad stayed the same as he was doing alchelmy, other alchemists were also unaffected as well if i vaguely remember.
touma however does not recognize his dad as being his dad, assuming he was swapped with some one he never knew, in the same way index was swapped with his mother, as well as his friend being swapped to being index, and misaka being switched to his clingy cousin.

>>144430601
why you trippin
>>
File: 1442430463989.png (206KB, 1233x957px) Image search: [Google]
1442430463989.png
206KB, 1233x957px
>>144430502
Are you retarded? Watch 5 minutes of episode 15.
>>
>>144430227
It destroyed a part of his brain , similar to amnesia but he wont ever remember since the memories he lost got completly deleted. As for failing school or foreign languages LN shows him having trouble with it because of the injury.
>>
>>144430628

I am going to filter you now, because you seem retarded.
>>
>>144430693
im going to filter you now because you seem retarded
>>
>>144430748
>>
>>144430748
>>
grade a thread lads
>>
>>144430815
thx
>>
People use amnesia as a cop out for his lack of character and his atomic logic when he was the exact same both before and after amnesia.
>>
>>144430227
Is this the first time you've heard of Amnesia?

A lot of people just forget their identity or people close to them but not how to live or things they've accumulated throughout life like mannerism and language, because memory isn't stocked in a single partition in the brain, there are several parts each in charge of different things.

His personality stayed mostly the same, so he managed to get by, but he did have some difficulty at the beginning.
>>
File: pedoroll.gif (625KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pedoroll.gif
625KB, 500x500px
>>144430815
>>
>>144430227
Did the Amnesia thing really matter plot?

Granted its been years since I read or watched any index stuff, but I cant remember it ever mattering that much
>>
>>144431008
It matters more as part of Touma's characterization than an actual plot point. It comes up in the plot early on a couple times, but it's more meant to just show you what kind of person he is.
>>
>>144430227
>LN writing for plot

Found the problem OP.
>>
>>144430227
>Write a one-off story
>End it with the MC tragically losing his memories after saving a girl he just met
>Get told to continue writing it
>Now need to work around the fact that your MC is supposed to be fucking memory wiped
>>
Wasn't the reason Touma had memory was because originally Index was supposed to be a one shot and not a serialization?
>>
>>144430227
>How does he know what his own face looks like now?
He remembers some stuff like how to perform tasks he could before and how society functions, he just forgot all of the people

>Like, doesn't he get calls from his parents or something, or did they die, too?
They show up in the middle of season 1 and he pretends to remember them. It's a plot point that he can't remember their faces because there's some weird body swap shenanigans going on.

>Does he just say, "Hey, you!" from now on, to literally everyone?
Early on, if he sees someone weird looking he assumes he knows them. Which is some DEEP GENRE COMMENTARY on how major characters in LNs have really intricate designs while everyone else is just black hair/brown eyes.

>>144431008
Not really, the flashback volume we had a year or two ago showed that he was pretty much the same guy before he lost his memories. I don't think it's been mentioned at all in a while outside of that flashback volume.

>>144431166
Yep
>>
>>144430856
Yes, THIS! It always seemed to me that before!touma is a bland retard with a generic sense of justice, but after!touma is like Onii-sama with an emotionless sense of logic. Like a person newly-reincarnated in an Isekai Tensei sort of way. In fact, I view this as an Isekai Tensei novel: an Earthling from the middle ages got transported over to some freakish magical world where there are multiply-phased worlds layered over and within each other and where so much shit is going on the brain simply can't comprehend anything except just barely try to survive.

That's the sort of entity I want to characterize after!touma as. Onii-sama, except sociopathic.
>>
>>144430872
Can people get amnesia of their cooking skills?

I thought not. Amnesia is just a bunch of bullshit and people claiming to have been diagnosed with amnesia are just bullshitters-suprême.
>>
>>144431295
>~~A man in a trench coat walks by the front of your house three times.~~
>A man clad in coat of the trench! And he's acting suspiciously. Damnit, did the person who used to inhabit this body have an enemy like him?
>~~Touma chases-down the man and corners him in an alley~~
>Bastard, I knew I would see you again! I'm going to kill you this time!
>~~Trenchcoated man is exceptionally confused, a true grotesque of whatdafuckery.~~
>What are you up t-- (wait, if I know him and I want him to still think I remember who he is, then I should assume that he assumes that I assume that he has some well-known intentions) -- w-why am I seeing you again after all these years?
>~~A look of shock crosses the man's face, a forlorn hope appearing in front of him~~
>Man, I don't know you!
>TouMAN, you did know me! Prepare to die!
>I just forgot my wallet, I live down the street from you man, I went back the third time to pay for my held groceries!
>DIE I won't fall for your magical tricks again, batman!
>>
Why does Touma keep on saying "Fukou-da" even after losing his mannerisms?

This show is so weird.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.