[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've watched most of Miyazaki's most acclaimed films.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Studio_Ghibli_Logo.jpg (3MB, 6000x4800px) Image search: [Google]
Studio_Ghibli_Logo.jpg
3MB, 6000x4800px
I've watched most of Miyazaki's most acclaimed films. Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle and Grave of the Fireflies to be exact.

Each one of them I can't say I hate, but they make me feel like I'm out of my mind. Everyone praises these movies like they're a gift from god but every one of them (with the exception of Princess Mononoke) have made me wish they would end just a little bit faster before they were over. Everyone I look his movies are receiving 9.5/10 or even 10/10 scores but I recently rewatched My Neighbor Totoro and it's sitting at a 6.5/10 in my personal opinion. I watch it and it feels like an hour and a half of nothingness. Just a bunch of pretty visuals with a story that's barely gripping enough to keep you watching. Are these films just that overrated or am I missing something?
>>
Cool blog dude
>>
File: 1422794977356.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422794977356.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
They're basically Disney family films, You want to watch the real good shit aka Whisper of the Heart.
>>
What a cool and original opinion
>>
>>144157817
My Neighbor Totoro is really overrated.
>>
>Grave of the Fireflies
>Miyazaki
>>
>>144157991
It seems to be a very rare opinion as everyone you see gives every single Miyazaki movie a 10/10.
>>
>>144158141
Sorry, should have said Ghibli instead. It's a habit calling their film's Miyazaki works.
>>
>>144158179
Is it your first day on /a/?
>>
>>144158328
Nope, even on /a/ the majority is positive.
>>
>>144158179
That's why he said it's so original and cool! You can go now and attach a medal to yourself for being such a special snowflake.
>>
>>144157817
What's a 9/10 movie for you?

Also you didn't watch Porco Rosso and Whisper of the Heart and the Cat Returns.

You haven't watched shit.
>>
>its a newfag blogshit thread
>>
>>144157817

I'm not OP, but I'm a newfag watching Ghibli's movies in order for the first time. I'm up to Porco Rosso, and Porco Rosso has been the only disappointment so far.

The whole appeal of Totoro is precisely that nothing happens. But in terms of Ghibli movies that are just "about life" without any big climaxes or anything, I do prefer Kiki's Delivery Service and Only Yesterday to Totoro.
>>
>>144157817
I've seen Totoro and spirited away, and I can see how they appeal to western audiences.
In that they are pretty and basically disney, might as well get that Netflix subscription and go rent some DVDs for movie nights.

If you want to see good anime movies, explore Satoshi Kon.
If you want to see a REALLY well done movie, 10/10 for me, rewatched twice already, watch Girls und Panzer -der Film-.
No, seriously.
>>
>>144160536
They are nothing like Disney. Especially Totoro. Why are you guys so ignorant?
>>
File: retard master.jpg (13KB, 183x253px) Image search: [Google]
retard master.jpg
13KB, 183x253px
I love me some Miyazaki but I really think that Takahata has the best Ghibli's films.
>>144160735
This.
That stupid comparison is a big misunderstanding of Ghibli's deal.
>>
>>144157817
Takahata is better
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.