[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>clean out the garbage in society >crime rates drop by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 24

File: Light4.png (770KB, 700x973px) Image search: [Google]
Light4.png
770KB, 700x973px
>clean out the garbage in society
>crime rates drop by 70%
>world is becoming a better place
>is considered a villain

Why?
>>
>let me kill this poor dude who's stealing so he can live another day

That's why. He also killed people who were yet to have been proven guilty.
>>
File: matsuda.jpg (97KB, 1006x697px) Image search: [Google]
matsuda.jpg
97KB, 1006x697px
>>
He kill NEETS because why no?
>>
Murder is wrong.
>>
Pretty much every episode preview was
>I'LL KILL EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IF I HAVE TO!

It reminds me how every House M.D. preview was
>BLAH BLAH BLAH AND HOUSE JUST MIGHT LOSE HIS JOB!
>>
Judge not lest ye be judged.
>>
>mass murderer
>Laughs like a villain
>thinks like a villain
>acts like a villain
>not a villain
get off the net Light.
>>
>>144138561
I find it funny when atheists defend Light. On one hand they don't believe in no god who determines what man is allowed to do and what is considered good and evil.

On other hand they defend average Japanese high schooler who lords over people and kills them according to his perception of what's good and evil.

I won't say Light is objectively wrong, I am just saying that I wouldn't want Japanese high schooler being able to kill any man he wants with zero repercussions just because he thought it's the right way to do, might as well agree to work for food because my chief says so.
>>
>>144140256
The difference is Light's perception of good and evil is correct.
>>
Still a good show.
>>
>>144138561
because shallow thinking dumbasses like you are tearing this world apart.
>>
If you had a Death Note you'd do a lot more good in the world to kill off people like the Koch brothers or Mugabe than you would some random gangbanger.
>>
>>144138561
Because people were afraid and/or jelly of his power. It was also going against rules of society.
For most part he was right, but he also had human weaknesses, that made him kill people out of sheer fear of being discovered.
I do believe such person would actually make world better place. From semirecent history of my country, there was guy, who was pretty much tyrant. He tried to win election and lost, so he gathered officers that were loyal to him and took contol of country with force.
Now he is reminiscent as one of better rulers, because country was in shit, but he made it stood up on its own legs.
>>
>>144140393
But he was just killing people who were already sentenced to jail according to the law. Without counting in probability of rehabilitation and wrongly accused.

And then he started killing people on his trail, who actually never committed a crime, they were just in his way.

So, complete tyranny is a right way to go?
>>
>>144140604
Light kills people like that.

Important people who run evil cooperations to street scumbags.

He doesn't discriminate.
>>
>>144138561
Because you can't say what is good or bad, good or bad is almost entirely a cultural concept
>>
>>144140393
>look this paper says this man is a bad guy
>let's kill him
>correct perception of good an evil
>>
>>144140393
He killed people accused of crimes by the law and that's it. Who says that law is the absolute definition of good and evil?
>>
>>144140903
The law.
>>
>>144140975
Most lawyers, judges, and law theorists do not argue that the law is an absolute dictate of what is right and wrong, and many argue that it isn't connected to what is right and what is wrong at all.
>>
>>144138561
He went to far and killed many people who didn't deserve to die. He had a god complex.

Also he ruled by fear, which is usually just BEGGING to fall apart and hard
>>
>>144140975
LAAAAWWWWWWW
>>
File: Story of every SMT game.jpg (4KB, 120x126px) Image search: [Google]
Story of every SMT game.jpg
4KB, 120x126px
>>144141119
>>
>>144140975
Jugde dredd is the law
>>
>>144141078
Ruling by fear is the only true way to rule
>>
>>144140975
Even among the law you will hardly find someone who agrees the law is the absolute definition of good and evil.
>>
Light is the ultimate tryhard edgelord self insert
>>
>>144140975
You do know a lot of innocent people blamed for a crime they didn't commit get jailed every year because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time right?

You do know there is a long history of people executed only to be found out they were innocent years after their death only to get "pardoned" to clean their name for their families afterwards right?

Not everything is black and white.
>>
>>144138561
Its literally the most predictable "I have a black and white view of justice" situation I have every seen.
One could argue he was 'in the right' until he started killing investigators who were just doing their jobs. They weren't criminals. They were trying to catch a 'criminal'

Light started 'good' and became 'bad' at the drop of a fucking hat because he literally can't figure out any way out of situations besides "I'LL KILL EVERYONE"
>>
>>144141188
Chaos routes a best
>>
>>144141225
Hobbes pls.
>>
>>144141347
>>144141247
>>144141046
>>144140903
Jean Valjean go to bed.
>>
>>144141355
Light wasn't smart he just had a deus ex machina notebook that lets him kill people getting close to him.

What's sad is that edgelords thinks this is the "absolute amazing anime XD" cause because they are mostly bullied in school and they just want to get back at their bullies without repercussion of them EVER getting caught.
>>
Does it matter if he killed a few innocents when millions of people got to life safe lives instead? After all the crime rate DID go down
>>
>>144141355
so what was he supposed to do? letting himself get caught?
>>
File: 4443566_p0.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
4443566_p0.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
the true hero
>>
>>144141496
>Light wasn't smart

His university grades and the memory wipe plan says otherwise
>>
>>144141567
How do you even get caught in that situation? You'd have to be a complete fool to even get close to being caught.
>>
He was a tyrant and a megalomaniac. One could say power corrupted him but judging by his attitude at the beginning you could see that he was a megalomaniac even then. He murdered plenty of innocents along with the guilty and used a lot of people as pawns in his game against the law enforcement. If he had stuck to criminals this MIGHT be more open to debate but even then you'd have to take into account the number of people who were had likely been falsely accused. It wasn't even about cleaning up anything to him, it was about playing God. L issues one little challenge at the beginning and it sends Light into the deep end where everything is expendable, even his own family.

Light was not and never, EVER will be right.
>>
>>144138561
He's just killing petty crooks and not corrupt politicians and white collar criminals.

All he's doing is trying to cure the symptoms, rather than the causes.
>>
>>144141567
Stop killing while the heat blows over?
Change his "hurr durr everyone dies of a heart attack it was me IT WAS ME" tactics?
Stop writing down names in his hosue when he knows its been bugged? Why couldn't he grab a newspaper, read it in the library and write down a few names? ITs against the law in japan for a student to read the newspaper and take notes?

He just goes through so many pants on head retarded hoops to 'outwit' L and the police.
>>
>>144141661
>not corrupt politicians and white collar criminals.

He did.
>>
>>144141632
Just because you have high grades in school doesn't mean shit in the real world. His plan was complete bullshit and only worked cause of all the coincidences that happened. You do know the probability of him succeeding was extremely low right if everything didn't fall into place perfectly which in real life you do know that never happens. The Japs don't really know the concept of Murphy's Law.
>>
>>144141743
He never got caught doing any of thay shit and having people die while L thinks he's doing homework is a smart move as there's no proof he did shit.

Also you are forgetting Light was trying to rule the world by fear of some entity so he was purposely killing people the same way to get their attention.

Can't even really call him retarded for this as it worked in the end for him if you ignore the filler post L arc.
>>
>>144138561
>world is becoming a better
>everyone freaks the fuck out and causes when some kind of "god" is killing who ever he wishes by unexplainable means
>would kill any good person to prevent being found out

yyyyyep, totally not a villain in any way
>>
>Doesn't kill a single corrupt politician, or bankster who ruin millions of lives as opposed to petty criminals who's crimes are the result of the state of society
>Goes so far as to even want to kill the lazy, and yet doesn't touch on the subject of harming wealthy criminals who commit socially acceptable crimes like fraud
Yep, literally the "I'm 13 year olds and this my view of good and evil" entry level anime. I guarantee you everyone who thinks Light is right, ironically or otherwise, believes that white collar crime doesn't deserve the same treatment blue collar crime gets.
>>
>>144141895
>ignore the filler post L arc
the arc in where he loses and dies?
>>
>>144141496
Personally, I thought it was a cool series with a falling "hero" and a very likable "antagonist".

Then the antagonist died.

I recognized MOST kiddies liked it because the Death Note struck them as cool, but I'm just saying it DID have other merits.
>>
File: um.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
um.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>144141895
>if you ignore the part where he loses, he wins
>>
>>144141895
There was barely any proof he could do it in the first place.
As long as no one found out about the notebook L couldn't do shit to Light.

He's going to go to the court and go "Yes your honor this young man had a list of the criminals who were killed and magically caused them to have heart attacks"
>>
>>144141798
>You do know the probability of him succeeding was extremely low right if everything didn't fall into place perfectly which in real life you do know that never happens.

No it was GUARENTEED to work.

Light knows he's gonna work with L and knows L will want to catch Kira and then investigate the death note when they get it since he needs to know what it is.

Since Light is obviously gonna contribute a lot to the case he's gonna get a hand at the death note at somepoint and he has a piece of paper hidden in his watch so he can kill off the thug and regain his memories quickly.

The thug also wouldn't be able to say anything too much about the note as Light knows Rem would kill the guy as Misa would get found out again. Light also had the rules rewritten too make sure L would be forced to accept he can't hold Light or Misa in any suspicion.

So yeah, don't know why you're acting like he had some tiny chance when it would have worked out 1 way or the other.
>>
neither black neither white
>>
>>144141347
>Not everything is black and white.

Nope, there are also chinks and indians.
>>
>>144142065
>implying it'd ever go as far as a trial
they'd take him out in the back and shoot him
>>
>>144141975
>>144142043
>Author forced to continue series as it got too popular

Sorry but give a single chapter that EVER hinted Near or Mello's existence in the early or middle part of the L arc.
>>
>>144138561
In actuality, he more or less instilled enough fear that people were too scared to anything out of fear of committing a crime.
>>
>>144142228
So? That doesn't mean that the plan was to have Light win in the end, which is your point - that the canon ending is somehow Light winning.
>>
File: 51705877_p5.jpg (579KB, 1759x1332px) Image search: [Google]
51705877_p5.jpg
579KB, 1759x1332px
>>144142228
>canon ending is not the ending cause I said so
I totally forgot about the salty Lightfags.
>>
>>144142355
>That doesn't mean that the plan was to have Light win in the end

Light beating L WAS supposed to be the ending and everything pretty much seemed towards an ending and then the guys were forced to continue shit out of their choice.
>>
Why didn't Light just us the Death Note to kill every single criminal on Death Row and every single inmate incarcerated for a Violent Crime or Murder? No need to kill for White Collar shit.
>>
>>144138561
His reasoning is reductive, over-simplified, edgy, and not well thought out. Crime is a complex thing. People often don't commit crime for the sake of committing crime. Certainly there are those that do but many do not. The world that he made was not better. It was ruled by fear. This does not mean everything was right or fair. What about actions of individuals that are immoral but are not considered crimes? The exploitation of workers, wage gap, and other social issues prevalent in society that are often created from seemingly crime-less actions of individuals in a capitalist society in general. What about authoritarianism? Where is the line drawn? Light didn't fix the world. He just shoved all the glaring flaws of the world in a closet of fear and called it "a clean world." It wasn't at all. There's a difference between law and morality is what I'm saying. Questions of law are strictly objective and based on the books. However, question of morality are more complicated. Light could not differentiate that because of his ego. Law is only a reflection of society's moral principles not the moral principles themselves.
>>
All the people hating on Light sure conveniently forget that he was straight up murdered without ever being judged
>>
>>144142490
>Light beating L WAS supposed to be the ending

I assume you have quotes from the authors to back that claim up?
>>
File: 1468439745515.gif (276KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468439745515.gif
276KB, 500x281px
>>144142437
It's filler you retard.

How the fuck can you say making a cheap knock off L was "planned" from the first chapter? The guy even had the same weird quirks it was embarrassing.
>>
>>144138561
Because everyone is special and important so killing is wrong!
>>
>>144142557
Anyone that read it realizes the drop in quality after L
>>
>>144139652
>justifying crime for the survival of a non-contributing "member" of society
Should've been gassed by the government desu
>>
>>144142536
>hating on light
Just desserts and all that
>>
>>144142536
It actually isn't relevant to criticizing his actions. Just because somebody is a bad guy doesn't mean he can't be wronged, and just because somebody is wrong doesn't mean he can't be a bad guy. That's what Light logic fails to recognize.
>>
>>144142536
I'm not hating on Light I just think he went from 0 to 120 on the retarded meter too quick.
>>
>>144140486
Up until Ladies. After Ladies it drops in quality very quickly.
>>
>>144142622
That doesn't mean that the original plan for him was to win. It could just as easily mean that the original plan was for him to lose to L.

This really isn't complicated.
>>
File: 1339691089837.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1339691089837.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>144141567
All he had to do was ignore L's retarded public challenge.
Instead, he got so assblasted when being told "you are evil" that he had to kill the L stand-in live on television.
You would need an ego larger than the sun to fall for such low-tier bait.
>>
Light is the Law and Order the world needs.

Just look at our current world. You've got terrorist organizations like ISIS running amok over the world bombing and murdering people over religion. Western culture and civilization is clasping. People are dumb as fuck and apathetic and cowards to everything to the point that there is no outcry for a criminal like Hillary Clinton. You've got civil unrest with Black Lives Matter that wants a race war against Whites like what you saw in Dallas and they are not interested in peace and only want anarchy. You've got the kikes trying to create their new world order through globalism and want to destroy any sense of individuals and identity by suppressing free speech and labeling anyone that disagrees as "crazies". You've got cultural Marxism invading school systems and the people in them are taught to tolerate evil because they "dindu nuffin" and that the problems is because of White patriarchy. You've got rampant sjws and feminist destroying males and turning them into betas and think everything is "sexist" and politically correct.

Light was doing the right thing resetting the degeneracy that was falling upon humanity and there is nothing wrong with killing which is not the same as murder.
>>
>>144142536
The cops put down a threat. This happens every day in their line of work. Light went for a piece of note he hadden and got shot for it, no different than if someone went for a gun when the cops told him to stand down.

And ultimately it was Ryuk who killed him.
>>
>>144138561
Light would have done far more good if he had just killed George Soros and the Rotchilds. Treating the symptoms and ignoing the cause is why everything went back to how it was before he got the death note when he died. If he had just killed of the Globalists, he would have actually made the world a better place.
>>
>>144142774
Light was a nip and wouldnt give a single shit about /pol/
>>
>>144142557
If you read Bakuman they basically say it there about how a series that was originally planning to end was forced to continue due to the popularity.
>>
>>144142833
>he had hidden

Fixed.
>>
>>144142536
>straight up murdered
He tried to kill with a scrap of deathnote and got shot in self defense. Not murder.
>>
File: 9719573_orig.png (523KB, 1058x643px) Image search: [Google]
9719573_orig.png
523KB, 1058x643px
>>144142594
>"planned" from the first chapter?
no show is 100% planned from the first chapter good sir.

besides Light needed to be defeated. thinking it'd end any other way is just delusion
>>
>>144142755
Seriously, Light's best course of action was consistently to do nothing, which is the exact opposite of what he did.

L challenges him on TV? Do nothing. Bunch of feds enter the country looking for you? Do nothing. Second Kira spouting off? Do nothing. L would never have been able to catch him if he had just stopped putting his fucking foot in it.
>>
>>144142897
But inaction wouldn't have improved the world, he would have just become one of those that he hates
>>
>>144142897
The thing is, Light was a prideful narcissistic God-complex maniac. He couldn't just not do something.
>>
>>144139965
Watch next episode as House faces his biggest medical challenge of the season yet!
>>
>>144142857
Again, that doesn't mean the plan was ever for Light to win.
>>
>>144142715
>It could just as easily mean that the original plan was for him to lose to L.

Then why the fuck didn't he? This don't make sense retard. L is basically the good guy so there would have been no problems making him win but the fact that they made Light win despite him being the bad guy shows that's what they planned for originally.
>>
>>144142943
I don't mean do nothing with the death note, I mean do nothing in response to L. Ignore him.
>>
>>144138561

This is happening in the Philippines right now (minus the magic book).

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/07/philippines-duterte-drug-addicts/

Some call him evil, but clearly plenty of people support him.
>>
>>144139965
>>144142961
House was good up until season 4. It got too formulaic and repetitive after that.

It got better when he was trying to get off opiates and had internal conflicts tho.
>>
Did anyone seriously think Light was going to win permanently? It seemed rather obvious from the start that his god complex was going to be his downfall. It was big red flag that he was doomed to fail in the long run.
>>
>>144143042
>kills drug addicts
>people think this is a good thing
>>
>>144142882
>besides Light needed to be defeated.

Then the obvious choice would have been L or have them both die round the same time somehow but no they made Light win because they wanted too. Near was fucking shit and obviously shoved in last minute since they couldn't bother too make any unique characteristics for him.
>>
>>144142976
>Then why the fuck didn't he?

Because they needed to extend the series, you complete fucking imbecile.

>This don't make sense retard. L is basically the good guy so there would have been no problems making him win but the fact that they made Light win despite him being the bad guy shows that's what they planned for originally.

You're absolutely right, that "don't" make sense, retard.

You have a series, you intend for it to end in a particular way, but after a while you need it to go on for longer. So you insert material in the middle to stretch it out. This isn't fucking rocket science.
>>
>>144142774
Except Light didn't give a shit about anything you said.
He only cared about what government considered criminals.
>>
>>144142897
>Second Kira spouting off? Do nothing.
that'd be very bad. his powers would have been revealed.
>>
>>144143129
But so what? What are they going to do, arrest everybody who writes on paper? Search every house in the world?
>>
File: 1468279555717.gif (57KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1468279555717.gif
57KB, 320x180px
>>144142974
>the authors made Light beat the series main popular antagonist after years of them trying to one up each other
>the authors didn't plan to make Light win

Sure you retard, if that wasn't the case L would have won but no he didn't.
>>
>>144143109
>but no they made Light win
by cheating with Ren. not what I'd call a straight "win" they killed off L for shock value.
>>
>>144142838
Light was a Nationalist and would at the very least protect his people from the trash of society. There is a reason why those third world countries are trash and it isn't because there is some boogyman keeping them down. They're the way they are because their values are not compatite with first world nations. Third World nations lack virtues and are cowards. You can see that with Syrian Refugees where the so called "Refugees" are mostly males between 18-30 and yet they're not helping to fight to protect for their homeland. Why the hell would any first world nation want those kinds of cowards and no virtues to be accepted into any first world nation?

>>144143123
His actions created a ripple affect that would solidified for future generations over the world.
>>
File: best boy.jpg (61KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.jpg
61KB, 1024x577px
>>144143109
>Near was fucking shit
ah I missed Salty Light-fags
>>
>>144138561
>crime rates drop by 70%
>murder rates increase by 2000000%
All he essentially did was take relocate all crime to himself.
Can't call that a good guy now can we?
>>
>>144143234
>he actually thinks that's a good argument

Yeah, I'm done with you.
>>
>>144143172
they'd know he kills with a death note. if L got his hands on that with its powers and the knowing the abilities of Shimigami eyes it'd just take a couple dudes with binoculars to go find light.
>>
>>144143120
So all i'm seeing you say they were forced to continue the series.

I can't believe you honestly think the series that was carried by Light and L's shenanigans wasn't suposed to end right after one of them lost to each other.
>>
>>144143373
>a couple dudes with binoculars to go find light.

You make a good point, but it would have been a lot more difficult if they don't even know where to begin looking.
>>
>>144142536
Cops are allowed to kill threats like Light.
>>
>>144143399
>I can't believe you honestly think the series that was carried by Light and L's shenanigans wasn't suposed to end right after one of them lost to each other.

Nobody said that. People are saying that Light was never intended to win at the end. That's it.

Do try to follow along here.
>>
>>144143373
Thats assuming L knew Light's location. But if he hadn't fell for the Linda L Tailor bait, he wouldn't have any clue of where Light was.
>>
>>144143442
well L already narrowed down the search to Lights town and down to Raye Penber's list. it'd take literally an afternoon to lock light up.
>>
>>144140975
Then Light was evil, because he broke the law. He would've been sentenced to death if he had been put on trial.
>>
>>144143519
>well L already narrowed down the search to Lights town and down to Raye Penber's list.

He wouldn't have been able to do that if Light had already...done nothing.
>>
>>144143513
but he already knew his location. getting the death note plus that, Light would be fucked.
>>
>>144143559
>if Light had already...done nothing
this is changing the rules with the show if Light did nothing it'd go against Light's established character.
>>
>>144143497
What makes them think Light wasn't meant to win?

He was in a much more advantage situation and support from the shinigami's
>>
>>144143617
We are criticizing Light's character. That's what we're doing right now.
>>
>>144143626
Light was spiraling out of control, and had already begun spinning his activities off into a weird murder cult. There was no way for him to win in the long run.
>>
>>144143626
I'd say "what makes you think Light was meant to win", but I know you'll just respond with some barely intelligible gibberish about how L lost and that proves Light was always going to win.

You're too stupid to talk to.
>>
>>144143626
He was published in Shonnen Jump. Light had to lose at the end, or be reformed. He couldn't kill people and keep getting away with it.

It's like in Reversi from Bakuman, from the same author.
>>
File: 1451951011963.png (78KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451951011963.png
78KB, 200x300px
hey i cant wait to have a civil discussion about ethics and morality on 4chan
>>
>>144141487
kek
>>
>>144143042
Why against drug dealers though?
He could kill corrupt politicians first if he really wanted to fix everything.
>>
Let's be real, if Light never got eager and greedy killing fake L he would've been uncatchable.
>>
>>144143706
>>144143735
Talking about him beating L.

>>144143721
Go be retarded elsewhere.
>>
>>144143569
Refer to this post
>>144142897

This was assuming Light did nothing from the beginning.
>>
>>144140393
By Light's own admission very early on in the series, he's evil.
>>
>>144143804
True then it would be just him killing off fags for 100+ chapters without getting caught

There should be a VN of this shit. Way too many choices and options Light had.
>>
Light was always meant to beat L but he was always going to die at the end. Ryuk told him that in like the 5th chapter. When it was all done Ryuk was gonna kill him. The original ending was probably Light killing L then Ryuk killing Light soon after instead of much later after the Near stuff.
>>
File: meme.jpg (150KB, 600x710px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
150KB, 600x710px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNqQ7N5aAM
>>
>>144143983
>The original ending was probably Light killing L then Ryuk killing Light soon after instead of much later after the Near stuff.

This.

Imagine.

Light Celebrating that he beat L after ages just to die soon after.

Would have been hilarious.
>>
>>144143109
L should've had a bomb vest that detonated upon death. He knew that Kira was close to him physically. The others would surely have died if L lost anyway, become more monstrous than the monster you're trying to kill.
>>
File: 1460063966029.jpg (49KB, 410x380px) Image search: [Google]
1460063966029.jpg
49KB, 410x380px
>Years later
>Lightfags are STILL salty
>>
>>144144064
L wouldn't kill the people that worked with him all this time.

Would have been out of character
>>
>>144142523
>wage gap

Back to tumblr with you
>>
>>144144234
But he would've known that they would die anyway, since once L died Kira would have no real mental opponent but would want to cover his tracks by killing those involved. It's a cold calculating decision, very L-like.
>>
>>144144053
Probably would have been screaming and crying about how he needed to live to rule his brand new perfect world.
>>
>>144142713
The way he trusted the Kira fanatic to do his work for him was out of character and seemed like an asspull to end the story.
>>
>>144141487
I AM WARNING YOU, JAVERT
>>
>>144144213
I know, its glorious
>>
Enough shitposting

Kira theme or L theme?
>>
>>144144343
It wasn't way out of character. Didn't he use the girl to kill people too?

Sorry I don't remember her name it was long ago I watched DN
>>
File: 40258094_p0.jpg (509KB, 1019x680px) Image search: [Google]
40258094_p0.jpg
509KB, 1019x680px
remember Mello and how they completely wasted the character that even the writers knew they fucked up?
>>
>>144144416
L theme
>>
>>144144430
The way he entrusted his life in somebody else was not in his character. His bottom line was self preservation.
>>
>>144144305
Come on, do you really see L bombing himself?
>>
>>144144430
misa, news cast lady, delete man, and raye penber. are the people he used to use his death not
>>
How much better would Death Note had been if Light and everyone else was female?
>>
>>144144430
>Didn't he use the girl to kill people too?

He never trusted her completely and was manipulating the fuck out of her. You can see how he never cared when she said she forgot L's name because he knows relying on people like her 100% isn't worth it.
>>
>>144144551
Women mess up things. They would fuck up like Misa very quickly.
>>
>>144138561
Because a person can't decide the fate of another person. It's hard to tell what deserves death and what doesn't. It's necessary to have many knowledge and have lived a lot for deciding the fate of a person. I personally think that Light was doing good, but not everyone can do that. its the position of a superjudge.
>>
File: Adachi.png (209KB, 554x838px) Image search: [Google]
Adachi.png
209KB, 554x838px
What if adachi had a death note?
>>
>>144143773
4chan is literally one of the better places on the internet to have that discussion.

Go try to discuss morality on twitter, fucking facebook, reddit or whatever.
>>
>>144144760
Fuck around with it for a bit then get caught by a detective who isn't shit.
>>
>>144141496
>Light wasn't smart
Light was very smart, he just wasn't wise.
>>
File: 1467998325039.png (678KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467998325039.png
678KB, 600x640px
>>144144760
>a world without whores
Such a paradise won't exist even in fiction.
>>
File: 1465678700138.jpg (743KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1465678700138.jpg
743KB, 1126x1091px
>>144141496

Why're you projecting so hard
>>
L kills non criminals all the time

Villain
>>
File: 14.jpg (330KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
330KB, 1280x1810px
>literally kill all black people in North America
>crime rates drop by 80%
>hate crimes, gun violence, and rape practically disappear overnight
>school grades and literacy go up 50%
>white, asian, and hispanic children play in the streets anytime they want
>you would be considered a villain if you wanted this

Why?
>>
File: 1437028789216.jpg (90KB, 1300x678px) Image search: [Google]
1437028789216.jpg
90KB, 1300x678px
How would you dick around if you had a Death Note /a/

I would make the chads shoot up schools if I had a desu note desu
>>
Am I the only one who likes Near?
>>
>>144147078
No,i always like him.
>>
File: 1463576770857.png (322KB, 545x700px) Image search: [Google]
1463576770857.png
322KB, 545x700px
>>144142774

jesus christ /pol/ and /v/ have collectively fucking ruined everything decent about this site

i'm literally voting for hillary to stop the trump memes and i hate the bitch
>>
>>144147078
>>144147133
How can you like him over L character wise?

Mello was the better bro.
>>
>>144144767

low fucking bar

the places that /pol/ hasn't totally conquered (/lit/, /his/) are decent for serious discussion at least
>>
>>144147311
I never said i liked him more than L.
>>
>>144147212
kys omar
>>
>>144138561
Muh religious sensitivities
>>
>>144138561
Because #BlackLivesMatter you distusting racist
>>
>>144138561

Not again Kira. Just go away. Don't you have to kill L or something? jeez, stop trying to reaffirm your self esteem and push your values on the internet. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>144147212
how about you do not vote at all and kys?
>>
>>144147416
If you liked L over him how can you possibly like that 2.0 copy of him?
>>
>>144144261
Perhaps I was unclear. I am not talking about amount earned between men and women as that is not the case (the 33% wage gap thing is a useless statistic that is explained via job lucrativeness that men and women respectively choose as well as pregnancy leave). I was referring to income inequality in generality.
>>
>>144147597
Why i can't?
Also,I don't find near to be a exact copy of L.
He was a lot less friendly and more robotic and i personally find that kind of interesting.
>>
>>144144760
He would try to bang whores and get caught quickly because his aim was to bang whores and nothing more.
>>
>>144147753
He also had a cool design.
>>
>>144146945
I'd assume it was fake and write my name to verify that.
>>
>>144138561
Death Note and Kira became a crutch of "justice"
Once Kira dies of old age he will leave a vacant seat of power and the whole nation will erupt with violence that has been repressed for decades.
It would be like me masturbating after 30 years and releasing 6 bottles worth of jizz
>>
>>144140975
Law and Order sound plays DUNDUNDUN
>>
File: 38816604_p2.jpg (234KB, 600x843px) Image search: [Google]
38816604_p2.jpg
234KB, 600x843px
>>144147078
I love near. He's my favorite character in DN
>>144147311
Well for me I liked him more just because of how weird he is. I love the childish style of him. When he's doing his work he's playing with toys. and that one scene where he makes Rester come back to New York because he doesn't want to ride the air plane to Japan alone. Stuff like that.

He's a lot like L in his mannerisms too so he's kinda L-ish to begin with
>>
>>144138561
>crime rates drop by 70%
that's not how justice works
>>
>>144147311
He's a sperg so he reminds me of myself
>>
>>144147941
Its a world where death gods exist... they are really easy to trick.

He has knowledge on a weakness they aren't prepared to fight. I bet with enough planning he could gather 1,000 years from one of them self sacrificing.

Additionally theres nothing to suggest he couldn't become a death god or at least obtain their power.
>>
>>144138561
>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught
>Still get caught

Japanese """"""writers"""""" have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever.
>>
>>144148136
All he did was make a few major fuck ups.. Anyone could have made them.

Especially a highschooler whose way too arrogant about his intelligence.
>>
Light stopped giving a shit about justice very early on. All he cared about was being some godlike figure, by killing anyone who broke the law.

Hell, had he actually cared about justice, even a bit, he would have got the eyes. But no, he thought himself above that, and had a pair of retards get the eyes instead.
>>
>>144148136
You have to be the dumbest motherfucker ever.
>>
>>144138561
At first he did good, but he over did it by time when he started to kill innocent people who were in his way. He also confirmed he wanted to kill the old, the sick or the NEETs because they aren't useful for society.
The he fucked up when he felt into L's trap with the fake L in the TV. He just killed him because "I disagree with you Kira". That's fucking wrong mate. I put himself above his own laws and lost his integrity this way.
>>
Because murder is murder, no matter what.
Power simply makes might, not right.
>>
It's a very simple matter of morality and in his case his actions are incredibly immoral.

If you believe in a free society for the people by the people in which no one is above or makes the law then you cannot justify or condone his actions.
>>
>>144149502
His end scenario was also dystopian as fuck.
>>
>>144149622
Literally totalitarian dictatorship. And those always work out wonderfully for everyone involved.
>>
>>144138561
he became the evil he sought to destroy
>>
>not wanting to be ruled by a benevolent dictator

As long as you are not a criminal garbage, you're not going to get killed by Light.

Only niggers and other trash of humanity will get killed.
>>
>>144150102
>actually thinking this
>>
>>144138561
Too many countries ban death penalties
>>
>>144150102
5/10
Nearly bit
>>
>>144150102
You could say the same about NSA, but people will still push for
>muh privacy

As long as you have nothing to hide, you're not going to get pulled in by the NSA.

Only terrorists and other criminals of humanity will be.
>>
>>144149140
Anyone who is in the way of God isn't innocent anyways. Think about the greater good, not some random fucker who died.
>>
>>144150102

Blow your brains and do your poor parents a favour. Morons like you don't deserve to breath.

No seriously do it. Like I think everyone in your life can breath easy knowing a failure like you finally bit the dust.
>>
>>144148043
>tfw Justice keeps the crime rate up so Justice can exist at all
Digusting
>>
>>144146092
Who's the ones considering you a villain though? A minority, I bet. Who cares about them?
>>
>>144143042
This guy gets it, holy shit. I can't believe some people are against this. Defending druggies? Absolutely insane this world. They'll defend anything.
>>
>>144142774
>the people who agree with this say nothing
Fabulous
>>
Edgier than bismuth.
>>
>>144140885
That's literally what the government does though.
>>
>>144152600

No it doesn't you idiot.

What was your gpa in high school?
>>
>>144152645
>get a report that a guy is bad
>fly a drone over his house and kill him
>not what they do
Okay, anon.
>>
>>144152705

So I was right, you are a failure.
>>
>>144138561

Moralfaggotry. It's like saying you can't kill a single terrorist if there's even a 0.000000000001% chance a civilian will die.
>>
>>144141567
>>144141633

Light was a psychopath at his core and most psychopaths are pretty arrogant and easily b8ed since they think they're invincible. Obviously it would have been smart not to fall for L's tricks but at that point it was just a matter of ego more than ideals.

It was never about ideals for Light really. It may have been at one point but it's clear he just got off to playing God and winning cat and mouse games of death. If not for the notebook he probably would have eventually started killing people one time or another.
>>
>>144154580
>Light was a psychopath at his core
He wasn't. that was the point when he lost his memories, I think.
We saw Light could be someone who could pursue justice relentlessly and was a decent person overall.

The whole point of the Death Note was that Light was completely corrupted by being given a power a human being shouldn't have.
>>
>>144154832
i remember near the end of Yotsuba arc Light was agreeing with "Kira's" ways.
>>
>>144154832

It was left pretty ambiguous actually, at times he had doubts whether he was Kira or not. Somewhere deep down he had feelings like that. But I concede that, given that type of power, people's psychology would change drastically. I suppose it's fair to say that he had those sorts of feelings and ideals a little bit but the Deathnote simply dragged out what was already there and enhanced it or gave him actual power to carry it out.
>>
>>144139652
>He also killed people who were yet to have been proven guilty.
They don't exist in Death Note world. It's written by Japanese, remember?
>>144141661
>corrupt politicians and white collar criminals
They don't exist in Death Note world. It's written by Japanese, remember?
>>144142523
>People often don't commit crime for the sake of committing crime.
In a world of Death Note they do. It's written by Japanese, remember?
>>144140903
>Who says that law is the absolute definition of good and evil?
The Japanese.

I wish people who can't use Occam's razor slit their throats with it.
>>
>>144140393
A perfect and just God would define good and evil, you idiot.
>>144156176
>occams razor is right becuz i sed so
>>
>>144140135
/thread
>>
>>144143773
You can say what you want about the state of having higher-end discussions on 4chan, but saying it is not comparatively the best place on the web to engage in them is simply ignorance of how intellectual discussion usually goes on throughout most of the web.
>>
>>144156176
>>144156318

Sadly, Anon is right. Ever played the Ace Attorney series? That's not much of an exaggeration, of Japanese justice save the part that innocent people get let free.

Japan is that fucked up.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.