[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a character who's complexity was more wasted than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 724700440781904918148645476.jpg (108KB, 728x1095px) Image search: [Google]
724700440781904918148645476.jpg
108KB, 728x1095px
Is there a character who's complexity was more wasted than Farnese (and by extension Serpico)? She's literally not half the character she was in her origin stories and overall much less interesting than she was during her time as a villain.
>>
>>143625042
This happens a lot with Manga and Anime, where someone's origins have room for so much depth and room to explore complexities but it is wasted. It's added to give the illusion of complexity where it is so clearly lacking.
>>
Her "crazy bitch aroused by fire" character was great

she lost most of it after she joined up with Guts. In terms of relevance she's also fallen by the wayside, not much a regular human can do vs. Godhand
>>
Honestly all the character in Guts party(except Casca) feel like obligatory shonen archetypes.

The original Band of Hawks were way more developed than Guts new crew.
>>
>>143625218
I don't want her to be some pyromaniac. The character I liked was from the two origin story chapters. Serpico has some remnants of that, but she is pretty much lost.
>>
File: Berserk_v23_p089.png (240KB, 1227x781px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v23_p089.png
240KB, 1227x781px
What's the matter, not a fan of character development?
>>
>>143625042

she wanted daddys attention and did crazy shit when she didn't get it.

Now she's want Guts attention but isn't getting as much as she'd like. She is a time bomb just wait for it.

Of all the characters in the main party, Guts seems most distant toward her.
>>
>mangafox
>>
>>143625424
Fuck this I hated that hair cut
>>
File: 1324307635817.jpg (27KB, 370x206px) Image search: [Google]
1324307635817.jpg
27KB, 370x206px
She had more struggles with herself as a person before she joined Guts' party. Since she was given a role I think it would've been more strange if her issues didn't settle and she became more stable, and as a consequence, less interesting.
I do want to see her emotions for Serpico flare up though.
>>
>>143625042
I agree and all, but you could say that about the whole manga. The real qestion is "Is there a manga whose complexity was more wasted than Berserk?"
How can the mind of an author regress so much? Someone should study this phenomenon.
>>
>mangafox
>>
>>143625444
>Now she's want Guts attention
Not really.
>>
I think it might gonna be interesting if Casca gets healed again. Her role in the party was always to be Casca's bodyguard, it gave her a purpose she could get behind (compared to the church stuff). Thus she has less internal struggle. But once Casca gets healed, she needs to re-assess her role. Especially since she seems to have a thing for Guts, which depending on how Casca acts once healed, might be in vain.
Since Guts got his party together the roles have been pretty stable but that is most likely about to get shaken up. It's gonna be interesting how Miura handles it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.