[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there people that unironically like this show? just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: lain.jpg (183KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
lain.jpg
183KB, 550x367px
are there people that unironically like this show? just finished watching it, and imo it was just monotonous and obtuse throughout.
>>
dude power lines lmao
>>
Watch it again.
>>
There is no plot.

She just moves from one unconnected event to the other.

>inb4 2deep4u dude!
>>
>>143468760
>too retarded to understand a shows plot
>lol, guess there is none
>>
And you don't seem to understand.
>>
>>143468698
i understood it, that's not my issue

>>143468760
that's my major issue; it feels like they used the last two episodes of NGE as a style guide for the whole series, so it's 15% dialogue, 15% things happening, 60% stock footage/still images

>>143468829
it's not complicated; lain is eiri+knights' program, meant to break the walls between the wired and RL. i get it. it's not compelling, and it's material that's been covered more thoroughly and in more interesting ways by other anime
>>
>>143468940
>something is weird and psychological
>IT'S LIKE NGE
Every fucking time.
>>
>>143468940
>covered more thoroughly and in more interesting ways by other anime
Like?
>>
>>143468940
>i understood it, that's not my issue
> lain is eiri+knights' program, meant to break the walls between the wired and RL.

That's like saying you understood NGE by saying "Aliens try to destroy the world, Shinji is one of three teenagers takesd to stop them".

Shows/books/watever are understood not because of the most simple interpretation of the plot, but understanding the themes.
>>
>>143468940
>that's my major issue; it feels like they used the last two episodes of NGE as a style guide for the whole series, so it's 15% dialogue, 15% things happening, 60% stock footage/still images
Nigger, NGE did not invent the wheel, and if you aren't enjoying the slow burn then you're doing it wrong.
>it's material that's been covered more thoroughly and in more interesting ways by other anime
What.
>>
>>143468977
>stylistically

>>143468992
GitS (films and series), steins;gate, the big o for some of the technological impact/intentions vs consequences/unreliable memory-unclear origin stuff, NGE and koe no katachi for interpersonal relationships/how you present vs how you perceive yourself. i'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head, those are the most obvious

>>143469086
no, it's like saying i understood NGE by saying "a relatively realistic teenager gets pushed into literally acting as the world's last hope by his shit dad, and alternates between crumbling under the pressure and finding that he enjoys the attention/friendship he gains because of his role"

i get that lain is about interconectedness (both personal and technological), memory, and how much of "you" is the meat you inhabit and how much is the electrical storm whipping around inside said meat.

>>143469108
i hated how ploddingly slow the show was; i'm not asking for NON-STOP MAXIMUM CLIMAX ACTION, but lain was super slow and sedating.
>>
>>143469445
Iunno man, sounds like you're just stating your opinions instead of arguing.
>>
>>143469445
You're unable to appreciate the narrative rhizomic structure of the show. Lain is slow because it deals with many things, even if those things may not be obvious to some. Plus it's only 13 episodes.

Heck, you said you understood that Lain deals with so and so. And the things you listed (and that's not even all of them) are much more (in quantity and intrinsic quality) than the things you listed in NGE.

At this point, you're just trolling or being too stupid to connect the dots.
>>
>>143469445>>143469445
>GitS (films and series), steins;gate, the big o for some of the technological impact/intentions vs consequences/unreliable memory-unclear origin stuff, NGE and koe no katachi for interpersonal relationships/how you present vs how you perceive yourself. i'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head, those are the most obvious
None of these cover the material you described or are really that similar to Lain in the first place, and did you seriously just fucking say that Koe no Katachi covered interpersonal relationships well?
>>
>>143469086
>That's like saying you understood NGE by saying "Aliens try to destroy the world, Shinji is one of three teenagers takesd to stop them".

Well that does pretty much sum up NGE.

And please don't pass off the psychology 101 "themes" as being anything deep or insightful. They're about as deep as the average facebook post.
>>
>>143469445
Jesus Christ, this is why I usually stay away from Lain threads. You aren't supposed to post for your first few years, newfag.
>>
>>143469542
that's true, i guess, but it's not like i'm alone in that respect

>>143469556
i'm not unable to appreciate it, i just don't care for it; haruhi in broadcast order is a good example of a rhizomic narractive. lain just doesn't really have much of a narrative to speak of.

not trying to say NGE did everything better than lain; said i thought it better explored some of the personal-relationship stuff.

>>143469624
i guess KnK is more "personal development and growth" rather than interpersonal, but yeah, i thought it also explored some interpersonal-relationship stuff well

i said that those series cover different things, too; i like GitS more overall, but it definitely neglects its characters' relationships and growth than does lain.

>>143469680
literally wasted a decade of my life on here
>>
>>143468057
Have to agree. Some nice scenes and concepts, great artwork, but I wouldn't watch it a second time. The bad stuff outweighs the good.
>>
>>143469940
>literally wasted a decade of my life on here
Took you 10 years to finally watch Lain?
I don't think you have your priorities straight.
>>
File: lain (3).png (3MB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lain (3).png
3MB, 1520x1080px
You don't seem to understand.
>>
>>143469940
>literally wasted a decade of my life on here
On /b/, maybe. You clearly haven't been on /a/ regularly for more than a month.
>>
>>143471031
Why? Because he doesnt agree with you?
>>
>>143468057
>are there people that unironically like this show?
Yes, me.
>just finished watching it, and imo it was just monotonous and obtuse throughout.
It's one of the most immersive anime experiences I've had.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.