[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In 2017 Gurren Lagann will be an anime people have talked about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: kamina.png (597KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kamina.png
597KB, 1600x900px
In 2017 Gurren Lagann will be an anime people have talked about for 10 years from then

Has your favorite series stood the test of time?
>>
>>142910942
Being talked about a decade later isn't any measure of quality.

If that's all it takes to "stand the test of time" plenty of bad anime meet those criteria.
>>
>>142911057
Maybe not quality, but at least popularity.
>>
>>142911057
wrong

Name a single bad anime that is still talked about 10 years later.
>>
File: neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>142910942
Of course.
>>142911057
>quality
OP hasn't mentioned that specifically. "Favourite" implies subjective criticism and bias, and not objective quality, so it's safe to assume it's referring to simply what one likes.
>>
>>142911136
evangelion
>>
>>142911161
>lowercase
>no period
>not "Eva"
Good job outing yourself.
>>
>>142911136
OP already did that though. Well next year anyway.

Code Geass turns 10 this year and it's still talked about. The School days TVA will turn 10 next year too.
>>
File: 1455401785647.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1455401785647.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>142910942

>Gurren Lagann was almost 10 years ago

Fucking shit. I feel old.
>>
File: Gurren-lagann-summary.jpg (176KB, 386x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Gurren-lagann-summary.jpg
176KB, 386x1400px
>>
>>142911239
>OP already did that though. Well next year anyway.

Nice meme
>>
>>142911136
master of martial hearts is pushing 8 years
>>
>>142911320
>>142911239
CG is good tho

nobody is talking about school days any more

never even heard of that martial hearts shit
>>
>>142911344
It is The Room of anime
>>
I don't know why but, I absolutely refuse to watch Gurren Lagann. I remember being in middle school everyone talking about it.
>Me: I should go watch that
>open animefreak.tv click on Gurren Lagann
>See two seconds. Pause it. and have this thought.
> I won't watch this because
To this day I still haven't seen it
>>
>>142911441
Its really not that great. First half is good, thematically interesting despite the plot holes, but the second half post timeskip is pure self-insert garbage.
>>
>>142911539
What plot holes are those?

>pure self-insert garbage

???
>>
>>142911607
Lagann moving on its own, Simon knowing how a drill works underwater despite living underground all his life, Kamina being the first person to even consider using the enemy's mecha against them.

Post timeskip has Rossiu suddenly becoming a retard, Gurren Lagann literally teleporting, and then nothing but Simon dealing with threats left and right by himself, and the only time any other character is remotely useful is when they die. Simon doesn't even have a personality anymore, and didn't have any development to support his character in the second half.
>>
>>142911441
Well you are just dumb, people still talk about it 10 years later because its good, its like refusing to read The Lord of the Rings because its popular, I do however understand you a little bit, been watching anime since 2001 and I still havent watched Evangelion.
>>
Does Oreimo count?
>>
>>142911882

No. People talk about it 10 years later because everything else by Trigger has been shit and it's probably the only relatively 'recent' gar mech anime that doesn't feel out of place.

In the 90s, Gurren Lagaan would have been swept under the tide of other mecha and gar shit at the time. in the 00s, It was the sole bastion of fun in an age of waifu shit.

I enjoy it as much as the next guy but 'good' means it's better than the rest but there's plenty of other good shit out there that is better in general from early on.

It's literally just the only gar anime most people watched, especially on /a/.
>>
File: 1423118327232.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1423118327232.gif
2MB, 500x281px
My favorite anime influenced the industry. Its going to be talked about 30 years from now.
>>
>>142911767
u watched ttgl wrong anon
>>
>>142910942
yea, TTGL is my favorite anime ever
>>
I haven't even watched it since it aired 10 years ago. When I watched it weekly along with /a/.

Fuck me.
>>
>>142912063
>hurr durr you just don't get it
If you don't have an argument fuck off.
>>
People still talk about it 10 years later because its literally the best anime ever made.
>>
>>142911136
SEED Destiny
>>
just finished watching gurren lagann for the second time, fuck so many epic feels. felt super depressed when I started, great all the way through and super depressed when it ended. fuck. Need more awesome anime to get me out of this funk.
>>
>>142911767

It's a kid's show. Everything in any anime is an excuse for characters and world building consistency is always an afterthought.

Lagann is sentient through the emotion of the situation. Don't need to look into it any farther than that.

Whether water exists underground is not important to the plot.

No one knows if Kamina was the first, maybe others tried and failed (doesn't matter because it's not important to the plot).

Rossiu is logical but fuck logic because that's not what the show is about.

GL teleporting through will power is cool.

Simon is who matters.

Simon is more likable after the timeskip, first third he's whiny and unsure of himself, second third he's a mary sue that's suddenly sure of himself because of an abrupt epiphany.

Post timeskip is absolutely better, it introduces some light scifi to explain things but none of that matters because muh hot-blooded determination do the impossible see the invisible.
>>
>>142912771
You've completely missed the point. One of the main themes of the show is that logic actually doesn't matter. The determination to win alone is all you need in order to win.
>>
>>142912926
This is what makes it so special for me, its not the general setting, its obviously not the fucking mechas, its that simple idea, pure power of will, they literally state this several times through the show, "Kick logic and do the impossible".
I know it may seem kind of cliched but it feels completly different in TTGL, shit I would even call it its own gender since no other anime even comes close to that feeling.
>>
>>142910942
No because JoJo got animated, so it now sits on the #2 slot.
>>
>>142910942
Yes deffinatly
>>
>>142911956
Only other one I can think of was GGG, which hands down beat it.
Mazinkaiser_SKL was pretty damn fun also, but too short.

I tried some other brave series, but hard to find subs, and they actually got too dated for me to keep up with.

What are all the other 90s GAR shows then?
>>
>>142914376
G Gundam
>>
>>142911136
DEEN Stay/Night
>>
>>142915553
Okay, I forgot about that one.
I didn't think it was as fun as GGG, not far behind TTGL IMO.
Still not that many.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.