[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come every anime school has this as their school bell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (91KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 800x601px
How come every anime school has this as their school bell?

http://youtu.be/OuMfyndwARQ
>>
>>142647722
Animal Crossing has it too, it's just so it's easier to self-insert into re-living the best-time (TM) of their life.
>>
>>142647722
It's not just Japan; it's ubiquitous throughout East Asia.
>>
>>142647722
All the public schools in Japan are built with the same design, including the bell. That's why every school in anime looks the same.
>>
>>142647722
Asian governments are westaboo, hence the Westminster Chimes.
>>
Meh,
Living in London and having to hear that shit every day.
>>
File: clone.gif (280KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
clone.gif
280KB, 500x383px
>>142650722
is high school really the best time of life for japanese people?

i mean what makes a japanese highschool different from any western highschool

most western media shows highschool as a living hell full of drama insecurities and consfused emotions

while japanese media makes it look like a very happy place where everyone is happy and friendly
>>
>>142651610
Are you kidding? Japan loves its edgy melodramatic bullying stories where bullies can rape and kill people in the middle of class and everyone ignores it or blames the victim.
>>
>>142651379
Same at my uni. I quite like it though, it's very British
London is a shithole though, have fun there

>>142651610
>>142651941
It's kinda both really, you either get extremely cute drama/SoL where everyone is nice and cheerful or something like Trash.
>>
>>142651331

>Westminster Chimes

Well I finally know what this shit is called.

>In the mid-19th century the chime was adopted by the clock tower at the Palace of Westminster (where Big Ben hangs), whence its fame spread. It is now possibly the most commonly used chime for striking clocks.

Cool.
>>
>>142651610

it's a grass is greener thing, looking nostalgically at youth. anime is fantastical and truth is many (from what I've heard) hate middle and high school for the extraordinary amount of pressure and workload to succeed.

remember "communicating" with japanese kids through pokemon platinum wifi plaza and when asking a question that was something like "what is on your mind or most worrisome" the response was always "school I guess..."
>>
>>142652199
Don't know where you live but here in Britain it's everywhere.
We have clock towers at churches, town halls and universities and all of them do that chime
Sometimes you hear it on the radio too
>>
>>142652503

I live in America, I only got to hear those chimes with relative frequency while in college. The senior gift from one of the earlier years was a bell that was hidden in the student union building somewhere. While the hour markers were the classic version, the noontime chime was the school anthem.

I think these things only in a few college towns and some other similarly sized towns, making them pretty rare when you consider the sheer size of the United States.
>>
>>142651610
Probably school life has changed a lot nowadays. I don't want to talk about my own past, but let's say if you had a relatively fun and exciting school life is only natural to look back at it with nostalgia.
Also, just because some people is stupid and never experienced any event it doesn't mean highschool life is something bad.
>>
>>142651610
College is indistinguishable from work (most people live at home or live alone off-campus and commute), and many people don't enjoy their jobs all that much, so they look back to high school as a time when they got to spend all day with their friends.
Bullying aside, there's also a sense that the only thing that society cares about (grades) is totally in your control, as opposed to the adult world, where life isn't fair or controllable.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.