[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make cool as fuck premise for a story >don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1443626383572.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1443626383572.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>make cool as fuck premise for a story
>don't know how to conclude it

Why are all Japanese ""writers"" so shit?
>>
File: lionel.jpg (203KB, 1300x975px) Image search: [Google]
lionel.jpg
203KB, 1300x975px
>>142112249
Because it has to turn into harem self insert fantasy or insta flop.
>>
Coming up with an interesting story and world to go along with it is easy
Actually finding an ending to it is impossible at times
>>
>>142112249
2 nukes.
>>
>>142112249
it's hard to balance something that will make me money and making something that i truly want while suffering from the fact that i'll have use my skills and time for nothing other than to give others a message for them to listen to
>>
>>142112249
watched one too many Hollywood movies, the peak of western culture.
>>
File: 123543635.png (320KB, 593x555px) Image search: [Google]
123543635.png
320KB, 593x555px
>make interesting new world and characters
>3 chapters in, it becomes generic as fuck and just like 10 million other stories
shouldn't be allowed
>>
>>142112249
>"" ""
sage
>>
File: 1454238879691.png (263KB, 660x627px) Image search: [Google]
1454238879691.png
263KB, 660x627px
>>142112249
you forgot
>intresting characters.
>tries to be different.
>managed to fuck up the writing and became too pretenious
>>
>>142114439
Sage is not a downvote faggot
>>
>>142112249
Shitty endings are unfortunately common in the West, as well. It's hardly something specific to Japan.
>>
>>142114735
Jokes on you, I didn't even actually sage
>>
Was it always like this? When I first started watching anime in the late 90s, it felt like most series had a defined beginning middle and end. That was one of the things that really attracted me to anime in the first place, since I was getting tired of series that I really enjoyed getting cancelled right in the middle.

Now it feels like every time I find a series I enjoy, it's based off a light novel or ongoing manga. 24 episodes go by, turns out it covered one or two volumes out of seventeen and another season is never coming. Even super popular series that do extremely well seem to rarely get more than a second season at best. Just look at Index and Attack on Titan.
>>
The most popular western big budget hollywood films have terrible endings as well, and don't even deliver interesting premises or characters like anime does.
>>
>>142115082
>24
Try 12 and I agree
>>
>>142112249
Because this is how japs approach story telling

The care far more about conveying emotion than making any sort of sense. Often they don't have even the most basic of formal training in literary technique. They tend to focus on characters at the expense of story even in universes with rules completely different from our own. Said rules are made convoluted by evolving from contrived situations surrounding the character's development (see: lain). They world build without a goal in mind.

They don't know how to conclude it because from the beginning they don't know what they're writing about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo
>>
>>142116483
That's really funny considering anime and manga are probably the biggest form of media to rely on ready-made character archetypes. If you're central message is that writers focus on characters and emotion, what's left when you realize even that isn't true in the modern industry?
>>
>>142114966

>being so new that he can't remember the good old times of saging being visible
>>
>>142117560
Who are you quoting? The exact reason I don't sage anymore is because it isn't anymore a passive aggressive statement, you retard.
>>
>>142112249
>""x""
>>142112326
>3DPD
Fuck off to >>>/v/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.