[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most technically impressive anime ever made? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

What are the most technically impressive anime ever made? I mean in terms of the actual effort, technique and talent that went into making them.
>>
The Rose of Versailles was really ahead of its time.
>>
File: 1452921335684.jpg (2MB, 1980x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1452921335684.jpg
2MB, 1980x2500px
Sora no Woto was very well researched, with a bunch of real life scenery and history brought in. Not the most technical show, but an impressive amount of effort went in.
>>
SEVEN
>>
>>142030801
/a/ should make one
>>
>>142031218
>>
>>142030801
Hibike Euphonium
>>
File: cool.png (19KB, 1008x614px) Image search: [Google]
cool.png
19KB, 1008x614px
>>142031250
ok I draw the protagonist :)
>>
>>142031416
Yeah, that's good. That's a good start.
>>
File: guy.png (18KB, 1008x614px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
18KB, 1008x614px
>>142031416
>>
>>142031896
needs fingerless gloves
>>
OP asks what the most technically impressive is.

>People talk about the story or writing in this

>it's called anime, as in animation

The most technically impressive things were the movies and OVAs starting at the 80s and ending in the mid 90s. This was the golden age. What you you posted in your OP is standard for this sort of stuff.

I'll give you an example of some random no name OVA specifically to make a point. In Lock The Superman: Millennium witch there is a scene where the hero falls into an illusion. The "illusion" is made by mixing several different chemicals in a glass container, filming it, cutting out layers from the animation and lining up cells of the liquid video with the animation layers. In addition a new layer would have to be added to make the liquid video's not stand out with the paintstrokes of 2d. This was done without the aid of computers and would have taken fucking forever to do as each frame would need to be done individually.

There are several such scenes in the movie (for example later do the same trick with some real fire).

The results are a 1984 movie with scenes looking better than stuff done today, all without computers, all by hand.

And Lock the Superman is a mediocre project by the Golden Age standards.

What many would consider the most ambitious project of the Golden Age was Akira which took 10 studios cooperating together, the background scenes are better than most anime's foreground scenes.
>>
File: friend.png (6KB, 324x343px) Image search: [Google]
friend.png
6KB, 324x343px
>>142031416
>>142031896

I think this guy could be the sidekick.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.