[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a thread dedicated to Taiyo Matsumoto. What&

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tekkonkinkreet-cover.jpg (123KB, 295x420px) Image search: [Google]
tekkonkinkreet-cover.jpg
123KB, 295x420px
Let's have a thread dedicated to Taiyo Matsumoto. What's the best manga he's ever worked on? What do you like about his work?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10295741
>>
>>141933525
No. 5 is his best work, followed by Takemitsu Zamurai.
>>
>>141933525
For me it goes something like this:
GoGo Monster > Takemitsu Zamurai > Ping Pong. Bu I like all of his manga except for Hanaotoko which I found very weak. Still haven't read Carib Song and Sunny. Hopefully, I'll get to it eventually.
>>
Takemitsu zamurai is definitely his best. I want to read sunny, but no scans
>>
>>141933525
Anyone agree that his style does not translate well to animation? I have not seen Tekkonkinkreet but I couldn't handle Ping Pong.
>>
>>141934897
I love the way PP looks, but I'm way more iffy on TK, even if I think some scenes look really good.
>>
>>141934575
It's on Madokami
>>
Best manga? Can't really say that with his latest manga still in the works. I've read a few volumes Sunny already and it's pretty interesting.

>>141934575
That's false, as the other guy has pointed out. But seriously, all the volumes are at my local library. It's not impossible to get a hold of them, especially when librarians seem to like the dude.

>>141934500
That is so opposite to my perspective. I love Ping Pong the most, because it speaks the most to me. Hanaotoko is actually humorous and yet juggles the actual character conflict remarkably well. Takemitsu is just divine to look at. But to this day, I can't wrap my head around Gogo Monster. I know there's more to it than meets the eye, but it's a bit of a miss. I'm also not a fan of Blue Spring and his short stories as a whole. He's actually very good at telling a encompassing story.
>>
>>141936492
So Sunny is actually finished. I thought there was more. My mistake.

>>141934083
Number Five I thought was pretty middle of the road, at least for him, I thought, as well as Tekkonkinkreet.
>>
>>141934575
Probably because he didn't write it.
>>
>>141934897
> Anyone agree that his style does not translate well to animation?
Depends on how it's handled. Tekkon Kinkreet was very well directed movie with some nice animation bits. Ping Pong has fantastic opening by Oohira Shinya and his pals but the anime itself was mostly visually boring because Yuasa simply copied manga layouts into his storyboards. Honestly, it was his most boring work as a visual director.
>>
>>141938402
Maybe because he didn't have to be as creative with it. Kaiba and Kemonozume were originals as were most of his shorts and Tatami Galaxy was based on a book so he had to create the whole visual outlook on his own (besides the design). Mind Game was based on a manga though, but I don't know how it compares to the film.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.