[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the FUCK does anybody think this pile of shit is good. Terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: RahXephon_dvdcover3_adv.jpg (31KB, 230x320px) Image search: [Google]
RahXephon_dvdcover3_adv.jpg
31KB, 230x320px
Why the FUCK does anybody think this pile of shit is good.

Terrible fucking dialogue, trope filled side characters, cookie-cutter MC, awful op.

The only things going for it are the ED and the amazing artwork. Truly fantastic visuals.
>>
>>141106412
>Why the FUCK does anybody think this pile of shit is good.

I don't and never did. Though I wouldn't go as far as to call it a pile of shit, it is on the whole a very weak and forgettable anime.

>Terrible fucking dialogue, trope filled side characters, cookie-cutter MC, awful op.

The whole OST is horrible, if there's one thing I still remember negatively about Rahxephon it's its jarring OST.
The ED is the only piece that was done by Yoko Kanno and as such it's an exception.
>>
>>141107349
whops I meant to say the OP, I can't really remember if the ED was any good.
>>
Girls so sexy I just can't fap to them. Too respectable.
>>
Because of that one episode with the childhood friend / MC in the hotel and the giant Dolem and the blinking lights and I Love You[/Spoiler].
>>
RahXephon is kind of like Evangelion, but done right
>>
There's a lot of good in this anime but in the end it just feels like a watered down Evangelion.

It's pretty representative of Bones' works actually. Always a step behind the competition.
>>
>>141106412
When was the last time you saw a show where there was a character who is both a cake and childhood friend, OP? When has such a character ever won?

Also it's the third impact done right. He remakes the world to be with his waifu.
>>
>>141106412
Why are you baiting with a show that's barely got a fanbase anymore?

>>141107549
>fucking up spoilers on one of the best scenes in anime
Disrespectful.
>>
>>141106412
>shitting on Hemisphere
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1448305832814.png (1MB, 1864x1792px) Image search: [Google]
1448305832814.png
1MB, 1864x1792px
Better than NGE.
>>
>>141106412
Conceptually, it's good.

The execution is trash. The characters are terrible. The art is atrocious, even by early 00s standards.

It is only vaguely famous because it is "the anime that ripped off of Evangelion"
>>
>>141106412
It's Evangelion made for the people who hated Evangelion.

Watered down characters, missing the visual direction that made Evangelion so special.
>>
>>141107549
I might need to watch the whole thing again now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itOeux4ns18
>>
>>141107349
>The whole OST is horrible
so this is what being triggered feels like.
>>
>>141108230
>>141109082
>watered down Evangelion
So you guys never saw raideen, huh?
>>
File: 21249072477414.jpg (22KB, 484x348px) Image search: [Google]
21249072477414.jpg
22KB, 484x348px
I actually have the whole thing as a DVD box set I purchased back in 2004 or 2005. I really need to rewatch it.
>>
>all these eva fag tears

glorious. How's that new movie coming?
>>
A was a blatant rip of Eva. Even some of the fights were the same.

Rah just did it better
>>
>>141106412

After like I swear 5 tries I finally finished this one a couple years ago and it struck me that my initial impression of it was right and I understand why I had such a hard time getting far in it. After the first couple pretty interesting episodes it just bogs down ridiculously in the Bones cryptic as all fuck storyline and character interactions syndrome and it eventually becomes obvious that Rahxephon simply cannot be defeated like the Ideon and will always respond with equal force as is necessary to defeat the enemy Dolem. Eventually everything just comes down to one particular plot point anyway that the show is forced to dance around until the very last episode in order to give the show enough to work with.

I don't know after finally finishing it in like 2014 I just unsurprisingly didn't really like it that much in retrospect. Just not enough going on other than a whole lot of cryptic dialogue and what is ultimately an incredibly simple storyline just made needlessly convoluted by excessive Bonesiness that can be seen as recently as Kekkai Sensen
>>
>>141111341
Did you get lost on your way to a sales thread?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.