[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's another time loop anime. That'd be cool if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: weak shit.jpg (146KB, 550x496px) Image search: [Google]
weak shit.jpg
146KB, 550x496px
So it's another time loop anime. That'd be cool if I didn't already see Steins;Gate.

Or Madoka Magica.

Or Punchline.
Or Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need is Kill.
Or Tatami Galaxy.
Or Haruhi season 2.
Or that one episode of Stargate SG-1.
Or motherfucking Groundhog Day.
>>
Three reasons why this worth watching

>Characters are all likeable (even the bad ones like Elsa)
>MC dies and gets replay set events
>MC grows as person through immense suffering.
>>
OK. That makes 9. Now give us the total number of anime series, live series episodes, movies, and other medias you watched/read in the last 15 years so that we can see the percentage of time loop stuff you saw.
>>
>>140941952
>Characters are cookiecutter light novel archetypes
>same as all the other time loop shows
>MC dies due to his own stupidity every time

0/10
>>
>>140942101

As if the other shows aren't the same.

>same as all the other time loop shows

Except he dies and comes back to life with the pas t knowledge

>MC dies due to his own stupidity every time

Change in events allows for causation of a new timeline of events to occur. MC can't formulate every possible variable when tackling a problem and so it isn't his fault.
>>
>>140942240
>>Characters are cookiecutter light novel archetypes
>As if the other shows aren't the same.

Stop watching shit light novel adaptations, anon.
>>
>>140942101
As far as I've seen only the MC shows any level of autism. Though Emilia's external monologues and the villains inability to drink milk were a little retarded.
>>
>>140941952
>Characters are all likeable
Fuck no, the MC just keeps spouting the most typical LN lines one can think off, it almost comes off as satire and making fun of that type of dialogue but it doesn't change the fact that it still uses them over and over.
>MC grows as person through immense suffering
Yet to see this at all, it seems like I care more about the things MC loses than the MC himself.
>>
>>140942545
After seeing all the hype, I honestly thought that it was going to be some kind of satire on all the bullshit fantasy LN tropes. But it turned out just to be another generic LN adaptation.
>>
>>140942669
B-But it has an edgy twist to it.
>>
>>140942719
A twist that's been played out over and over (see OP). And are people really shocked by the violence? Cross Ange outdid it in that regard and that wasn't that long ago. I guess kids that watch this shit don't watch anything made before last year.
>>
>>140942719
brah stop trying to convince him, he's either a troll, in which case you're wasting your time, or he is determined to hate the show, in which case you're also wasting your time
>>
>>140942901
Are you retarded?
>>
>>140943088
The former, I see
>>
File: 1429578363461.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1429578363461.png
102KB, 746x717px
Thanks for ruining me from enjoying this anime, guys.

No really, thanks a lot.
>>
File: 1451898921103.jpg (7KB, 151x150px) Image search: [Google]
1451898921103.jpg
7KB, 151x150px
>Time loops have been done before

Yes, and? Super power high schools have been done even more than that and yet those shows are "le guilty pleasure", right?
>>
>>140943237
Listen, if you want to eat shit, don't let some bastards on the internet stop you. You eat that shit and you enjoy it!
>>
>>140943492
And that's the only thing people seem to like about the series. Everything else is light novel trash you see in everything.
>>
File: tatami.jpg (2MB, 994x1052px) Image search: [Google]
tatami.jpg
2MB, 994x1052px
>>140941890
>So it's another time loop anime. That'd be cool if I didn't already see Steins;Gate.

>Or Madoka Magica.

>Or Punchline.
>Or Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need is Kill.
>Or Re:Zero
>Or Haruhi season 2.
>Or that one episode of Stargate SG-1.
>Or motherfucking Groundhog Day.

^This is how dumb you look.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (49KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
49KB, 449x642px
>>140943628
Okay that's fine. The only reason I'm watching this show is to see how the time loops will affect things and more Jackie Chan fight scenes.

Plus, the main character is likable aside from the annoying way that he's guessing all these tropes most of the time. People say that the show is "trying" to be satirical in pointing out its tropes, but no, that's only their wishful thinking. The main character is pointing this shit out because that makes him a bit more easy to relate to. I can't believe people are trying to dig so deep into the writing like this.
>>
>>140943628
Here's some things I like about Re:Zero off of the top of my head.

>it has a great sense of pacing - knowing how long it can get away with repeating scenes before it's necessary to switch things up
>Subaru is a snarky asshole but one that invariably acts like a decent human being right at the times when he opportunities to do bad things
>solid art/sound/etc.
>the plot is brimming with potential thanks to Subaru's inability to control or even fully comprehend the nature of his save states.
>we've already heard great things from the WN readers: it sounds like the author is a total sadist, so there's potential for the anime to be a wild ride.
>focus is on psychological trauma instead of harems.
>>
>>140943954
>I can't believe people are trying to dig so deep into the writing like this.
Every time someone says 'meta' or 'derivative' I want to smack them in the throat. These people don't know how to think and latch onto buzzwords instead.
>>
File: mc ride.png (36KB, 174x213px) Image search: [Google]
mc ride.png
36KB, 174x213px
>>140943954
>Jackie Chan fight scenes

For real though, there are way better action anime that this shit.
>>
>>140944079
This is what someone sounds like when all they do is watch light novel adaptations. I'm fucking done.
>>
>>140941890
>am a sucker for time travel stories of any kind
Thanks for the recs, OP
>>
>>140941890
Yeah I hate reused plots, time to go watch japanese girls in high school.
>>
>not watching it for Emilia
>>
>>140944237
>light novel adaptations
Are you even capable of critiquing Re:Zero without using that phrase? You'd have to be extremely fucking tasteless to equate the media on which the source material was written with the quality of the anime based on it.
>>
>>140944237
Just curious, what do you watch exactly?
>>
>>140944153
but re:zero is derivative and the mc is being meta. those are perfectly accurate words to describe this show.
>>
>all these hot opinions from mad hipsters because they can't accept a fantasy LN being good
You guys are pathetic
Can't you let people enjoy the show instead of trying so hard to ruin everything to everyone by showing off how mature and jaded you are by shitting on a show you randomly decide people aren't enjoy?
Just fuck off already, you pathetic pieces of shit
>>
>>140944178
Not much better in this season.
>>
>>140944373
>those are perfectly accurate words to describe this show.
They're misleading at best.

>but re:zero is derivative
It's a synthesis of several old ideas. Derivative is a more appropriate label for something like Log Horizon.

>and the mc is being meta.
That's not what 'meta' means. You've taken the definition of the prefix 'meta-' and applied it to the definition of the adjective 'meta'. Ever since digibro made that mistake when describing Re:Zero every other fucking anon seems to have all started making that same mistake as well.

'meta-[thing]' describes that which is the emergent property of a [thing] yet not an intrinsic part of that [thing] (see: metaphysics, meta-narrative). It also means 'above', but in a metaphorical sense (see: metamorphosis). However, when you simply say 'meta' as an adjective, there is nothing after the prefix, so instead it's describing something which is 'meta-itself'.

The protagonist thinks he's in some sort of 'game-like' world, but he's not being 'meta'. He only ever refers to aspects of the 'metagame' of certain games that resemble the world he's in. If he was referring to being trapped in an anime, that would be 'meta', but he doesn't. Does that make sense to you now?
>>
Soon this thread will turn into a spoiler thread
>>
Ok.
>>
>>140941890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35dnAFiOz1k
Higurashi
Seacats
>>
Or boku dake ga inai machi
>>
>overused time leap mixed with overused "teleported into magical fantasy world" tropes
>it's somehow not shit

how did they manage this
>>
>>140941890
Haha loser, I haven't seen any of those so I can still watch and enjoy them for the first time! (Except Madoka, saw that in 2013)
>>
>>140949663
by showing off 3 great waifus off the bat: elsa, phelt, and emilia
>>
>>140942879
Anon,it's the same demographic as saofags,they're surprised by everything,it's just like talking to kids.
Don't bother
>>
>>140942429
There are only 4 LN adaptations in this season
>>
>>140941890
>OH NO THIS PLOT DEVICE HAS BEEN USED BY SOMETHING ELSE
Wow, how horrible.
>>
File: 1444498357734.jpg (26KB, 423x437px) Image search: [Google]
1444498357734.jpg
26KB, 423x437px
But it has suffering so it's mature!
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.