[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just hit episode 4 of Overlord and something isn't clear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I just hit episode 4 of Overlord and something isn't clear to me.

Do the NPCs realize they were originally game characters? They seemed to acknowledge sometime earlier that they were created by others, but it hasn't been communicated if they realize that. It's only been in the last couple episodes where Albedo says "Yggdrasil players" and the others imply they were programmed.
>>
>>140924533

Yeah, it's weird. When that part came up, I thought I'd skipped an episode or missed something.

They know that they were created by people and that Ainz was the only one that's stayed with them all this time. They know all of their original masters/creators and such. That's why they're so loyal to him and such.
>>
They don't know they were game characters. They use the same terms like "PC" and such like the players did but don't know their true meaning.
>>
>>140924533
They understand that they were specifically created, and display awareness of their time 'in the game', but lack the context to know that Yggdrasil was a literal game. To them it was reality.

You can see this in Shalltear's description of her creator. She's aware that she was a voice-actor, but doesn't understand what that specifically means, and so she interprets it through her own perception of what a Supreme Being would be talking about.
>>
>>140924915

So did Albedo know Ainz modified her character script before he admitted it to her?
>>
I think they also know that the guild members had a higher reality than Yggdrasi.
>>
>>140925023
She didn't appeared to know, and it's unlikely she would lie about it, specially when it's something it can be used to her avantage.
>>
>>140925023
Hard to say for sure, there's not much evidence either way.

It'd depend pretty heavily on weather the NPCs are considered to have always been aware during their stint as NPCs, or whether they were 'backdated' at the time of the transitioning to reality.

>>140925140
If she didn't know, then she certainly took the info very casually, so I'd slightly lean towards her being aware. There really isn't enough information either way, I guess.
>>
>>140924533
Not per se I think. They think of the Supreme being as gods. Ainz is the only one that hasn't left. Hence a little anxiety he'll abandon them eventually and wanting him to impregnate a girl so there will be a heir.
>>
>>140924915
>Shalltear's description of her creator
>She's aware that she was a voice-actor
Peroroncino is a closet idol!
>>
>>140924533
>Do the NPCs realize they were originally game characters?
No.
>They seemed to acknowledge sometime earlier that they were created by others
Yes.
>It's only been in the last couple episodes where Albedo says "Yggdrasil players" and the others imply they were programmed.
They believe their creators were literally gods which used unknown means to create them and Nazarik. To them everything is real, and nobody ever told them it was a game. There's a reason they worship Ainz like a diety.
>>
>>140924533
NPC view;
- Game world is their real world
- Guild members are their gods and they're aware they were created by them

It's not clear if they're aware of the real world though (There's some stuff in the novels with them misunderstanding real world stuff (Thinking seiyuu's literally create life etc) which they heard in convos, but thats all they have, fragmented info), but they probably consider it to be a realm where gods reside (heavens/whatever).
>>
>>140930577
>lol
Fuck off.
>>
>>140933590
lol
>>
>>140924533
>Do the NPCs realize they were originally game characters?
Yes, they do, but to them, the game Yggdrasil is their reality, just our reality could be a game created by some higher beings.
>>
iirc Albedo knows that Ainz put in the 'loves me' thing into her but she loves loving him and doesn't want to stop loving him. Ainz said he feels bad about having changed her when she was his friends creation and she says her creator wouldn't mind or something like he was her father and she feels he would gladly give her permission to marry Ainz, that was the vibe anyway
>>
File: 1438747648251.jpg (429KB, 1276x2157px) Image search: [Google]
1438747648251.jpg
429KB, 1276x2157px
>>140935973
>>
>>140925023
Hard to say. Either she wouldn't (and doesn't) give a shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.