[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm all caught up with Super now. Does anyone else think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: battle of gods.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
battle of gods.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
So, I'm all caught up with Super now. Does anyone else think it's kinda....bad? The BoG arc is just a tediously long version of the movie with no interesting changes, the RF arc had some new "OH SHIT" twists that go absolutely nowhere, and while the tournament is pretty cool so far, the god powers don't make much sense. If it wasn't so legitimately hilarious I'd say it's pretty much a representation of everything wrong with "Z". But at least it's a ton more fun than GT.
>>
>>140631317
I think Super is fine. I appreciate the attempts to bring the humor back in and focus more on cool techniques over power scaling, even if it's sometimes a miss.

The movie recap shit was unbearable but I just skipped that. I think Toei was aware of it too since they did a recap at the start of the new material.
>>
Nah, Super is good.
>>
>>140631317
It was boring at the beginning, but now I'm actually excited for each episode. Goku vs Hit was pretty awesome.
>>
>Oh cool, that henchman who got killed off is important now
Nope
>Hey, Ginyu's back.
Nope
>Dat sacrifice
Nope
>Gohan's going to be important again
Nope
>Vegeta finally gets his revenge
Nope
>Bluper Saiyan costs focus and....Stamina? Instead of Ki?
So how is it different from a regular Super Saiyan? I thought it was an alternative method of transformation, but they're treating it like a higher tier with different rules. That's confusing as shit.
>>
It's super good, just don't look at the movie redos
>>
Honestly, I kinda like the first arc of GT more. At least it had a dragon ball hunt on a cosmic scale, and the stakes were high when it was a race against time. Super is just...silly. Not bad, but it cranks the ridiculousness to 11.
>>
>tfw Super is so shit it made you appreciate GT
>>
>>140632192
>So how is it different from a regular Super Saiyan?
SSJ costs stamina and burns through Ki because it "leaks" out of the body.
God Ki is in essence just a different level (frequency) of energy that stems from perfect Ki control. (no leaks)
>>
>>140633437
Stop tryng furrfag
>>
File: HE_S_BACK.jpg (207KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
HE_S_BACK.jpg
207KB, 1680x1050px
>>140631317
Super, starting at the NEW stuff (the tournament arc) was good.

They should have kind of skipped recapping the rest. Then again, they added stuff, like the potential start to Gohan's revival as a serious fighter.

I theorize that they added him getting his ass kicked for 3 episodes straight and learning his lesson for something planned in the future.

That's just character and plot writing 101.

But overall yeah, the recap stuff was meh. I'm liking all the new stuff.
>>
>>140632192
Ginyu came back just to give Vegeta the opportunity to kill the last of the Ginyu Force, making that all 5 kills. I'd rather Vegeta have killed Freeza, but he beat the shit out of him and then later got to one hit Frost. We are still waiting to see what they do with Gohan.
>>140635176
>>
>>140631317
Just finished catching up as well. The Frieza's Revenge ark felt really slow, but conclusion was decent. Tournament ark was pretty good, but I hope they crank the cosmic stuff up a notch.
>>
can someone explain exactly why hitto gave up his cosmic chariot

it has to be more than just 'honor' or something

goku had already offered to fight him outside the tournament, and goku had already legitimately lost the fight, there was no real reason for him to take the fall
>>
>>140635576
Out of respect for Goku pushing him to improve.
And/or Monaka not being worth it.
And/or letting Monaka win so Goku still thinks there's someone in his universe stronger than him, thereby pushing Goku (Gods not included)
>>
>>140635728
I just realized something that Hit figured out faster than I did, Goku only tried so hard because he really believed that nipples was stronger than him

Hit just didn't want to destroy that illusion that Goku was benefiting from

which is a very weird sentiment for a professional murderer, taking pity on a mentally retarded person strong enough to wipe out the universe
>>
File: Natural_gas_stove_red.jpg (15KB, 380x475px) Image search: [Google]
Natural_gas_stove_red.jpg
15KB, 380x475px
>>140636020
Poetry
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.