[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was wondering how Kyoani dropped the ball with this, just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_(1502).png (284KB, 588x382px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_(1502).png
284KB, 588x382px
I was wondering how Kyoani dropped the ball with this, just finished watching

>constant pseudointellectual, reddit-tier dialogue
>completely one-dimensional characters
>nonsensical plots/setup with powers/abilities completely dependent on the plot
>lack of any actual overarching theme/narrative
>only redeeming quality is moe

Where were you when Kyoani was kil?
>>
I liked the pom pom girl and I want to ride her pom poms like a motorcycle.
>>
>>140411917
>just finished watching
Why didn't you watch it when it was airing? Also, how long have you been here on /a/?
>>
>>140411976

I don't have to watch every show as it comes out. Fuck off.
>>
>>140411988
>>>/v/
>>
>>140411998

If you don't want to discuss the show, leave the thread.

And make sure you post your thoughts in every other thread where non-seasonal anime is being discussed. I'm sure everyone cares.
>>
When you got familiar with the world halfway through the show and just accept it as a more relaxed/fun anime instead of a serious battle harem (and it actually does it quite well at the last anime arc) then it gets way better. The storytelling had really creative possibilities which they used well (the cat mansion, the play they put on, the pool at school). It became enjoyable.
>>
>>140412034
If the rules of the world are completely arbitrary, 'creativity' is kind of void.
>>
I want to lick Kurumi till there's nothing left.
>>
>>140412056
But you get to see a lot of great, unique scenarios unfold and you don't sit there questioning it at the halfway point because it makes sense in their world. That was great for me
>>
>>140412085
I bet you say that to all the moebait.
>>
File: ret.jpg (18KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
ret.jpg
18KB, 400x317px
>>140411917
I agree with you anon.
I'm watching it and I'm at ep10.
I'm forcing myself to finish it since I saw nice animation webm.
But the whole show is plotless and the characters are classical and boring.
This is just a take and throw show, there's nothing to discuss, shameful for kyoani.
>>
>>140411917
>constant pseudointellectual, reddit-tier dialogue
You didn't watch the show. The only pseudointellectual dialogue was the Schrodinger stuff in wpisode 7,and even then it was merely explanation without any deeper meaning.
>>
>>140412155

The reddit stuff gets to me the most, though.

I bet randomly name-dropping Western intellectuals and half-baked, retarded 'theories' is even more annoying to actual Japanese people.
>>
>>140412165

m8 they had a fresh face or two or even three in literally every episode. Literally Gen Urobuchi-tier but even more retarded.
>>
>>140412197
>m8
>>
>>140412085
Get in line.
>>
picked up
>>
>>140412173
>>140412197
>discussing anything intellectual on a topical level is now considered reddit-tier

this is anti-intellectualism on a whole new level, you can't even pretend to have "smart" dialogue without calling it "reddit, the anime"
>>
>>140411917
they now realize that they're shit to begin with. All their shows are so boring and good animation alone is not enough to sell.
>>
>>140412248

There's a difference between smart writing and reddit intellectual superficiality which completely lacks breadth, insight and even competence but puts on airs of expertise.
>>
>>140412268
Do you have a reddit fetish? Why do you keep bringing it up randomly?
>>
File: 1364259433596.jpg (127KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
1364259433596.jpg
127KB, 500x614px
>>140412287
>being this fucking reddit
>>
>>140412197
What does that even mean
>>
>>140411917
Kyoani has been on the decline for a while now. At the same time their technical prowess has only been growing. They're basically McDonalds of anime - shit food manufactured very efficiently.
>>
>>140412334
Except Kyoani used to be good, so it's not quite apt.

Kyoani seems to consistently do moe well - not surprising, I guess, given that it seems really easy to create and hard to fuck up. It's this generation's harem.
>>
>>140412268
I feel like if I keep replying, you're going to bring up that black science man and how much you hate popular science as a whole.
>>
>>140412383

Popular science isn't really offensive.

Wikipedia PhDs are.
>>
>>140412334
They've been on the rise since 2014. Phantom World was a blunder though.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>
>>140412538

>2014

Huh? Chu2 was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>140412603
That's a weird way to spell Hyouka.
>>
Why the fuck is KyoAni so popular despite being so shit? They can't even make an anime other than SOLshit and dull action anime. Is animation the only thing good in them? They should really make other genre anime than Slice of Fucking Life shit.
>>
>>140412623
they do
>>
>>140412623
they're quickly becoming the studio ghibli of the 21st century

all style, no substance
>>
>>140412611
That's a weird way to spell Haruhi
>>
>>140412538
The last good shit they made was Hyouka.
Chuuni was shit, Tamako market was shit (or maybe it wasn't, but I didn't like it), Kyoukai no kanata was shit, Amaburi was shit, Hibike was yuribait shit, and now Phantom world is their latest piece of crap.
Maybe you mean on the rise in terms of sales, and probably Free is a huge factor here, but as I recall Kyoukai no kanata, Amaburi and Hibike all sold like shit.
>>
>>>140412623
Would 2016 kyoani trash haruhi S3?
>>
>>140411998
Fuck off
>>
>>140411917
Good art for an average show doing average things.
>>
>>140411917
>Where were you when Kyoani was kil?
FREE came out years ago anon
>>
>>140411917
It's like you've been living under rocks for a whole decade.
>>
>>140412623
The reason you hate them is because they're popular. There's no way you could ever be appeased.
>>
>>140413048
They're also upset the type of anime they watch never keeps such a consistently high standard of production throughout its run.
>>
It was a fun little unmemorable show, nothing more or less. People expected more because it's KyoAni but even they drop the ball sometimes.
>>
>>140413865
>people expecting anything good from solo Ishihara
>>
>>140412287
He's just trying to fit in thinking that he has to hate reddit and telling in each and every one of his post that he hates reddit so people on /a/ would accept him as part of the community.
>>
>>140413977
Spot the redditor.
>>
>>140412738
>Amaburi and Hibike all sold like shit.
6.5-8.5k is not selling like shit. I'd certainly a big hit, but is in no way a flop, stop your bullshit.
>>140412623
Action anime =/= good anime. The fact that you only like your battle shounen and the likes doesn't make it any good, if something shounen is one of the most cancerous thing out there. You have to be literally 13 to enjoy shounen anime. Go grow up, when you have lived enough and you are not more under your dad and mom you'll realize that moeshit can be entertaining and good too.
>>
>>140414013
>spot x
You're cancer, kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>140414163
Spot the special snowflake redditor.

I bet you post frequently in "reddit isn't so bad guys, come on" threads and talk about all the good anime discussion you have there.

Why don't you just fuck off there, actually?
>>
>>140412738
Only Chunibyo S2 and Kyoukai no Kanata are shit out of what you listed.
>as I recall Kyoukai no kanata, Amaburi and Hibike all sold like shit.
They didn't.
>>
File: 1460969955057.png (444KB, 388x594px) Image search: [Google]
1460969955057.png
444KB, 388x594px
If this show were done by any studio but Kyoani, you'd all have dropped it instantly. It'd be forgotten along with the other shitty LN shows like Active Raid and Endride.
>>
>>140414234
>shitty LN shows like Active Raid and Endride.
subtle
>>
>>140414234
Is endride really that bad?
>>
>>140411917
Compared to the mindless twists and edgy plot of the source material, I am impressed that KyoAni managed to tone it down by introducing Haruhiko's random plot of the week.
>>
Has Kyoani ever held the ball?
They've made nothing but trash for almost a decade
>>
>>140414314

That's been the Kyoani standard treatment (butchery) of source material since Chu2.
>>
>>140414342
>There are people who wanted Dark Haruhiko parallel adventures and all Heroines dead instead of the shit we got
>>
>>140414314
They only adapted the first novel, which wasn't edgy.
>>
>>140414376

I'd take anything over what we got just for a random chance at getting something not shit.
>>
>>140414314
http://pastebin.com/Z2W3UTw2
>Edit: Since I noticed a lot of people getting some things mixed up or wrong here I felt I needed to add this. The anime only adapted volume 1 and is extremely similar in themes and overall characterization. Volume 2 on the otherhand is practically a genre shift, going from a comedy to a tragedy, they're supposed to be juxtaposed with each other like that, that's why volume 2 takes place in an alternate universe. That's why there's literally two (three technically if you count Riira) different Haruhiko's running around. So when you say or read something like "Kyoani's adaption was better" or "Thank god Kyoani changed everything, this is awful", that's just factually incorrect. Kyoani only adapted the first volume which again is nothing like the second one. They didn't change anything yet until they decide that they want to make a sequel, and then maybe some things might get changed.
>>
File: bear hacker.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bear hacker.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Bear spin off anime never
>>
>>140412623
Just throwing a hypothesis out here.
I went through a phase where I gave animation the most credit because I thought it seemed like a justification for watching anime that wasn't embarrassingly weeby or dumb, as much as admitting I enjoy exotic Japanese crap and lowbrow entertainment.
Kyoani allows you to feel self-importance if you pretend that you're a connoisseur who knows the highest quality productions and don't watch ecchi shit or shounen garbage just because you follow one studio.
It's a convenient next step on the road to mastery after you officially become a journeyman anime expert by watching 20 shows.
>>
The show's only arc with enigma was actually a decent concept but it was too little, too late.
>>
>>140414185
There is literally nothing wrong with Reddit
>>
Kyoani didn't drop the ball
they elevated this

The source was apparantly hot garbage. Anyone else and it would've been a straight flop, they made it just "okay"
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.