[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is Saint Seiya? The reasosns I'm considering watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Saint_Seiya.jpg (171KB, 570x320px) Image search: [Google]
Saint_Seiya.jpg
171KB, 570x320px
How good is Saint Seiya? The reasosns I'm considering watching it are kind of superficial since I just saw it has the same character designer and color designer as Casshern Sins, and I loved the show for these two aspects. But I don't know if it's worth getting into a 114-episode anime series based just on that.
>>
Drags along at times, but it's awesome.

Definitely an old gem worth digging up and has some of the best music in anime.
>>
>>140217773
>watching

No.
>>
>>140218206
Well, I definitely won't read it. I said I want to watch something by the person responsible for Casshern's color design.
>>
is not that good as nostalgiafags and spics depicted it, just a 7/10.
Its just a dumb battle anime themed with greek things. Sometimes is pretty badass and others very stupid, specially the first arcs before sanctuary. If you want just read a summary of the first episodes and then jump to the sanctuary arc.
But it's worth watch for a 90's series
>>
>same character designer and color designer as Casshern Sins

You do realize you're talking about Saint Seiya Omega, and not the original series, right?
>>
I liked it OP, sanctuary and hades arcs are some of the best shounen stuff I have seen.

Some of the stuff that came out after original series is great to
>>
>>140218912
Well holy fucking shit you're right, I didn't look into it enough and see there are different versions of saint seiya. It seems the old one was done by that color designer and the new one by the character designer.

Seems I should actually be considering watching Doremi or Mari & Gali since those were happened to be actualy made by those two.
>>
>>140218557
Then don't bother at all.

Anime is censored garbage made by toei, it literally changes the whole story.
>>
>>140220027
Omega had both the color and character designers.
In the original series Tsujita Kunio was a lowly color picker and had effectively no creative control.
Omega is shit anyway and they both bailed halfway through.

Also keep in mind the color design of Sins (sort of glowing colors, whith screens domonated by a single color, like red or purple, etc.) is much more characteristic of the DIRECTOR, Yamauchi Shigeyasu.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Jgbw7GslA

For the most extreme examples you can watch Yume Kui Merry or his Shin Sekai Yori episodes.

You should watch DoReMi anyway since he also directed the second season, and it's just plain good.
>>
>>140220734
Ok thanks a lot for those, I'll keep this in mind. I have seen Shin Sekai Yori. Did he direct that famous episode people complain about because it looked different? The one where the guy loses control over his powers?

I sort of figured it might by Tsujita Kunio's influence because I checked the stuff he's done on MAL and he has worked on series that utilized more striking and unusal color palettes like Marie & Gali, Tatami Galaxy or Penguindrum. But I guess it's also true that all of these series had rather "unusual" directors. But then again, wouldn't there be a reason all of the chose Tsujita to work on their projects?

I will definitely check out Doremi.

Also, a side note. Is Tsujita Kuno considered a known color designer? Honestly, it's a position I know literally nothing, it just happened to be an aspect of Casshern Sins I've always remembered dearly about the show and I just happened to stumble upon that kind of position on the staff list on mal and that's how I ended up here. Also, are there any other known color designers out there?
>>
>>140221417
>Did he direct that famous episode people complain about because it looked different? The one where the guy loses control over his powers?

Yes, that him.

Tsujita Kunio has been the go to guy for famous directors forma long time. It doesn't say so on MAL apparently but he was also the color designer for Utena, under a pen name.
But like sound directors and composite directors, color directors do a lot of work and are under heavy supervision by the directors, so you can't really pick a random show out of their list and expect the same style or quality. Tsujita is doing that god awful Terraformers show which is one of the ugliest in recent memory.

Oh, and I just remembered, Hana Yori Dango had the same director, character designer, and color designer, as well as art director, the great Kobayashi Shichirou, who also did Utena, Gamba no Bouken, Angel's Egg, To Heart, Windy Tales etc.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qviUUqbE6Xw

The character designs are pretty shit to be honest, but the color and art design (and direction) are all good. The voice acting is nearly unbearable though.
>>
>>140217773
It's a really good show, also invented a lot of things you see in ton of other manga.
A lot of guys say people only like it because of nostalgia but you shouldn't listen to them. I watched the show many times over the course of my life and I always found it good.
It also has the best filler arc in all of anime adaptations ever.
>>
>>140217773
Im playing Saint Seiya Soldiers Soul
Shiryu a best.
>>
>>140217773
You have to watch it in Latin America during the nineties to truly get it.
I don't even remember anything specific other than thinking that it was really cool
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.