[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

What the fuck was the point of Mari? >replace Toji with Asuka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 57

File: mari.png (1MB, 979x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mari.png
1MB, 979x1600px
What the fuck was the point of Mari?

>replace Toji with Asuka
>replace Asuka with Mari

All she does is make one-liners and show her tits.
>>
>>139748769
Merchandise?
>>
>>139748769
Had to overshadow Asuka's shittiness somehow.
>>
>>139748769
Being best girl
>>
>>139748769
SABISU SABISU
>>
File: 1435053018682.jpg (150KB, 1419x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435053018682.jpg
150KB, 1419x1080px
She is the Kaji of the rebuilds

just look at her melons
>>
>>139749335
It's shitty sabisu too.
>>
The Eternal Anglo ruining anime now
>>
>>139748769
Evangelion's quality is inversely proportional to the amount of *namis in the show.
Rei Ayanami -> Good
+ Asuka Shikinami -> Why?
+ Mari Makinami -> Shit
+ Yui Ayanami -> Just end it already.
>>
>>139750185
>Ayanami
>Shikinami
>Makinami
Oh fuck, I've never even realized this.
>>
>>139750248
2deep4u
>>
File: mari-ff.png (241KB, 1525x741px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mari-ff.png
241KB, 1525x741px
>>139748769
>>
>>139748769
>What the fuck was the point of Mari?
Apparently it's for merchandise. Which is really stupid if anything.
>>
>>139748769
Is the "she is made to destroy eva" quote true? Taken out of context?
>>
>>139748769
>What the fuck was the point of Mari?
>All she does is ... show her tits.

You already answered your own question.
>>
>>139749507
I dunno, that scene where she parachutes and lands tits-first on Shinji is pretty A1
>>
File: mari4.jpg (153KB, 602x850px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mari4.jpg
153KB, 602x850px
>>139748886
Someone who understands.
>>
>>139748769
>What the fuck was the point of Mari?
To be Asuka's lesbian option.
>>
>>139750248
>>139750358
BRAVO ANNO
>>139750479
Erry time
>>
>>139748769
Mari was crafted to be the female equivalent of Kaworu, in other words a shallow shipping device made to cater to shallow waifufags/husbandofags.
>>
>>139751536
Hold the fuck on.
Someone showing some love to Shinji was essential to the story. Kaworu is an important part of Evangelion.
>>
>>139748859
Rei looks like a toilet seat
>>
>>139751636
Lots of people showed love to Shinji, not just Kaworu.

Kaworu is a monster of the week, he's shallow as a character. He's a plot device and nothing more.

In Rebuild, which is what we were talking about in the first place, is a place where Kaworu is literally nothing but a cancerous yaoi ship bait device.
>>
>>139751734
This.

Or replace Rei with Asuka altogether.
>>
>>139751709
The point is that Shinji is dense and needed some explicit affection. Kaworu is the first one to tell him he liked him.

And in Rebuild he fucked Shinji up good yet again. He's also the only good part of 3.33.
>>
>>139748769
She is fucking hot
>>
>>139751867
Asuka is the only good part of 3.0
>>
>>139748769
Rebuild are pure marketing
She is pure marketing
>>
>>139751867
Kaworu is the worst part of Rebuild, period.

Kaworu is shallow, he's a bad character, and he's the reason 3.33 sucks. Beceause if you're too dense to notice yourself, every character was raped, dumbed down, and the world LITERALLY DESTROYED just so Kaworu could look "better" than the literal ruination of everything else.

Kaworu is the absolute most disgusting, vile and filthy part of this fanbase as far as Rebuild is concerned. I can hardly think of anything worse and more destructive than that single character.
>>
>>139752005
>Kaworu is shallow, he's a bad character
So Asuka without an inverted penis?
>>
File: 1460000024850.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460000024850.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
>>139752120
>Asuka
>shallow
Fuck right off.
>>
>>139748859
>>139751675
>>139751734
>>139751859
>>139752120
FUCKING SHUT UP
>>
>>139752005
I don't know why they raped the characters, but that's not the reason. You don't need that to make Kaworu work. Just making Shinji wake up alone or with him would be enough.
>>
>>139752120
Asuka actually isn't garbage tier in the Rebuilds. Too bad it's not canon.
>>
File: anno hates you.png (165KB, 1226x1550px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anno hates you.png
165KB, 1226x1550px
>>139748769
>>
>>139752206
SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU
>>
>>139752302
I bet you think Rei is a good character
>>
>>139752217
>You don't need that to make Kaworu work. Just making Shinji wake up alone or with him would be enough.
Yes you do.

Shinji waking up alone with Kaworu would make Shinji not care about him since Shinji only cares about Kaworu when he's desperate.

Kaworu effectively ruined the Rebuilds because Anno decided to pander the hell out of him. They made an entire movie out of it, which meant that Rei had to be express-killed (literally handwaved to not exist off screen), and then shat on so that no one would care any more about the character, to focus on Kaworu.

Misato, Asuka and everyone are made to act completely retarded, and reduced to waifus and nothing more.

Kaworu is the cancer that ruined the Rebuilds, or he was the hammer that beat it into retardation.
>>
>>139752402
Not him but Rei is a good character, better than Asuka in both Rebuilds and NGE.
>>
>>139752402
She is, along with Shinji and Misato. They are all better than Asuka.
>>
Rei and Kaworu are both trash characters, so I don't know why you're arguing.
>>
>>139752403
>Shinji wakes up, the world destroyed and no one around
>not instant desperation
I hope you don't really believe this.
Really, you don't need airships, evatigers and no character development to make Kaworu look good.

He's the only character that can arise some interest from that shitpile of a movie since he seems to be the only one to have an idea of what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>139752507
>>139752587
Quit being so angry at others, asukafag autist fireposter.
>>
>>139752587
Glad you agree that Asuka is bad.
>top kekkitty kek
Out.
>>
>>139752655
What the fuck is a fireposter
>>
>>139748769
Rebuild apologists are saying that her maris are super relevant to the next movie that is never coming out.
>>
>>139752667
>Asuka
>plot device
How?
>>
>>139748769
Tits and ass variation. That's about it.
>>
>>139752703
Rebuild apologists are reicucks
>>
>>139752616
>I hope you don't really believe this.
>Really, you don't need airships, evatigers and no character development to make Kaworu look good.

Yeah, you do. Because the badness of it all is required to elevate Kaworu to that extreme shipper fan pandering level he requires to subsist in the fanbase.

>He's the only character that can arise some interest from that shitpile of a movie since he seems to be the only one to have an idea of what the fuck is going on.

No, he's the worst piece of shit in that movie because despite apparently knowing everything, he gets schooled like a retard, and he never even did what was needed to help Shinji. Fucker didn't even put Rei Q on the right track.

He is pure pandering, everything you see in that movie that was bad was because of Kaworu.

The rape and character assasination of Rei, needed because otherwise there would be no reason for Shinji to care about Kaworu.
The dumbing down of Misato and Asuka into hostile, moronic and self-contradicting wild beasts, all needed to separate Shinji from his contacts.

I seriously hope you don't believe Kaworu's lack of character and huge maintenance requirement wasn't what made 3.33 the garbage pile it is.

Kaworu had one episode. Why the fuck would you increase that to ONE MOVIE when everyone else is getting less screentime? It's just not right.
>>
>>139748769
She's worthless, but I tolerate her because she checks off literally all of my fetishes.
> glasses
> tits
> ZR
> anglo
> slutty
>>
>>139752813
>Kaworu to that extreme shipper fan pandering level he requires to subsist in the fanbase.
He didn't need it before and still had a fanbase.

You are blaming the only good part because the rest really sucks and looks worse in comparison.

Also you don't pander by having him abandon Shinji at the crucial moment and then decapitating him. He is the only character that seems to have more than he lets see in the rebuilds, that doesn't mean he is the reason the rest don't have anything else.
>>
In other news, Rei a shit.
>>
>>139753088
>He didn't need it before and still had a fanbase.
A much, much smaller fanbase that was - here it comes - entirely centered around Yaoi. Whoops.

>You are blaming the only good part because the rest really sucks and looks worse in comparison.
Except Kaworu wasnt' a good part. He was absolute shit.

He had a better character in NGE with less screentime.

>Also you don't pander by having him abandon Shinji at the crucial moment and then decapitating him.

It's called gay tragic romance, sells better than straight homo consensual romance. Fujoshi have sexually deviant fantasy, WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN.
Otaku are like that.

>He is the only character that seems to have more than he lets see in the rebuilds, that doesn't mean he is the reason the rest don't have anything else.
Bullshit. He is the character who has absolutely nothing to him. No conflict, no character development, he is nothing but a fucking pandering device.

Stop defending Kaworu because you get off to Kaworu doujins. Mark my words, this is entirely objective and well-researched, Kaworu is the ultimate cancer in character form when it comes to the Rebuilds.

Again:
The rape and character assasination of Rei, needed because otherwise there would be no reason for Shinji to care about Kaworu.
The dumbing down of Misato and Asuka into hostile, moronic and self-contradicting wild beasts, all needed to separate Shinji from his contacts.

I seriously hope you don't believe Kaworu's lack of character and huge maintenance requirement wasn't what made 3.33 the garbage pile it is.

Kaworu had one episode. Why the fuck would you increase that to ONE MOVIE when everyone else is getting less screentime? It's just not right.
>>
>>139752813
>Asuka into hostile, moronic and self-contradicting wild beast
The difference being?
>>
File: norks.jpg (192KB, 700x389px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
norks.jpg
192KB, 700x389px
>>139753004
>>
>>139748769
> shows her tits
where
>>
>>139753240
There is none, you're still a toiletsexual
>>
File: 1459270682398.jpg (361KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459270682398.jpg
361KB, 800x1100px
>>139753240
The difference is that she was much more than that in NGE.

Was Asuka hostile in NGE? Yes.
Was Asuka moronic at times in NGE? Yes.
Was Asuka self-contradicing in NGE? Some times.

But she had a fucking character to back it up. She wasn't just a retarded wild pandering beast like Rebuild's Asuka. You can call Asuka all the shitty things you want and be right some of t he time, but you can't deny there was some serious fleshing out to the character and well-made character interaction that added to the series substance.

This is true for all of the Rebuild characters in some form or shape. Asuka is one of the luckier ones in terms of treatment, if not the second luckiest total.

But 3.33's treatment of the character, as the other mentioned, is deplorable and unforgivable, as it was pure pandering and pure destruction, and abandonment of creating good, quality characters.
>>
>>139748769
her english va in 2.22 was soooo good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrauk6XfHRo
>>
>>139753404
Rebuild fucking shat on Asuka, what are you talking about?
>>
>>139753570
>Rebuild shitting on Asuka
top kek m8

her character is shit, but she's only second to Kaworu in pandering
>>
What the fuck was the point of Rebuild in general?

Honestly, fuck Anno. What a fucking hack.
>>
>>139753236
>The rape and character assasination of Rei, needed because otherwise there would be no reason for Shinji to care about Kaworu.
Shinji shouldn't be caring so much about Rei in the first place. Reipandering ruined that, and there was Rei pandering, just to take it away because Anno likes torturing Reifags.
>The dumbing down of Misato and Asuka into hostile, moronic and self-contradicting wild beasts, all needed to separate Shinji from his contacts.
Misato and Asuka should be out of the picture by now.
>I seriously hope you don't believe Kaworu's lack of character and huge maintenance requirement wasn't what made 3.33 the garbage pile it is.
The only huge maintenance requirement here is Shinji with his out of nowhere impacts.
>>
>>139753404
Calm the fuck down Sadamoto.

Rei is a plot device, not a character.
>>
>>139753570
So

>removing Asuka's failures
>removing Asuka's troubles
>giving Asuka super-powers
>giving Asuka a dozen new EVA designs, weapons outfits and more to wear
>giving Asuka a superior moral position looking down on others

is shitting on Asuka? Then I'd like to see what not shitting on a character is. Rebuild has been far more kind with Asuka than just about anyone else. They even admit that they tried to make her look good in the interviews with Anno and Tsurumaki.

Asuka is mega-pandered.

>>139753678
Hey fuck off faggot. Rei > your favorite character, dickwad.
>>
>>139753611
Just because you got cucked in 3.0 doesn't mean Asuka has been pandered more than Rei, Reifag.
>>
>>139753678
Right. She has more character than everyone other than Shinji.
>>
>>139753727
>Rei > your favorite character, dickwad.

That's a nice objective argument you have there, anon.

Admit it, she's only there to give Shinji mom-boners.
>>
>>139753728
>retard post
Fuck off asukafag autist. Grown ups want to try talking.
>>
>>139753627
>Shinji shouldn't be caring so much about Rei in the first place.
Butthurt waifufag opinion discarded.

>Misato and Asuka should be out of the picture by now.
So this is what Kaworufags think about characteres objectively superior and more important?

>The only huge maintenance requirement here is Shinji with his out of nowhere impacts.
I see, Kaworufags blaming Shinji once called out.
>>
>>139753727
>cuts Asuka's development, screentime and importance
>Is barely in 3.0
>gets fucked in 2.0
>her "development" goes to shit
>reifag micropenis-sucking
>Mari's entire existence in general
>name change so it's more like Rei's
>fucking Kaworu is more important
>nothing about her backstory yet, even Mari has more backstory
>>
>>139748769

Maaya Sakamoto, fanservice, more merch of a chick in a plugsuit, now with glasses and smug
>>
>>139753806
>ur JUST retarded lol
>>
>>139753873

He really shouldn't though. The alternative is to say that girl cooking contest was totally in character and not pandering.

Also if you don't kill Misato and leave Asuka at the hospital then you have to do something with them. Completely changing their characters seems to have been the solution.
>>
>>139748769
Fuck you, she is what mecha pilot should be, someone, who the original lacked, and she blended into the cast perfectly: first she shows to Asuka how to really pilot in 2.0, then she lets matured Asuka take charge in 3.0.
>>
>>139754004
>cuts Asuka's development, screentime and importance
It adds importance and position, and that's pandering.

They traded quality for pandering.

>Is barely in 3.0
>gets fucked in 2.0
She's portrayed as a better, more positive character in both than she was in NGE. It's sucking Asukafag micropenis, and that' s a fact.

>Mari's entire existence in general
Mari exists solely to boost Asuka popularity.

>name change so it's more like Rei's
Asukafags are jealous of Rei, so they want Asuka to be like Rei, only tsundere and named ASuka. That's why asuka now is a half-angel, runs around with a spear, is somehow stronger than before, and is featured with bandages.

It made Asuka more popular.

>fucking Kaworu is more important
If Asuka is #2 in pandering, Kaworu is #1.

>nothing about her backstory yet, even Mari has more backstory
Because it leaves fans to wank freely.
>>
>>139754249
>all this butthurt POV
>>
>>139754426
Asukafag bringing in quality posts as usual.
>>
File: 1456240384946.png (574KB, 1000x449px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456240384946.png
574KB, 1000x449px
>>139752302
Fuck off.

>>139754249
only retards like Shikanami more than Soryu
>>
>>139754167
You're not making any sense whatsoever.
>>
>>139751867
>kaworufagging this hard
leave
>>
>>139754616
Summary: The ruining and pandering began both before and independently of Kaworu.
>>
>>139754516
Thanks!
>>
>>139754609
>only retards like Shikanami more than Soryu
Apparently Asukafags are retards then. Gee, who knew.

>but Ilike soryu
So does the fucking fireposter, who is dumb enough to shitpost so that he get banned like ten times a day. He is fucked in the head.

>>139754850
Disproven by the following:

Kaworu was introduced in movie #1, before even Asuka was introduced.

The timeloops serve no function whatsoever for any of the other characters beside Kaworu, and it's 3.33 that is the major problem concerning ruined characters. Kaworu more or less ruined even the characters that were built.
>>
File: 1295906770420.jpg (148KB, 600x778px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1295906770420.jpg
148KB, 600x778px
>>
>>139755022
>So does the fucking fireposter

There are autistic people who like Rei.
What's your point?
>>
>>139755022
If Kaworu is the only reason for the time loops you might get a point. We won't know that until 3+1 which isn't gonna come out though.
>>
>>139755249
That is sort of my point, just because one likes the other doesn't mean they're automatically retarded or not retarded.

Bad apples in all baskets but arguably 90% of the asuakfag basket is pure rotten
>>
>>139755286
>If Kaworu is the only reason for the time loops you might get a point. We won't know that until 3+1 which isn't gonna come out though.

We know already. It's been ten years now almost. Ten fucking years. We could have two world wars in that time, with hundreds of millions of souls lost to the void, rapes suffering and mutilations, we could have changed the world in that time.

For ten years if not more through spinoffs, Kaworu has been the de facto reason to include loops in Evangelion.
>>
File: 1437574191637.png (25KB, 175x175px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437574191637.png
25KB, 175x175px
>>139748769
>All she does is make one-liners and show her tits.
>>
>>139755342
Even if the loops amount to nothing else, the "Anno hates fans" theory seems to be stronger than Fujo Kaworu pandering theory.
>>
File: 1305236607164.jpg (635KB, 800x4846px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1305236607164.jpg
635KB, 800x4846px
>>
>>139753529
Jesus christ
>>
File: 1443025391809.jpg (71KB, 600x881px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443025391809.jpg
71KB, 600x881px
>>139755292
You are right, I phrased that wrong.

Only people with shit taste prefer Shikanami over Soryu.
>>
>>139755517
>Even if the loops amount to nothing else, the "Anno hates fans" theory seems to be stronger than Fujo Kaworu pandering theory.
They aren't mutually exclusive. You see, Anno only hates one type of fan: the fan he's not.
>>
File: 1459274774029.jpg (73KB, 500x333px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459274774029.jpg
73KB, 500x333px
>>139755540
>>
>>139755634
I'll agree to that.
But then Asuka has the same baggage as Kaworu.
>>
File: 1418998868241.png (304KB, 712x474px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418998868241.png
304KB, 712x474px
>>139755517
The whole "ANNO HATES HIS FANS, THATS WHY HE DOES WHAT HE DOES" is a dumb meme that needs to die. Anno doesn't hate his fans, he hates fans of Evangelion which likes the characters he doesn't like. Just like any average /a/non neckbeard waifu/husbandofag autist.

If you read his interviews, there are two characters he professes his like and approval for more than anyone else, and one character he actively dislikes to the point of calling the entirety of Japan for children because they liked that character the most.

Asuka is his favorite according to himself. Kaworu is the character he speaks the most fondly of, and he never criticizes the fans of these characters.

Rei however, is someone he doesn't' like. He says he forgot about her, he says he doesn't care about her, and he actively goes out of his way to call Rei weak and the fans of Rei for childish, disgusting and whatnot.

Please add 2 and 2 together so that you may get 4.

Obviously Rebuild and Khara spinoffs are going to shit on Rei and bolster Asuka/Kaworu as hard as it can, by any means necessary. Anno is the penultimate waifufag autist, a dark reflection of the fanbase itself.
>>
>>139748769
Literally just off-brand Haruhara Haruko.
>>
>>139755596
She sounds even crazier than the original.
>>
>>139755765
No, because Asuka isn't literally made the figurehead of her own movie. Make no mistake, Asuka is guilty of the same pandering Kaworu is.
But in a much less destructive way.
>>
>>139755807
He likes Asuka more than Rei but he hates people who watched NGE for the girls.
>>
>>139755807
I think you may be right.
It'd be hilariously ironic that he had to completely remake Asuka for it to work though.
>>
>>139756061
It is hilariously ironic. The Asukafags all bought it too.

Anno and the other Asukafags know that Asuka could never beat Rei unless you changed their entire characters into a ridiculous farce like Rebuild or spinoffs like Campus Apocalypse does.

In itself it's the most damning piece of evidence that Rei > Asuka, as if the original series they are trying to escape from wasn't enough.
>>
File: 1422536055382.gif (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422536055382.gif
2MB, 800x800px
>>139748769
>What the fuck was the point of Mari?
To cuck Asuka away from Shinji.
>>
Toji was a better character then this skank. Just another way Anno pandered to the otakus.
>>
>>139756048
>He likes Asuka more than Rei but he hates people who watched NGE for the girls.
If that was true, he wouldn't keep on insisting he likes Asuka the most because "she's cute" (HIS WORDS, NOT MINE), or Tsurumaki wouldn't be super-happy about Shikinami becuse "she's so cute!".
He wouldn't remake his works so they'd be a shallow waifufags dream.

The horror is that the western fanbase has always imagine Anno to be anti-waifufag, while in reality he is the biggest and worst of them all. After all, it would take one of them to create the most well-known and attractive waifus in the entire medium.

I mean, this is the guy who collects sailor moon doujins and proudly displays Strike Witches DVD's on his desk.
>>
>>139756048
This, he hates the partisan waifufags like >>139755807 who turn a series meant to explore human psychology and misery into a waifu-based bush war. The perception that divides you from them is a lie. This is not a red and blue world, you can't afford to believe in your side.
>>
File: zomg-ak.png (130KB, 320x358px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zomg-ak.png
130KB, 320x358px
>>139756196
But they already had Kaworu for that!
Double the NTR, double the fun!
>>
>>139756301
>this
This my ass, that post is criticizing Anno for doing just that. Anno has made it it into a waifu war franchise and you're fucking retarded for even trying to imply otherwise.
>>
>>139756301
>who turn a series meant to explore human psychology and misery into a waifu-based bush war
We are talking Rebuilds here. They caused this.
>>
>>139756301
No anon. You are the cancer shit.

Your denial is allowing Anno to turn Evangelion into just that, waifu-war bullshit. You enabled him to do this, by denying the truth about what he was doing.
Evangelion was about more, but Asukafags like Anno couldn't accept that the public liked Rei more, and then he became what he was.

He set the example for butthurt Asukafags world wide, and never, ever forget:

The waifu wars would never have been this bad if Anno hadn't thrown gasoline on it every chance he got. He even ruined his own franchise just so that he could get a sweet, sweet feel of that fake instrumentality-like notion of having his taste recognized by the majority of the japanese hivemind.

There are hardly words to describe how bad of a person Anno is in this regard.
>>
>>139756340
Gun yourself down. Thread is shit enough as is.
>>
>>139757943
Hey thread is decent in comparison. There's no transvestite or toilet spamming.
>>
>>139758057
That doesn't make it excusable.
>>
File: 1373314943177.jpg (233KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373314943177.jpg
233KB, 600x600px
>>139758368
Does best couple trigger you?
>>
>>139758057
There was, but the sad little fucker got banned again. As usual.

There's only one thing than Asukafags though, and that's Kaworufags. Thank god they aren't as numerous.
>>
>>139758831
Just let the thread die, faggot.
>>
File: 1357970736628_cr.jpg (55KB, 390x324px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1357970736628_cr.jpg
55KB, 390x324px
What's the matter faggot, 2DEEP4U?
>>
File: Shinji-doesnt-sell.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shinji-doesnt-sell.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>139758831
>>139756340
>>139756196
We all know this is what Anno, Khara and most of Japan want
>>
File: 50757034.jpg (291KB, 863x470px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
50757034.jpg
291KB, 863x470px
>yfw
>>
>>139761941
Kaworufags are so jealous of Rei they need to steal from her character. Fucking sad.
>>
>>139762238
But Shinji is the one in Rei's position, not Kaworu.
>>
>>139762281
>b-but s-shinji
Fuck off Kaworufag. It's your vile piece of work. There's one character replaced here. Shinji was always in this sequence.
>>
>>139748769
>one-liners and show her tits

So best girl in other words. I mean, let's look at the options here.

You have the soulless shell constantly hanging around a man old enough to be her dad.

You've got the emotionally turbulent bitch who would probably try to break your bones before they even hold a conversation.

And then there's the girl whose way of greeting seems to be crawling on top of you and telling you that you smell nice.
>>
>>139762317
Cute shell please.
Other 2 sound annoying.
>>
>>139762314
I had no idea a joke picture could make someone so triggered.
>>
>>139762317
Rei isn't soulless though, and it looks like she's the best option.
>>
>>139762419
Bad time to post it, considering how the franchise shits on Rei. Implying that you'd write out one of the things cool about the character is downright evil and really petty.
>>
>>139762533
Rei doesn't even clean her room, she's fucking gross.
>>
File: 718869726.png (638KB, 960x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
718869726.png
638KB, 960x720px
>>139762561
That was just for Shinji bait.
>>
>>139762238
That's kind of how it always worked. Kaworu's first concept was just a faggot with a cat, there was no Lilith, and Rei was Adam.
>>
File: Anno Lucas.png (1MB, 1500x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Anno Lucas.png
1MB, 1500x1600px
>>139762555
I can taste your tears all the way from over here, that just makes me want to post it more.
>>
>>139762561
No problem, it's significantly less gross than my previous roommates.
>>
>>139762669
Dishonest slut.
>>
>>139762682
>Rei was Adam
Sauce on this?
>>
>>139762817
It's like he says, Kaworu wasn't even defined when Adam was in play. Rei gets played up with Adam early on in the show, she goes down to terminal dogma, and when the "adam project" flashes by, Rei is paired with Adam.

Kaworu comes along, Adam is now Lilith and Rei is Lilith instead.
>>
>>139762987
But if not Adam, then what were the angels made from?
>>
>>139762314
But Shinji is in the Rei spot with omnipresence powers.
>>
File: 44067043.gif (2MB, 495x308px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
44067043.gif
2MB, 495x308px
>>139752005
Your hatred for Kaworu only makes me love him more
>>
>>139763080
Still Adam. Humans were, too. The competing lines of separate Seeds wasn't added yet.
>>
>>139763138
Original Scene: Rei and Shinji
Kaworufag "fantasy" Scene: Kaworu and Shinji
>>
>>139763263
That's dumb. That would just make them both the same species.
>>
>>139763080
Wasn't added yet. Adam is the first human, much like he was in Gainax's previous work, Nadia.

>>139763138
The character that's edited out is Rei, replaced with Kaworu. Work of Kaworufags putting Kaworu in the MC position.
>>
>>139763275
Kaworu is a normal human boy and Shinji is an all-powerful God who has all of Rei's abilities and more.
Pretty cool.
>>
>>139763315
They still were in the end product.
>>
>>139763378
Pretty fucking disgusting.
>>
>>139763400
No they weren't.
>>
>>139763427
Pretty fucking amazing, they should make an OVA of it.
>>
>>139763433
Their genome is almost the same, they're shown to develop from anthropoid embryos, Misato explicitly calls them alternate humans. Each angel was as closely related to humans as to other angels.
>>
>>139763901
That doesn't make them the same species
>>
>>139761941
Eva would have been a lot cooler if Shinji became Lilith at the end
>>
She went back to the future to make Shinji a man because Yui asked her to in the past.
>>
>>139748769
>All she does is make one-liners and show her tits.
What more do you want?
>>
>>139764343
That's what Rebuild is for.
>>
>>139750248
They're all battleships btw
Eva-Kancolle crossover movie confirmed.
>>
You know what's the worst thing about Rebuild?

Rebuild is so bad that Misato isn't even worth mentioning in an Eva thread anymore.

>Yfw Anno called Misato the second protagonist of Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
File: Shinji_AngelCore.jpg (89KB, 849x361px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shinji_AngelCore.jpg
89KB, 849x361px
>>139764481
Hooray.
>>
>>139764524
Airship Misato is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>139764343
He was already basically Lilin, directly picked by Lilith and Adam to represent the final angel and decide what it would be.
>>
>>139764825
It's funny how he ended up doing Lilith's job better than herself.
>>
>>139748769

If Shinji gets to be gay, so does Asuka.
>>
File: forever a clone.jpg (448KB, 500x908px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
forever a clone.jpg
448KB, 500x908px
>>139765120
>>
File: 1435449337673.jpg (356KB, 1350x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435449337673.jpg
356KB, 1350x1300px
>>139748769
Thank you Anno for the explicit fap fodder character bearing the name of Mari Illustrious Makinami.
>>
>>139765158

Only main characters get a husbando/waifu.
>>
File: 1459932768485.jpg (25KB, 514x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459932768485.jpg
25KB, 514x576px
>>139764588
Sorry, I'm not a FUCKIN NERD.
>>
>>139765158
Clone Harem end for Rei.
>>
>>139764524
>Liking Misato
>2016
>>
>>139765358
The perfect harem
>>
When you think of the Evangelion characters, do you lump them and their Rebuild counterparts together, or completely regard them as different characters?
>>
File: 1409526445744.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409526445744.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
>>139764524
No one likes Misato anymore nigger. That's why Kaji has the gays in Rebuild, not even he's interested anymore
>>
>>139765584
I dunno, they look the same right, so it doesn't matter when I masturbate to Asuka.
>>
>>139765584
Rei and Shinji seem to be just themselves in slightly different situations.
I see Soryu and Shikinami as different though, completely different character and talks with dolls, it needs an explanation.
>>
>>139765584
I haven't watched the Rebuilds and it seems like I dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>139765679
Kys.
>>
>>139764825
And that's the remodeled birthing half of Lilith that formed his body and squirted him out. He's like her most direct progeny, a double Lilin.
>>
>>139765751
I can't believe she actually wanted to fuck that naked twiggy body
>>
File: 1430706804468.png (441KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430706804468.png
441KB, 640x480px
Mari is Asuka and Shinji's daughter from the EoE timeline set to destroy everything in the Rebuild universe. That's the twist, you will like it.
>>
Isn't Mari just a clone of Asuka's mom?
>>
File: lol evangelion4.jpg (1MB, 1000x1546px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lol evangelion4.jpg
1MB, 1000x1546px
>>139748769
Mari plays the role of a lesbian rapist very well
>>
File: 1397174799162.jpg (113KB, 900x656px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397174799162.jpg
113KB, 900x656px
>>139765624
>>
>>139765794
She didn't want to, she was willing to
>>
>>139765835
No one was forcing her or even asked her to. She wanted to fuck it.
>>
File: le kaworu face.jpg (277KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
le kaworu face.jpg
277KB, 960x1280px
>>139765751
>that ass
>>
File: suzu.jpg (131KB, 400x615px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
suzu.jpg
131KB, 400x615px
>>139765802
I was convinced that was the case with Sakura at first. She looks so much like both.
>>
File: 32119353_p5.jpg (78KB, 492x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
32119353_p5.jpg
78KB, 492x600px
>>139765823
>>
>>139765888
No need to. She thought it was the best way to make Shinji feel better. That and the loneliness. She would've fucked the penguin too.
>>
>>139765816
I think it would be more appropriate for Asuka to be raped by a man.
>>
>>139765953
No, she was lonely and wanted to fuck Shinji's naked body. She calls him cute in the first episode. She wanted to fuck it.
>>
>>139765679
It bothers me. I don't like Shikinami nearly as much as Soryu, but she gets tons of great hentai.
>>
>>139765975
I think it'd be more appropriate for your skull to be raped by a bullet along with the crackshipper.
>>
>>139766009
>She calls him cute in the first episode.
Well who wouldn't
>>
>>139766117
Sounds like something fun to do to Assuka.
>>
they needed to add a good girl to it
>>
>>139765975
>more appropriate
>>
File: 1436526785638.jpg (2MB, 2053x1771px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436526785638.jpg
2MB, 2053x1771px
>>139766258
All of the girls were S-rank.
>>
>>139766662
If by all you mean Shinji, Rei, and Misato then yes.
>>
>>139766209
Just die already filenames kun.
>>
>>139766931
I didn't think there was anybody who could actually like her.
>>
File: Rei_I.png (53KB, 240x180px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rei_I.png
53KB, 240x180px
>>139766931
Ba-san 2.0 sucks
>>
>>139766931
>Reminder that she didn't give a shit about any of the pilots and was the only adult who didn't make an effort to reach out to them or comfort them
Ritshit
>>
>>139766931
Why do you like her?
>>
>>139767137
What's fucked is that she did a little, just that she always took the other side arguing with Misato. She at least thought more of Rei than Gendo did by considering her a person that could be killed.
>>
>>139767364
Would you hug a Ritsuko?
>>
>>139767364
>2D4U
I wouldn't trust this sub group
>>
>>139767765
How many times to you think Ritsuko and Gendo smashed per week?
>>
>>139767964
Enough to keep the bitch doing her job
>>
File: p036_i087.jpg (2MB, 2951x4366px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
p036_i087.jpg
2MB, 2951x4366px
>>139767964
Gendo was pushing 50, I wouldn't expect more than once.
>>
daily reminder Asukafags need to go home.
At least Loofags have an emotionless fuck doll, who wouldn't want that?
>>
>>139768153
Gendo's penis was magnum desu
>>
>>139768182
Fuck off faggot.
>>
File: 1460066778478.png (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460066778478.png
57KB, 800x800px
>When you realize Ritsuko was having 100x more sex than Misato was
Feels good man.
>>
File: 1436543412697.jpg (61KB, 507x853px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436543412697.jpg
61KB, 507x853px
>>139768392
Misato also has a bird that won't let her pet him and she calls Ritsuko a cat lady. Best friends.
>>
>>139748769
Mari shows less skin than any of the major characters.
>>
>>139750887
>— I heard that you had a very hard time with the creation of Mari’s character.

>Anno: Right. It was extremely difficult. Ever since I started the new films I had decided on this “one trick” where I would increase the count of female pilots by one with a new character. I felt that there was a danger where, if I didn’t do this, I would end up repeating the same story, and be unable to significantly change things. I felt that, even if I had to force it, if I didn’t throw a new Eva pilot as an extreme, foreign element into the films, then Eva would not significantly change. At the start, I feel like I forcibly thrust her into the story. The early drafts were so erratic that, being unrelated to the story, Mari’s very existence seemed to have no basis. Outside of the pre-title sequence, she practically did not appear at all. But because at the time I expected that, if she made more than a cameo appearance in the second part [2.0], I would be unable to develop Asuka or Shinji or someone else, I left things as they were. I figured that I should develop the new character from the third part [3.0] on, where the story would completely change. It would be easy to insert her there. Well, that was a thoroughly naive outlook.

>At any rate, when it came down to actually increasing her appearances, I couldn’t fit her in at all. It just wasn’t possible for her to appear. The original Evangelion had been more rigidly made than I had thought. There was no real margin for new elements to enter into the story or into the drama. I created the original series by selecting the best ways of doing things that I could think of at the time, so if I damaged one element, other elements would become damaged as part of a chain reaction. At the end, I started to get less and less interested in doing it.
>>
>>139769906
continued:

>
>This was difficult to deal with. The work was more than ten years old, but still, I had created it myself, so it wasn’t easy for me to damage. This isn’t self-congratulation - I was forced to again recognize that the “flow” was very well constructed. The original Evangelion was entirely created from my unembellished feelings and my improvised writings, so it was not completed according to a theory. As a result, I thought I would get other people, outsiders, to help me destroy it - Tsurumaki in particular. In addition, there’s parts of myself that are different compared to that time. So, I tried to change [Eva]. It was a battle with my so-called past self, my self eleven years ago. It took a great deal of inner strength.

He's just talking about changing the story when he says "destroy Eva," and Mari is just one element of that.
>>
>>139769906
>>139769977
This makes me angry, since she still doesn't fit. It's not like he fixed the problem. He just said "fuck it".
>>
>>139752005
>Kaworu is shallow, he's a bad character, and he's the reason 3.33 sucks.

He was a shallow piece of shit in NGE too. Only difference is that he taught Shinji to play piano.
>>
>>139769906
When Mari was forcibly thrust in, though, it was surrounded by neat shit at Bethany Base that suggested changes to the setting and background of Project E.
>>
>>139770276
You don't judge the other angels like that.
>>
Eva makes money and more characters means more money. The Rebuilds are basically cash-grabs anyway, might as well milk them for everything they're worth.
>>
>>139748769

Don't worry about it, OP. People are still trying to figure out the point of your existence too.
>>
File: p03.jpg (69KB, 837x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
p03.jpg
69KB, 837x1200px
>>139767765
She's too sullied to believe that right away, gotta pull her hair and bite her neck so she knows it's real first.
>>
>>139770745
Because the other angels don't cuck his waifu from his MC self-insert
>>
>>139748769
for fapping
>>
>>139772350
Rei was a bitch to Shinji, of course he wouldn't choose her
>>
>>139772510
Tell that to the Reifags, not me.
>>
>>139772510
Oh yeah, she wasn't the warmest after he intruded in her house, grabbed her most precious possession and then fell on her naked body.
>>
>>139748769

To show that there was more going outside of the original cast - and being best waifu.

Rei is a robot.

Asuka is a cunt and nothing more.
>>
>>139773907
He was just trying to give her the ID card, not his fault she tried to grab it like an untrained monkey
>>
>>139748806
>Merchandise?
>>139750775
>Apparently it's for merchandise.
>>139754047
>more merch of a chick in a plugsuit
Where?
>>
>>139769906
Man, why did he decide to the rebuilds AT ALL? The original series and The End of Evangelion was great as a completed series. He should have let it go...or at least not do a reboot.
>>
>>139775108
>reboot
Sequel
>>
>>139775108
L O D S OF E M O N E

WOTS THAT SPELL?

LOADS A MONEY! (PROB'LY!)

LOADSA LOADSA LOADSA

MONEY MONEY MONEY
>>
>>139774182
Why should she be nice to somebody who invaded her home?
>>
>>139775108
It saddens me that Anno is such a great director, but wasted his life on milking Evangelion.
>>
>>139775187
How?
>>
>>139775204
That's sad. He could have tried something new. Poor Eva.
>>
>>139775364
It's just a theory thrown around about it being timeloops. Nothing concrete though.
>>
>>139775552
So what you're saying is at the end of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 it will loop back to before the Rebuilds existed. Ayy.
>>
File: 1275490168334.jpg (209KB, 1020x1023px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1275490168334.jpg
209KB, 1020x1023px
>>139775786
I mean, it's not baseless. Kaworu says some suspicious shit.
>>
>>139775225
He was just trying to give the ID card
>>
>>139776060
Didn't Shinji do some time shit in the manga?
It will probably be something similar
>>
>>139776308
Yeah he resets everything and only seems to vaguely recognize Asuka when he stumbles upon her.
It's pretty annoying.
>>
>>139776433
Where did he get the power to reset anyway?
>>
File: EvaSeries.png (1016KB, 1167x527px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
EvaSeries.png
1016KB, 1167x527px
>>139776497
It's more of a rebuild than a reset.
>>
>>139776497
Same place he ever got any power; a woman who loved him gave it to him.
>>
>>139777234
Evangelion is literally tumblr
>>
>>139777306
Best part is it applies to Gendo, too.
>>
File: eva homos.jpg (2MB, 3537x6680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
eva homos.jpg
2MB, 3537x6680px
>>139777306
You're just realizing this now?
>>
Scenario: What if Rei I ended up surviving her fatal encounter with Naoko, or the incident was averted entirely?
How would she have developed?
What would change story-wise?
>>
>>139778332
She'd be a way better character than the Rei we actually got.
>>
>>139777306
Tumblr only like Kawoshin. Good for them that Rebuild retconned Kawoshin as the center of the entire Eva universe. Goodbye hedgehog dilemma
>>
>>139778332
I have a feeling she'd be more like [spoilerEVAbridged Rei[/spoiler]

Rei: "So, do you always introduce yourself by pushing people down?"

Shinji: "This isn't what it looks like!"

R: Oh? Cause from my view, you're on top of me, I'm naked, you have an erection, My underwear is scattered everywhere, and you just reached second base. Did I miss anything?

S: B-but..

R: You could at least take a girl to dinner before you have your way with her, or at least some small talk.

S: ...So, nice weather we're havi..

R: [interrupts]That was a joke. But you DO have your hand on my breast

[awkward silence]

S: Well, this is awkward

R: WILL YOU GET OFF ME?!

S: AHH! YES'M
>>
>>139778968
Don't forget Asuka.
>>
>>139779079
Unsurprising considering Asuka is just tumblr in 2D format.
>>
>>139778968
General rule of thumb: the actual story quality of an Eva-verse series is inversely proportional to the amount of screen time Kaworu gets.

Despite the fact that he is a generally good character, he seems to bring a curse onto any series in which he has more than 20 minutes screen time.
>>
File: 19073575700.png (53KB, 337x317px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
19073575700.png
53KB, 337x317px
>>139779394
>he is a generally good character
>>
>>139778332
If she didn't die she wouldn't grow up spooked and questioning her existence. She could have been running to school with toast in her mouth every day.
>>
>>139779394
Except the main thing people complain about in regards to Kaworu is how little screentime he got in episode 24, too little to actually care about him or Shinji's attachment to him.
Everyone agrees that whole arc would have been better if he was introduced earlier.
>>
>>139748769
>What the fuck was the point of Mari?
To give the series it's first likable character. Unfortunately her charms don't work on the autistic, and that's like 90% of the fanbase.
>>
>>139779140
Nice samefag filenames kun. Ebin.
>>
>>139779648
Most of the people you've talked to about Kaworu had that in the manga. They complained about it not matching their headcanons about a character with no background or arc who existed for 20 minutes.
>>
>>139779968
Kaworu was a completely different character in the manga but people still liked him over Anime Kaworu in part because he had more time to be fleshed out.
>>
>>139754609
>just look at her melons
both are the same characters anon.
Except the rebuild versions have been rebuilt.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 57


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.