[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen Urobuchi New Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: newanimeinfeb.png (604KB, 591x721px) Image search: [Google]
newanimeinfeb.png
604KB, 591x721px
Butcher's new anime will be announced in February.
>>
k
>>
Let me guess, it's an Aniplex title where he wrote all of 3 lines of script and they'll promote that to hell and back.
>>
>>135472655
Any info about the anime other than its announcement date?
>>
>>135473402
Butcher wrote all 12 episodes
>>
One trick pony
>>
>>135473899
>[citation needed]
I'm not getting duped again.
>>
>>135473899
I already knew that
>>
>>135474079
He said so in a previous tweet.
>>
>>135473383

Almost certainly
>>
Butcher really needs to regain his artistic integrity.
Shit like Rebellion and AZ ruined his image.
>>
Butcher should just pull a Takahiro and go full soft for a month or two
>>
I care only a little
>>
>>135474585
>go full soft

Already did in EFP.
>>
>Implying it won't be Psycho-Pass 3

There you go I gave you the anime he's going to do.
>>
>>135475425
You mean Psycho-Pass 2, right?
>>
File: 1450982573501.jpg (55KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
1450982573501.jpg
55KB, 800x507px
This dude is done.

Just look at the hype Okada shows get in comparison.
>>
I care more about what he'll bring to Concrete Revolutio considering his opinions on heroes. http://pastebin.com/LCRJigxy
>>
>>135475716
Tell me that one Okada show that sold 10000 units? Okada's sales are barely hitting yuki yuna, a cheap version of Madoka, imagine ever reaching Urobuchi's best works
>>
>>135475796
Damn, I knew madokafags were newfags but I didn't think it was this bad.
>>
>>135472655
I could not careless, Gen is old and busted.

Okada is the new saviour of anime.
>>
>>135475796
>Tell me that one Okada show that sold 10000 units?
That'd be Kiznaiver.

Okada will BTFO Gen in 2016.
>>
>>135474482
>Rebellion ruined his image.
You can't be serious.
>>
>>135476103

Not that anon, but I get what he's getting at. Rebellion pretty much felt like a cash-in on an already complete work that needed no sequel. That "plot twist" at the very end was kinda shit and ultimately gratuitous.
>>
>>135475796
You are retarded in many ways.
>>
>>135476041
but okada has been writing since forty years ago
>>
>>135474482
This is the same man that wrote a children's tv show for a year. Who cares what he does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFJ7VxQZlk
>>
>>135475796
As far as I remember, there's more than one but since you're only asking only for one: AnoHana.
>>
What are the chances it will be Saya no Uta the anime?
>>
File: 1142.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1142.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
I don't want another Psycho Pass horror show.
>>
>>135476858
Why, so everyone can call his edgyness "masterful writing"?
>>
>>135477108
No, I just want to see my waifu animated
>>
>>135477108
It's fundamentally a monster musume with some tough scenes. Not that edge when compared to his other work.
>>
>>135476858
Expect Pupa tier censorship. Or nothing at all. You really should expect nothing at all. Koji is the true MC
>>
>>135477108

Guy is a fucking eroge writer that got a couple of good shows off in Psycho Pass Season 1 and Madoka TV 3-4 years ago where he was surrounded by other talented people, especially with Psycho Pass where it was tons of industry vets from the GiTS team. Since then he's basically just become this borderline brand/meme that has only become more polarizing with time. I don't think any particular anime should be all about one person and their cult of personality but that's kind of how it is with some of these hyper promoted people like pretty much anyone that was involved in one of the big bloated Aniplex projects of the last 5 years. We all know the names by now, Urobuchi, Sawano, Kajiura, Shinbo, Iwakami, Aoki and a host of other eroge and light novel writers that are about to fall of the map it seems.
>>
>>135476321

It wasn't even a few years ago where it felt like Okada was writing practically 3-4 anime a season. Man people really are new or have an incredibly limited long term memory, neither would surprise me really given how dumb anime fans are lately.
>>
>>135477715
Literally every thing he's been involved with since Madoka has been somewhere between "successful" and "incredibly successful".
>>
>>135477715
He did F/Z as well.

I'll definitely agree with you though, nothing he's been involved with recently has been even remotely impressive.

>any particular anime should be all about one person
I don't know if I'd agree with this though, in the end an anime can only be as good as the story that was written for it, which is normally going to be done by one person.
>>
>>135476041

It's kind of funny that people were complaining so much about Okada a few years ago and now this wave of eroge writers that have just been absolutely bombing it lately has been judged to be so bad that people just want Okada back at this point and she seems to be the only one they can turn too because who the fuck wants to write in the anime industry anymore and get pigeonholed into pandering to otaku and not the stuff they might actually want to write about. So yeah your move now Okada.
>>
>>135477968
>an anime can only be as good as the story that was written for it, which is normally going to be done by one person
This is wrong, there's concept writers and script writers, usually multiple of them.
Also the director has more control over the quality of a show.
>>
>>135477966

Yeah just because the guy has a ton of fanboys that unconditionally support him from the eroge scene like Maeda or other contemporaries doesn't mean his works are going to be universally acclaimed by everyone. Seriously the last thing he worked on that I actually overall liked was Psycho Pass Season 1. Since then he's been a pure brand name or has been churning out bland inconclusive uninspired crap like Expelled from Paradise or the Psycho Pass movie.
>>
>>135478055
Okada should write entire scripts herself more often.
Looking forward to Kiznaiver.
>>
>>135477966
>Literally every thing he's been involved with since Madoka has been somewhere between "successful" and "incredibly successful"
I thought AZ panned hard after that ending
>>
>>135478177
>like Maeda
Charlotte was worse than Psycho Pass movie. And it's one of the best selling originals of the year. Maeda truly is a hack
>>
>>135478158

Yeah most anime have several script and concept writers etc with somebody usually assigned to oversee them. Personally I'm not convinced they aren't just placeholders and compilers for the production committee who are actually deciding the course of shows on the fly and reacting to market trends and fan feedback and what not.
>>
Since when did these "Good scriptwriter" things become to an issue?

Just name ten anime scriptwriters without google if you can. You know there are much more than ten in the industry right?
>>
>>135476339
>This is the same man that wrote a children's tv show for a year. Who cares what he does.

I want Urobuchi to write for a Precure series
>>
>>135478325

Yes because like Urobuchi when he actually writes scripts no matter what Maeda is guaranteed a certain base level of support from his own scene as long as he's directly credited with the script of a show hence why Charlotte is the most successful original anime by default in a year where pretty much everything else bombed cause it lacked otaku pandering brand power. The only thing we really found out this year is that the actual base guarantee Maeda is afforded is actually far lower than Angel Beats made it appear back in 2010 when the anime BD scene was peaking. Like 5 times lower.

I'm fully convinced that's the only reason all these people are being brought in from the eroge and LN scene of late where fans are known to be extremely obsessive about the most popular stuff and creators. It's so that blind idiot fanboys who are the target consumer will buy their potentially and probably dogshit shows by default and the producers and staff have several less things to worry about and can ignore the criticism from the people that won't be buying it anyway. Seriously no need to worry about the script or how it holds together when you are absolutely guaranteed success just because of the names on the box.

This is also why the mainstream and frankly I can't really take anime very seriously as an entertainment medium anymore. It's just so one dimensional and backwards in it's approach to making a show far too often and it's not aimed at you, it's aimed at a specific mouth breathing otaku that worships the writers every written word as gospel.
>>
>>135478692
>I want Urobuchi to write for a Precure series
NO
>>
>>135476339
Fuck you dumbass, this is arguably his best work
>>
>>135478934
Anime plebs can't grasp just how fun and great Toku is
>>
>>135478692
Fuck that, I want Okada to write a Precure series.
>>
File: 1447013234131.jpg (103KB, 720x520px) Image search: [Google]
1447013234131.jpg
103KB, 720x520px
Will it be yuri?
>>
>>135478764

At this point the eroge and LN scenes which were supposed to be married with the anime scene are kind of just overtaking the anime scene which has no staying power or exceptional talents of it's own anymore. Most of the old vets have started retiring, dying off or just aren't even recognized anymore in the last couple of years and pretty much the only core anime industry name of the current generation that comes to mind of late as a big deal and remotely recognizable is Mari Okada and maybe Mamoru Hosoda who only works in mainstream movies.

By comparison names like Gen Urobuchi, Jun Maeda, Hajime Isayama, Nisioisin and Kawahara Reki are pretty huge and well known and overshadow anything the anime industry has to offer. The anime scene kind of can't survive without letting the music, LN and eroge industry overtake it with it's key people and brands and what not at this point, there's just too much of a dearth of personnel and recognized people of talent and means. Not to say that those other industries people are great, but boy if they aren't more recognized and have more fans.

Then again judging by this year it still might not be enough. It's just like nobody really seems takes anime remotely seriously in Japan lately and haven't been given much reason too either. It's either something has to change or I just see the core anime fanbase moving on to other hobbies while the LN and Eroge one comes in to replace it for a few years before the whole thing just inevitably folds up on itself.
>>
>>135478764
Because other entertainment mediums sure aren't doing the same shit or worse?
I much prefer see anime selling on their staff names than games selling because it had a lot of TV spots.
Those guys got noticed for a good reason, believe it or not.
>>
>>135478934
I liked Gaim for what it was. That's my point, who cares what he does because he can do it well.
>>
>>135478934
How can it be his best work when Kabuto is way better than Gaim?
>>
>>135479519
Agito is still the best one though. And that was written by Toshiki "Complete Misunderstandings Trainwreck" Inoue.
>>
>>135479229
Why do you care so much about the creator's background? Of course a lot of them would start working on more accessible mediums first.
Do you think movie scriptwriter never wrote books before starting their movie career or what?
>>
>announcing announcements
>>
Happy New Year to you too, Anti-Aniplex-kun. Looking forward to another year of shitposting out of you.
>>
>>135478764
>Symphogear GX was the best selling show of the summer season
Says a lot about the current state of Anime, and I like Symphogear.
>>
>>135476858

Extremely unlikely. I don't think you could adapt Saya no Uta without the loli sex scenes, they were pretty instrumental in showing that Fuminori's sense of disgust was flipped both externally and internally.

What would they replace them with? Everything but Saya looks like shit to him, so he has to do something obscene to her to show that his issues are deeper than just 'everything looks like shit so I don't give a fuck', and it's a love story so he can't do anything that would hurt their relationship.
>>
>>135479797
>Symphogear GX sold well

I-is this true, anon? It fell flat in a lot of places but it was still very much Symphogear.

I feel bad for Kaneko, though. He's been looking for a way off this ride from day one. He wrote the original plot as an quick example for Agematsu, reluctant to sign onto the original business proposal, didn't expect the show to sell well enough for a season 2, didn't expect the show to sell well enough for a season 3, didn't ask for any of this, and just wants to go home and write JRPGs.
>>
>>135480265
Symphogear just got a season 2 because the staff insisted, S1 was a flop. Season 2 sold well and GX sold even better
>>
>>135478764
Why must everything be aimed at you? The fact that a company might focus on a niche that doesn't include you is so triggering?

The strength of anime is that it focuses on smaller focus groups, if that changes the whole thing becomes pointless
>>
>>135479905

More fundamentally there's no real reason to adapt it to anime because Saya no Uta is too old to advertise.

Even if there was, it'd have to be an OVA or a movie, because the source material is too short for anything longer than that. At that point it's not worth it.

I guess if for some completely unknown reason Nitroplus wanted to adapt it, they could do what Light did with Dies Irae and start a crowdfunding project. In the western community Saya no Uta is one of the more well known VNs among low level weeaboos because "omg so cute but creepy xD" (despite entirely ignoring the narrative merit of the work, but that's neither here nor there), so I figure kickstarter would probably be reasonably successful with the crowd that wants to see their waifu get animated.
>>
>>135472655
Whatever, I was done with dude after Gaim. Fuck him.
>>
>>135480994

That's surprising. I know Urobuchi is a very polarizing writer, but even the people I talk to that hate the guy's guts liked Gaim alot.
>>
>>135480816
>Q: Will there ever be an anime adaption of Saya no Uta?
>A: Because of the contents, there is no way a producer will risk their money on that.

>[Note: Addition from the second panel, where the same question was asked, starts here:] When the comic version was released in America, we thought about doing another adaption if it's accepted well, possibly a live-action adaption, but it did not turn out this way. [Note: Shouts from the audience for a kickstarter; Takaki Kosaka added laughing that he still tries his best for a possible live-action-adaption]

from https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Nitro%2B_Q%26A_Panels_at_Animagic_2013
>>
Okada vs Urobuchi threads are going to be HYPER cancer
>>
>>135476235
>That "plot twist" at the very end was kinda shit and ultimately gratuitous.
Hello Reddit
>>
>>135481907

Even if fans fund it, who would air it? It would have to be an OVA release most likely.
>>
>>135480462
I thought it was because even though S1 BD sales were shit, the character songs sold really well, thanks to the Nana, so they wanted another season to market more of those.
>>
>>135474482
but he barely did anything with AZ
>>
>>135480994
The ride was great while it lasted. To bad the ending fell flat by completely ignoring most of the buildup to that point and basically being Urobuchi writes Madoka's ending again, which was already Urobuchi writing Ryuki's ending.
>>
>>135474482
He left A/zzz after third episode
>>
>>135482732
>>135483762
But he is still associated with it.
He sold his name.
>>
Happy SoL Madoka S2 when
>>
>>135472655
Will be a original i guess, after mahou shoujo and cyberpunk i wonder what's next
At least this looks like a anime what is really made by him, i hope
>>
>>135484647
Cute goddesses causing cute suffering
>>
literally announcing an announcement
>>
>>135478325
>implying the psycho pass movie was bad outside of the gratuitous engrish
>>
>>135485498
It was terrible.
>>
>>135485734
season 2 was terrible, the movie was fine fuck off
>>
>>135481973
>People name Urobuchi as an eroge writer
>they don't know Mari Okada comes from these backgrounds too but she left them long time ago
I really like Okada, but she was in the 3D industry by that time.
>>
>>135485921
Both were terrible, just like S1.
>>
>>135486038
don't you have a 3x3 thread to circlejerk in or something
>>
>>135485999
>they don't know Mari Okada comes from these backgrounds too but she left them long time ago
Really?
>>
>>135486197
>talks about writers
>they don't read their interviews
Yes. She worked on adult stuffs, erotic games and such if I recall correctly. She also got a job as a director one time (not anime), but she got her first foot in the industry as scriptwriter then she decided to go full with anime. Her name got big with True Tears in which she was the series compositor but at the same time gave her a 'cuck fetish' because her original plans for that series were changed because the scriptwriters for certain episodes decided to take a different path to want she wanted.
>>
>>135472655
Will this be new madoka original thing?
>>
Man, I just want Chiaki J. Konaka to be a series compositor of an original anime. I really miss him.
>>
>>135486400
I never knew she worked on eroge.
>>
>>135472655
An announcement of an announcement. Okay.
>>
>>135486400
>>135486567
AnoHana was supposed to have erotic elements to it.

Fucking why can't she have what she wants?
>>
>>135486400
Damn
>>
To all the people who complain about an announcement of an announcement
This is no countdown for that, This is just some tweet from Uro. He can't very well do the actual announcement on Twitter. Just build up hype like this among his fans (Who else is gonna read his twitter anyway?)
>>
>>135484408
Never. S3 would have Homura finally achieve some form of inner peace, but the suffering train will go non-stop for all of S2.
>>
File: ????.jpg (3MB, 3348x1578px) Image search: [Google]
????.jpg
3MB, 3348x1578px
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Marriage Story
>>
>>135486567
She used a pen-name, which she needed to change because it didn't turn on her boss
>>135486746
I don't know.
>>135486833
Damn son.

This is what Okada wrote long time ago.
http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_c.php?num_c=237315
>からん 花嫁は冷たい瞳(2000)
>erotic
>>
File: 1438354511104.jpg (26KB, 341x268px) Image search: [Google]
1438354511104.jpg
26KB, 341x268px
>>135487082
>>
>>135478270
>Okada should write entire scripts herself more often.
What is Canaan?
>>
File: CUql_VUVEAE3dxG.jpg (125KB, 574x838px) Image search: [Google]
CUql_VUVEAE3dxG.jpg
125KB, 574x838px
>>135487350
Pretty much how S2 is looking to go, alongside Gilgamami and Masked Sayaka.
>>
>>135487486
>Masked Sayaka
Goddamn Butcher and his KR fetish
>>
>>135487415
an anime from 6 years ago
>>
>>135472655
>mami figure

Patrician
>>
>>135472655
He said maybe February, it was supposed to be announced earlier in 2015 but it didn't meet the deadline.

>>135487415
Canaan is based on a route from some VN.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.