[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a high fantasy show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 19

File: chris.png (398KB, 980x785px) Image search: [Google]
chris.png
398KB, 980x785px
About an otaku who travels to a magical land where his otaku knowledge is of value.

Why they keeping doing that? Just by making the MC some random farming boy like in classic RPGs all this things would improve a lot.
>>
There are two shows of those this season
>>
It's a parody. Don't take it so seriously.
>>
>>135433964
FFTA anime when?
>>
File: deedlit23.jpg (46KB, 612x477px) Image search: [Google]
deedlit23.jpg
46KB, 612x477px
>>135434504
>Two shows
I wish

>God’s Blessing On This Wonderful World
Otaku travels to magical land
>Phnatasy Star
Highschoolers play a MMROPG
>Gate
Otaku ranger travels again to a magical land
>Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
A group of highschoolers wake up in a magical land

I miss 90s
>>
File: 1450010135613.jpg (368KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450010135613.jpg
368KB, 640x720px
Long as filthy otakus are the main consumers we have to deal with this shit.
Shame that pandering sells.
>>
>>135435714
Not posting deedlit in 1080p. Shaking my head.

>Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Nice visuals, could be alright.
>>
>>135435714

Grimgar seems to be massively hyped, even though 6 months ago I doubt any fucker had heard of it. Is that because of A1? Or because of SAO/NGNL/Gate/Overlord?
>>
>>135435714
>>Phnatasy Star
>Highschoolers play a MMROPG

They're going in that direction instead of just making it about the world of the MMO?

also fuck I need to actually try playing it now that I got it working
>>
>>135435714
Fantasy worlds are a diamond dozen, no one cares unless there's gimmicks.
>>
>>135435867
Aiura Director maybe.
>>
>>135435867
Grimgar has a few novels translated. So people hyping it up are those who read it.

My personal opinion is that it's pretty decent. Better than Overlord in terms of characters. There's a lot in the angst department though and it's not a very humorous series.
>>
>>135435867
I only heard about it in LN threads before niggers began discussing the animay.
>>135435908
I think the whole Fantasy-MMO combination is really appealing because you can use terms to discuss the power levels easily and the MC often gets some abuse mechanics that give the feeling of the MC having to survive on his wits and discover the nature of the world to continue the journey.
So inevitably you relate to the MC via shared culture, and you discover the mechanic along with the MC, then you theorycraft or watch the as the MC figures out how to cheat the fuck out of the system and eventually snag bitches in addition to saving the world.
>>
>>135433964
>Otaku travel to a magical land
>His knowledge is useless and he has to relearn everything in order to adapt and face new trials.
That alone would be so much more interesting.
>>
>>135436252
>salaryman travel to a magical land
>he has no knowledge of game or rpg mechanics and has to learn and adapt to face new trials
>>
>>135436252
>otaku travels to magic land
>he needs really good social skills and has to build strong social relationships in order to advance
>can't fight at all
>story ends with him with a semi decent job being a cog in the new society
>>
Thanks for reminding me that Outbreak Company will never get a second season.
>>
I guess I'll pass on this one, thanks.
>>
>>135433964
>>135435714
>I want the MC to be the most generic possible character in Western fantasy instead of the most generic possible character in LN fantasy
It doesn't fucking matter, they've both been done to absolute death.
>>
>>135436437
oh ye of little faith
miracles exist in this world
just because this one did not come true yet,
does not mean that one day it won't
>>
>>135436574
>miracles exist in this world
I know, that's why I want a second season.
>>
>>135433964
I want to gift Eris with a wonderful blessing!
>>
>>135436527
Protagonist of Gifting is great. He actually doesn't get overshadowed by the characters around him in terms of personality, unlike the battleshit harems this previous season.
>>
>>135433964
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>135435885
Wait, is that new Phantasy Star game finally out? I played the shit out of it on Gamecube back in the day.
>>
>>135436527
I like Takeda the Wizard's mc. Total loser, doesn't give much of a fuck, rather dumb, turns down sex constantly and is unattractive.
His main goal is to be pretty and young. He's OP but he only uses his powers to fuck with people.
>>
File: 1437179179251.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437179179251.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>135433964
Most otaku tend to play female characters in video games, right? Just look at /a/, when you dweebs play an MMO together like 99% of you play a loli or a catgirl or a loli catgirl.
And reincarnation into a fantasy "video game" setting genre is the next big fad, right?
So where are all the anime where the MC gets reincarnated as his cute female video game character?

I can think of some stuff that's close enough, like that one lesbian tranny that plays a male character in .hack//Sign and that one alien that plays MC's female vampire alt in Log Horizon, but where are all the straight heterosexual male MCs who play little girls?
>>
>>135436527
No, you don't understand, otaku don't read YA, so that means it's objectively better and not rehashed pandering garbage.
>>
>>135433964
Danmachi maybe?
>>
>>135436252
I thought grimgal was like this.
I actually was about to pick it up before the anime announcement but forgot about it.
>>
>>135436809
I was so fucking disappointed by Danmachi. I wanted a show about hitting on girls in a dungeon, not SAO.
>>
>>135436252
It really wouldn't, that's just a random person going to a fantasy world and isn't anything special. People really seem to think that "it's a cliche, but not actually" is a much stronger premise than it is.
>>
File: 1449328096276.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449328096276.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>135435908
>a diamond dozen
>>
>>135436252
MC's knowledge is useless tough.
>>
>>135436870
Well you know what they say about anime with excessively long names. Don't expect too much.
>>
>>135436870
this so much
I thought The MC is going to be a pervy fag who always flirts with females who go into dungeons, or he picks up dungeon guardian girls, or monstergirls, or ah whatever, fortget it.
Damn misleading title.

>>135436876
I think the only good one so far was Ixion saga, it was really entertaining.
>>
>>135436783
Knights and Magic MC turns into a trap but he's mechasexual
side character in kumo turns into a girl and falls in love with his best friend
>>135436876
often the MC will bring out the culture of nipprawn to the new world anyways to increase his standard of living
Some MCs end up changing the culture, others don't give a fuck, and the worst use the culture to their advantage like in Slave harem.
>>
>>135436870
Danmachi sucks but i swear that Sword Oratoria is the best thing ever as long as that rabbit faggot does not appear.A pity that it does not have an anime.
>>
>>135433964
I want to marry Eris.
>>
>>135437000
To be fair the real title was more along " is it fine to expect a fated encounter with a girl in the labyrinth" instead. Blame yenpress guys who can't into translation.
>>
>>135435791

That's the primary reason that older anime was at least decent on average, just people making shit because it's what they wanted to do, now it's all meticulously crafted towards pandering to otaku/fujo demographics and transparently so. Really the fact that it's so blatantly obvious in a lot of the big dumb supposedly blockbuster franchises people lose their shit over is the heart of the problem cause it can take you out of something really fast when the pandering is as fucking transparent as it's become and the fanservice IS the show rather than an occasional aspect of it.

Takes a lot of the intrigue and mystery out of it too when you kind of know what's going to happen either because it's based on some super popular franchise that fanatics won't shut the fuck up about (i.e Fate) or that things are probably going to get entirely sidetracked for commercial purposes at the drop of a hat (Charlotte, Aldnoah etc.). Also number one priority nowadays is the character design, not the directing, scripting, composing or anything that might matter somewhat in other higher reaching mediums looking for a larger audiences than just some shut in otaku. Get waifu/husbando, get otaku, get gold rinse repeat.

Of course all of this triggers /a/ because it relishes playing the role of the stereotypical otaku with stupid priorities and hangups.
>>
>>135437107
Good news for you.
http://www.fwinc.co.jp/water-pillow/
>>
>>135435867

Cause it's the A-1 hype blockbuster of the season yes. You should be used to this by now, they always overpromote the fuck out of things and then we get shit like Charlotte, A/Z and Asterisk. The only difference here seems to be that Warner Bros might be the primary producer behind it.
>>
File: 03.jpg (619KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
619KB, 800x1137px
>>135437107
>>135437190
>>
>>135437067
>Sword Oratoria
wiki makes it seem like the story from vanilla ice creams perspective, why do you think its so good?
>>135437166
It was always like this. I don't think anything has changed. There was always a strong otaku influence in the industry, the otaku themselves merely evolved.
>>
>>135436010

So same old same old, nothing to see here really. Every time people lose their shit over some obscure LN and hype it up it turns out to be downright awful or at best nothing special that's really just circlejerking it over something they think is closer to them and that they are the defender of the canon on because it's so obscure.
>>
>>135437200
>Aniplex blockbuster like these other shows
>only difference is it might not be an Aniplex show
>>
File: Outbreak_Company_-_02_-_Large_18.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Outbreak_Company_-_02_-_Large_18.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>135435791

>tfw pandering
>tfw didnt sell

god damn nips and their shit taste
>>
>>135437166
You are so fucking retarded it hurts.
>>
>>135437166
Give evidence and specific examples/statistics or you're spouting bullshit.
>>
>>135437259
1) Cause there is real plot
2)The twins and elf grill
3)I love the manga art or sword oratoria (one of my favourite artists)
Just try the manga of sword oratoria, it is way better of main one.
>>
>>135434558
>it's a parody

this is literally every anime's excuse for being garbage. oh its a parody of other anime cliches and tropes, we're paying homage! nope, just a fucking generic copy

i thought hayate butler was a parody for a while. im like "haha its okay because thats what other animes do"
>>
>>135437166
It was always there, there's 10x more anime airing per season now than back then so you see a lot of the shitter adaptations.
>>
>>135437000

That's because the MC was a real character instead of a self-insert and there were no harem elements. Probably also why it wasn't very popular.
>>
>>135437466
Just how people excuse EVA being shit, "I-IT'S A DECONSTRUCTION G-G-GUYS!"
>>
>>135437345
I refuse because I don't like the idea of Aiz getting screentime at all.
>>135437276
After reading LNs/Translations nigh non-stop since getting into Overlord I think there's a addictive effect involved in WNs thats similar to MMOs or harem anime. It simply touches upon certain desires in certain people, so naturally people who don't have a high affinity for that MMO style or a love of character interaction and the analyzation of mechanics of how the world works are simply people that can't get into it.
For people like me, I could read this sort of thing forever and I get an emotional high from it, similar to gambling I guess.
So I think its no wonder that people who go in expecting an actual story are confused.
>>
video game based fantasy is so terrible

it fucking adds nothing except people talk in game terms which is annoying as well as remove any sense of danger and any attempt to restore that sense is laughable like sao

stories where the mc is a normal dude taken to a fantasy world are fucking dumb too because all that accomplishes is fish out of water jokes for the 1st episode and an ending where the mc makes a choice to leave or stay
>>
>>135437504
You forgot Saekano, monogatari , ping pong etc.
>>
>>135437555
Ping pong wasn't a deconstruction though, it just did everything really well.
>>
>>135437296
Outbreak company was actually good, it was funny and entertaining.
Why its always like this, that the MC must be superpowered and always super duper serious with Mary Sue and Gary Stu clones?

Its true that I'm a comedyfag I really love silly stuff and shows that make me laugh, so I can't see really the appeal or japan and other fanbases have shit taste and want to self insert?
>>
>>135437572
>sarcasm
>>
>>135436741
PSO2 has been out for a few years now.
>>
>>135437259

The difference is that nowadays they're literally running the industry since a lot of the biggest shot writers in anime now are eroge or LN industry people and the producers just look at the potential fan groups as statistics, demographics and numbers like they're playing a game of poker and trying to build the winning hand out of the right combination of demographics to bilk the most money possible out of them in the shortest amount of time. Their sole creative and artistic instinct is how to pander/market and they understand nothing of how to run an actual show that might stand the test of time or attract different or newer fans to anime so much as something disposable but nonetheless profitable for some external reason. It kind of makes my skin crawl a little whenever I see one of those interviews with some Aniplex producer or something and they're talking like they're some sort of grand visionary for combining x fanatic group with y fanatic group to create a meager hit that's really just some mediocre shlock, hence all the samey schlock and terrible originals that fall apart quickly.

Go read some of the interviews about Guilty Crown or Aldnoah Zero in particular if you're an anorexic and really just feel like puking with ease. It's all so cold businesslike and borderline delusional, like there's really little difference to me between the mass production approach of eroge and LN's and the anime industry now that the producers have successfully married the two for a fully integrated pandering machine as they move towards marketing mobage as the primary source of income.

Pretty soon everything will have some sort of tie-in shitty pachinko like mobage to go with it too, it's already kind of like that.
>>
>>135437604
>outbreak company mc
>not a self insert
pick one
>>
>>135437321

If only some /a/ poster just giving a generic insult reply would stick with me longer than the time it takes to type this reply you might have hurt my feelings or something.

>>135437334

I literally did, you just didn't read like a typical /a/ poster
>>
>>135437627
Name me one LN person who's a big shot anime writer.
>>
>>135437677
Urobuchi
>>
>>135437662
Okay, you need me to spell it out for you? Give sufficient evidence to demonstrate what old shows were like and what new shows are like and how they differ.
>>
>>135437482
Well it was a game promo, hell I don't even know if the game was actually successful or not.
it was one big pleasant disappointment.

>>135437660
>implying gotakus want to self insert into someone which reminds them about themselves, with no gary stu elements
imlaffin
>>
>>135437536

Oh absolutely, there's no doubt some of the bigger producers with large resources like Aniplex and Bandai haven't been focus grouping the crap out of their character designs, business plans and even little details you wouldn't think would matter to most people but are crucial to baiting otaku and addicting them. There's no other way to explain things like Love Live, GuP or Madoka Magica really, though the one thing they all have in common for sure is that people really like the character designs a fucking lot. I mean these franchises are essentially built around the fact that obsessive otaku want to draw fanart of the characters and collect images with their names on them in cell phone games and the like.
>>
>>135437721
I was thinking of him as VN, but now there's no way to show that without sounding like I'm moving the goalposts, so fine, I fucked up there. My point was going to be that LN guys, especially the popular new wave ones, are staying in their habitat because they're largely complete amateurs and no one wants to hand them something important.
>>
>>135437806
>reminds them of themselves
wow i didn't know the government actually gave otakus jobs to go to a fantasy world and get a harem!
>>
>>135435714
>I miss 90s

It was packed with "normal nerd highschool student travels to other world and becomes a hero" and this was used far more often than it is now, especially in the late 90s.

The only thing that has changed is the use of an otaku pandering protag instead of a normalfag nerd protag. This probably has more to do with "nerd stereotypes" changing in Japan.

The 90s school kids who got sent to other worlds were always shit at sports, loners, depressed, etc and modern anime simply brands them as otaku as a reason for them to be outcast loners.
>>
>>135437572
I'd argue that all those are just good shows.
I think /a/ uses 'deconstruction' and parody as a buzz word for something that tries to be original and they don't like the result.
Yet /a/ also hates anything generic.
>>135437627
>Pretty soon everything will have some sort of tie-in shitty pachinko like mobage to go with it too, it's already kind of like that.
>Go read some of the interviews about Guilty Crown or Aldnoah Zero in particular if you're an anorexic and really just feel like puking with ease. It's all so cold businesslike and borderline delusional
Like I said man, always the same as usual. there are always people in the center of the industry who believe they can only follow trends and there are always people on the ends of the spectrum doing fantastic work. Its a huge cycle. if you want to look at shit like guilty crown of course you're going to be dissapointed, those people are not there to make good shows they are there because they give into the pressures to make a dollar.
Good shows come from people who can manage to handle the pressure and are able to create scenes and characters with charm. they will always be the minority.
This doesn't even take into account things like Japans beliefs on what the market wants and such thing, and the industry has always been hard to monetize so anything they can sell is welcome to me. They wouldn't have turned to figures or keychains if they didn't have to.
>>135437769
It doesn't matter what he says at this point, its going to be "my show I liked back then was good and this show now is one I don't like as much" you're just wasting your posts.
>>135437818
good point, but thats just an evolution of the industry its not necessarily a bad thing at all, just different. All anime isn't eva after all.
>>135437876
What about Those Who Strip Elves? It was a jock, a military otaku girl, and a female actor.
>>
>>135437627
Every time I see a post like this it's got the same fucking buzzwords and constructions, to the point where I'm starting to wonder if they aren't all being constructed by the same person or group like some sort of massive shitposting scheme of some sort.
>>
>>135437555

None of these strike me as deconstructions so much as attempted witty meta lampshading drivel and I wouldn't really include Ping Pong in that distinction at all. The other two though absolutely, and boy if anime fans don't seem to love that sort of shit and can't tell that it's still pandering, just smugly self-aware pandering which apparently somehow makes it better or something.

I don't know, fanatic otaku types are hard to understand and rationalize. They've written dozens of books on them in Japan and they're still no closer to building much of a consensus on the phenomenon since it can be so fucking fickle. One second your on top of the otaku world and the next you could be turfed because of some perceived slight against the fanbase like the main heroines seiyuu getting married, another character getting popular and taking your place at the wrong time or fujoshi moving on to the next thing cause that's what they do.
>>
>>135437952
>What about Those Who Strip Elves? It was a jock, a military otaku girl, and a female actor.

That was a rare exception and more of a parody of the already over-used genre.
>>
>>135437952
>I'd argue that all those are just good shows.
I'd disagree with Saekano, but the rest are good.

>It doesn't matter what he says at this point, its going to be "my show I liked back then was good and this show now is one I don't like as much" you're just wasting your posts.
>>
>>135437721

Beaten to the punch. I'd also suggest Fumiaki Maruto and probably soon to be Wataru Watari since A-1 loves LN writers as creators and is going to make, fund and promote the fuck out of an anime based on his concept along with the Date a Live guy cause goddammit they're hot shit in the LN scene right now and gotta exploit that opportunity. This is how originals are made now.
>>
>>135436836
>I thought grimgal was like this.
It pretty much is since none of the characters actually remember anything about their original world.
>>
>>135438122
Wait, you mean the Qualidea thing, or are you just speculating? Because Qualidea's not an original.
>>
>>135437977
Don't misunderstand anon. You can look at posts years back, there are always people who get discouraged at the state of the industry and how it changed. They simply liked a certain stage of the industry and they want to go back to those times, they are the reason Dragonball Super exists.
Don't get me wrong, its fine to like old shows. If fine for new adaptations of old shows like Ushio and Tora. Just remember that satisfaction is a personal journey, and not one that can be applied to an entire industry.
>>135437989
Change is the only constant anon
Even for fujoshi
>>135438017
It still existed. Its proof that people get tired of things and move on.
>>135438021
Saekano can't possibly be a deconstruction. At best its a showtune like the original hayate season, where you have an entire show dedicated to anime fandom and build the characters around it.
>>
>>135437166
>just people making shit because it's what they wanted to do
Yeah nigger, all those mangaka and LN writters are just in for the easy money am i rite. There's no way these people actually enjoy what they are doing.

>Also number one priority nowadays is the character design, not the directing
This doesn't even make sense, do you actually realize the character designer and director are two different people and their individual work has nothing to do with each other? You are not sacrificing one for the other.

>pandering
Always existed and will always exist, you are just whining because they stopped pandering specifically to you.
>>
>>135438261
I wasn't saying Saekano was a deconstruction, I was saying it was the only one that wasn't good.
>>
>>135437769

Old shows during the bubble period of the 80's and very early 90's were largely made just because people wanted to run a show, had actual funding and talent of their own to do it and where more than just a production committee was allowed some form of input on the project. Shows like Gundam would be a good example where the general staff would often stand up to the sponsors and win concessions out of them. Sometimes they'd win the battles and get to role with their ideas, sometimes the sponsors wouldn't budge and they'd have to go with their commercial ideas, sometimes they'd be able to meet halfway. Nowadays nobody stands up to the producers or has any ideas of their own really. You have people like Akiyuki Shinbo who people hail as this visionary director and top industry guy flat out saying he just makes anime that he hopes will please his producer overlords and that's his sole goal and measure of success if they smile upon him with their favor. It's just more blatantly commercial now as opposed to moderately so.

Of course actual visionary and respected directors like those at Ghibli or nowadays Mamoru Hosoda or maybe Yasuhiko Yoshikazu are still allowed a ton of leeway and have interesting things to offer in interviews beyond just the purely commercial. Tatsuyuki Nagai doesn't seem like such a bad guy either, I feel like he's one that could exercise some clout if he really wanted too, but he seems like the type that would rather remain more quiet and behind the scenes. Historically Mamoru Ooshi was also a guy you could count on for non-canned interviews or insight beyond the purely commercial. Then you have absolute shits like Jun Maeda or Tomohiko Ito who I would encourage people to seek out recent commentary and interviews on that are supposed to be among the leading creators of the current era to see the kind of things they have to say.
>>
>>135438122
>Fumiaki Maruto
>big shot anime writer
The guy's been given one show not based on his own material, and it was a complete disaster.
>>
>>135437952

2nd person you quoted here. Pretty much agree 100%. By any chance are you the same guy that was in that one thread a couple days ago talking about elitism and shitting on the fakeness of neo /a/ cause that guy was a cool poster.
>>
>>135436783
>Just look at /a/, when you dweebs play an MMO together like 99% of you play a loli or a catgirl or a loli catgirl.
Fuck you, I play as shotas or dandy old men.
>>
>>135438265

I don't really get the sense a lot of them really do enjoy what is essentially mass production grunt work for the purposes of trying to bilk money off of dysfunctional fanatic types, but gotta pay the bills somehow.
>>
>>135434558

it´s a parody of GATE-Outbreak company, same that the others two shows.
The problem is japanese animation always make parodies of other animes. So what is happening with Japan’s obsession with parodies/copies? Could it be that animators are running out of original ideas? Short answer: Yes.
>>
>>135437861
it was unsuccesful because didn't had any big as fuck battles and mc wasn't a gary stu, it was just teaching otherkins, which in fact doesn't sounds very exciting.

The harem elements were just a plus, also it was more like the half elf girl's crush.

>>135438166
Grimgal back then only get my attention because I read a few manga pages and that they struggled with the very basics, also that the MC was a rogue, since this class is never in spotlight, except for the super ultra edgy assassin ones, but those are shit anyway.

Does it worth to do dig into the LN before the animu?
>>
>>135437536
>I refuse because I don't like the idea of Aiz getting screentime at all.
Aiz is pretty good in Oratoria, though. Since we see her inner thoughts and interactions with characters other than Bell, her personality actually comes through a lot more and she actually feels like an endearing character with a purpose.
>>
File: 1450976739290.png (690KB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
1450976739290.png
690KB, 700x980px
>No anime where an otaku waking up in Gensokyo and get eaten by lolis 5 minutes after his arrival.
Last world: "I should ask directions to that cute little girl hiding behind that tree"
>>
>>135438221

Yes that Qualidea code thing. I thought it was an original just based off a pooled set of concepts from some popular LN/Eroge people kind of like how the Madoka Quartet was formed.
>>
>>135438358
I said what old shows were like, not what the industry was like. All your claims about pandering and shit are secondary to whether the products have gotten worse, which it looks like you're aware of since you started off by connecting all this to why "older anime was at least decent on average".

So bring out the evidence that this stuff has gotten worse on average. Compare the seasons for me. And don't give me paragraphs of verbose stuff that's tangentially related.
>>
>>135438447
I mean, most of the newest LN writers that people complain about the most are people who joined the industry fairly recently from random places by writing stuff on their own time, so I assume they do enjoy it, or else they're all so delusional and desperate to escape Japanese life that they'll spend hours and hours writing books they hate on the off-chance they'll get into an industry where they get to do more grunt work they hate.
>>
>>135438502
It's an LN project they're doing together, unless people in the threads were lying to me. The Henneko guy is also involved.
>>
>>135438489
The only thing that's getting eaten is her ass.
>>
File: mithra.jpg (162KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
mithra.jpg
162KB, 500x708px
>>135436783
>when you dweebs play an MMO together like 99% of you play a loli or a catgirl or a loli catgirl.

I have never understood how normalfags can play as a male dark knight named SSJVegeeeeta or LAGOLASSS or any of the hthousands of corruptions of those names you find in any MMORPG. This is both sad and weird.

Running around with a cute c@ as your character is far more enjoyable. This is especially true as you spend 99.9% of your time in an MMO staring at your characters ass.

>2003
>running around with a mithra monk in FFXI
>making cute cat noises as she punches things
>the only race that can eat raw fish

Without catgirls every MMO just turns into homoerotic men standing around flexing.
>>
>>135438330
>saekano isn't good
Oh, and I thought you were a human with a opinion and words worthy of consideration. How disappointing to see i was wrong.
>>135438358
Consequence of a changing industry anon. And this is also a issue with Japanese work culture in general, you see it at nintendo where the top guys opinion usually becomes law. I see no issue, as obviously once things get stuffy enough there will be madmen who break the mold like Trigger who create shows they want to in the end.
>>135438403
>u the same guy that was in that one thread a couple days ago talking about elitism and shitting on the fakeness of neo /a/ cause that guy was a cool poster.
>>135438403
If I was I don't remember. I've held the opinion since around 2007(I was a newfag for two years by then) that /a/ somehow believes that everything new is shit and there are sacred cows that need to be protected at any cost. To me, this is just simple observation of reading threads where people are mad that the show they just watched didn't satisfy them.
>>135438447
matter of attitude, you can make a good show if you want to it has nothing to do with merchandising, marketing, products, etc.
madoka's preliminary material billed it as a regular magical girl series and I suspected nothing because I didn't know who urobochi was at the time and anons were laughing at the people who were surprised that mami died.
>>135438483
eh, maybe I should give it a shot then
>>
>>135438754
>This is especially true as you spend 99.9% of your time in an MMO staring at your characters ass.
i really hate this quote
>>
File: Mai050421210507a.jpg (51KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
Mai050421210507a.jpg
51KB, 512x382px
>>135438792
>i really hate this quote

Does that make it any less true?

FFXI was especially bad because a lot of the monk leg armor was subligar, some of which looked like either diapers or panties.
>>
MMORPG domination

MMORPGs are the future

Long live MMORPGs
>>
Just give me my Lazy King anime even if it turns out to be a total crapshot. I need more "Iyo" in my life.
>>
>>135438886
I pick gender based on what class I want to play, if I'm playing a mage type class that wears robes then I'll pick a female since most robes look like trash on males, if I'm playing a warrior type class I'll pick male since female armour looks terrible.
>>
>>135438754
>This is especially true as you spend 99.9% of your time in an MMO staring at your characters ass.
99.9% the ass in an MMO isn't particularly impressive, so even if you can design the perfect ass you'll quickly get bored of it anyway. What people who don't zoom fucking in for no real reason actually look at 99.9% of the the time in an MMO are the monsters, NPCs or other fucking players.
>>
>>135436836
Grimgal is about a pack of worthless teenagers staying worthless for 7 volumes. Hope you like goblins and kobolds because those are going to be the main things we're gonna see outside a 1-off orc invasion where our MC proceeds to be a worthless piece of shit like usual.
>>
>>135439067
Isn't this exactly what people say they want? They're tired of invincible power fantasies, have the hero fuck up when he'd usually be awesome, make it more realistic, all that?
>>
>>135438989
People look at things other than their ability bar and team status?
>>
>>135439112
But it's otaku wish fulfilment because he's not a piece of shit anymore :^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
File: miquo.jpg (208KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
miquo.jpg
208KB, 1024x576px
>>135438989

Try being a miner. Absolutely nothing to look at besides the swinging of the pickaxe and the sway of the tail.
>>
>>135439183
Personally I watch the cleavage window while mining.
>>
>>135439228
>>135439183
I just look at my second monitor because I'm not a horny teenager :^)
>>
>>135439112
It's fucking pitiful, the only reason why the turbo kobold didn't turn him into mashed potatos in vol 2 is because he got lucky for once and instagibbed him with a cheap shiki eye of death clone that every thief in the setting gets access to which turns on randomly and is almost never useful because shit either moves around too much or wears armor like the crossbow goblin at the end of vol 1. And when you die if someone doesn't cremate you within 3 days your corpse turns into a zombie.
>>
>>135439171
I guess it depends on the game. The only ones I've recently played are Mabinogi, PSO2 and the B&S and ToS betas. All of those kinda fucked you over if you weren't paying attention.
>>
>>135439247

>because I'm not a horny teenager :^)

Speaking of cliched MMO responses from normalfags...
>>
>>135439293
>when you die if someone doesn't cremate you within 3 days your corpse turns into a zombie
I like this idea.
>>
File: 1336892305615.png (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1336892305615.png
148KB, 500x500px
The whole point of MMORPGs is to self-insert into a fantasy setting.
You should always play a tall, strong, buff, athletic male warrior with no magical powers whatsoever because that's what you are in real life. If you play anything else you are literally enjoying yourself incorrectly.

Elves and wizards and all that special snowflake garbage only exists for you to beat to a bloody pulp with your superior physical strength that trumps their supernatural Mary Sue powers.
>>
File: yes im a wizard.jpg (81KB, 258x500px) Image search: [Google]
yes im a wizard.jpg
81KB, 258x500px
>>135438974

I do the exact opposite
because musclegirl fetish
also I'm an asshat and it gets me excited that these strong women soak up all damage just for me, also underlings doing the dirty work
>>
no butt slider. FF14s character creator sucks.
>>
File: 14103648972313.jpg (353KB, 1126x580px) Image search: [Google]
14103648972313.jpg
353KB, 1126x580px
>>135433964
>generic loser MC gets transported into a fantasy world based of some shitty 1,2,3 combat MMO that didn't even get translated
>filled with your favorite characters such as the trap maid, muscly but kind bodyguard and of course the tsundere loli princess
>it turned out to be the best MMO show
What did capcom do right that everyone else can't?
>>
>>135438974
>I'll pick a female since most robes look like trash on males
RO Male Priest has great thighs in.

>>135439447
Butt sliders generally seem to be a rare thing in both Korean and Japanese games. I have no fucking idea why. Even Custom Maid 2 doesn't have an actual butt slider (though there are other sliders that can also change the butt, but it's just not the same). In fact, Japanese games still don't seem to have figured out how to make actually good 3D asses in general. At least, the level of polish is nowhere near what th breasts get.
>>
>>135439372
>because that's what you are in real life
Subtle.
>>
>>135439447

Just curious who is /a/s waifu in this game? Y'Shtola? Kan-E-Senna, Minfilia? Ysayle? To me the most muh Waifu looking character is Yugiri Mistwalker especially how they did the reveal though could they have gone with a more average female player naming sense?
>>
File: stick it in kon.jpg (421KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
stick it in kon.jpg
421KB, 1200x1697px
>>135439511
>What did capcom do right that everyone else can't
I wonder

Mariandale's VA was also amazing
>>
It's legit funny, though. No idea what DEEN will turn it into
>>
>>135438906

You mean MMORPGs about idols I assume
>>
>>135438784

Funny the impression get now is that everything that isnt Kyoani Shaft or Fate is to be dismissed as trash if you want to conform and fit in as a good little Shitposter
>>
File: Raya-O-Senna_Guardian_Tree.png (2MB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Raya-O-Senna_Guardian_Tree.png
2MB, 1776x1000px
>>135439761
raya o-senna
>>
>>135439511
That great thing about ixion saga is that it never took itself seriously.
>>
Future of "fantasy" anime/manga:

>trapped in a MMO
>revived in a MMO
>teleported to a fantasy land that is just like a MMO
>>
>>135439872
I guess you need to lurk more, because you'd stick out like a sore thumb doing that.
>>
>>135438673

And yet again the only reason its those people is because Yahari and Date A Live are two big recent LN hits and not having scored the rights to either before they took off A-1 needs to exploit that guys name somehow. No idea why Henneko guy is there though, maybe cause they worked with him before . In any case I expect this to be shit like most of their mashups and sell well out of blind fan loyalty to Yahari guy. It'd be cool if it ends up like another Chaos Dragon though
>>
>>135440088
Explain all the threads for them this week then and the cheerleading and other shitposting
>>
>>135435908
Actually there aren't much fantasy worlds in anime, if you take a look of it there is just a hand of actual fantasy anime shows, everything else is either RPG parody or pseudo-parody.

And that's not new, back in the 90s the RPG parody there was old and busted

>>135436527
>both been done to absolute death.

Then again, no, we can feel like that sometimes because we grow up playing RPGs and watched how it became parodies, but there is almost no anime that is about a generic western fantasy main character doing generic western fantasy things.
>>
>>135440072
>Pitching original fantasy anime to investors
>Okay, but can you make it an MMO?
>>
File: screams internally.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
>>135440261
>>
>>135440261
>original fantasy world
>>
>>135440148
Because they are boring and dull most of the time, I'd rather trudge trough magical spider adventures than read about yet another sword dude in fantasyland. Just rewatch fucking Slayers if you want the only piece of Jap fiction that ever did fantasy right.
>>
>Berserk remake
>Is now an MMO
>>
>>135435908
>a diamond dozen
>>
>>135440144
People who like them made threads, and also people who like shitposting shitposted.
>>
>>135440329
Japan does have a few genuinely original and well-developed fantasy worlds. It's just that those generally appear in JRPGs, though. Trails in the Sky, Ar Tonelico and Xenoblade are good examples.
>>
>>135440108
They're probably collaborating because they like it, anon. Chaos Dragon wasn't some conspiracy to exploit the Baccano and Fate fanbases, and neither is this.
>>
>>135440560
I'm still waiting for a decent Ar Tonelico anime.
>>
>>135440148
>there is almost no anime that is about a generic western fantasy main character doing generic western fantasy things
I didn't mean it had been done to death in anime, I meant that it had been done to death in Western fiction/YA, which I assume most people complaining about a lack of good fantasy anime have to have read a decent amount of in their lives.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.