[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you know, the more I think about this film, the more obvious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Princess-Kaguya4crop-xlarge.jpg (85KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
Princess-Kaguya4crop-xlarge.jpg
85KB, 1280x721px
you know, the more I think about this film, the more obvious it becomes that it is simply studio ghibli's best film.

no other story even comes close to the level of depth, the artistry is on a completely different level, the pacing is perfect ... it may not be as flashy but I feel like it represents everything great about the studio and will be remembered as their best when all is said and done.

thoughts? am I crazy?
>>
File: this is too much.jpg (20KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
this is too much.jpg
20KB, 624x352px
I mean just listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wmUQDR6zG4
>>
Whisper of the Heart is still their best
>>
Takahata > Miyazaki
>>
>>133730618
It's up there. I'm not sure if I would be able to pick between that, Spirited Away, or Only Yesterday.
>>
>>133730618
not sure, I loved the movie, but I can mention a few issues:

- there was not that much... rhythm? maybe it has bad pace, as in flat until the end...
- Kaguya was not a great memorable character as other ghibli movies are... I think that's the issue between Miyazaki and Takahata, Miyazaki is amazing at creating characters and make us empathize with them.
>>
>>133730618
That's not Mononoke Hime.
>>
>>133732916
What is it?
>>
I really liked this movie, but I'm not a big Ghibli fan either (and this also didn't look much like a Ghibli movie).

My favorite is still the Grave of the Fireflies. 2nd best... you're probably right. The music, sound and voice acting was particularly great
>>
>>133730618
It's really good. I just watched it yesterday.
>>
On a side note I think On Your Mark is easily one of the best animated music videos
>>
its one of the best movies I've ever watched desu
>>
I kind of agree more with the replies ITT, I went to see it twice during its theatrical run and thought it's missing something in tying the things together into a big picture.
Still very good and so on and so on.
>>
>>133733146
Desu!
>>
>>133730618
You are definitely not crazy. And although I don't consider it as THEIR BEST, it definitely is among the top 3.
It is a perfect film
Call me a faggot, but I cried like a bitch at the end. This has never happened to me before in my entire life.
>>
>>133732834
>Anonymous 11/19/15(Thu)17:54:32 No.133733316▶
>I kind of agree more with the replies ITT, I went to see it twice during its theatrical run and thought it's missing something in tying the things together into a big picture.
>Still very good and so on and so on.
I really liked Kaguya, but I agree about the pacing. It felt really really off. There were stretches that seemed to drag (like the challenges) and then the twist towards the end comes out of nowhere and the movie speeds up dramatically.

Still a great movie, but definitely has some flaws.
>>
>>133730618
I agree OP, it's really damn good.
>>
>>133736900
>There were stretches that seemed to drag (like the challenges) and then the twist towards the end comes out of nowhere and the movie speeds up dramatically.
That was intentional.
It was to demonstrate how time is relative and life seems to speed up or slow down in certain circumstances. By the end of the fim her life was literally running out, so everything happened in haste compared to the dull and boring (sheer endless) time she spend in her gilded cage.
At first glance the movie may seem simplistic, but it is smarter crafted, with different undertones stringing along, than you might think.
>>
>>133737554 here again
>>133736900
Also next time you watch it, pay attention to her mood and how that affects the pace of the film.
It's fucking genius.
>>
>>133736962
disagree
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.