[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you buy anime anon? What was the last anime you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: anime-BD's-are-EXPENSIVE.gif (201KB, 961x541px) Image search: [Google]
anime-BD's-are-EXPENSIVE.gif
201KB, 961x541px
Why don't you buy anime anon? What was the last anime you actually bought?

Saying a Crunchyroll account or worse, an external HD doesn't count.
>>
>>124380692
Are you implying I don't?
Last BD I received was Saekano vol2
and I guess the next will be vol 3
>>
>>124380692
Why are you asking when your image says everything?
>>
Legend of the Legendary Heroes was the last one I bought. I think I own about fifty dvd sets?
>>
>>124380692
Because I can't afford it right now.

>What was the last anime you actually bought?
Pokemon 2000 VHS
>>
>>124380692
I've never bought anime because I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>124380692
If I like a series enough, and it's available here for a good price (ie. Not $40 for 3 episodes), I'll buy it. Last purchase I made was both seasons of Clannad.
>>
I bought the US Blu-ray release of Girls und Panzer, because I love Girls und Panzer.
>>
Pokemon 4ever DVD like 10 years ago.
>>
I don't buy anime because I'm an edgeLord That gets off from doing illegal things.
>>
I bought the non-LE BDs of both seasons of Horizon when amazon japan had them on clearance.

But frankly there's not much value in owning physical copies of anime today, compared to 15 or 20 years ago when it was the only feasible way to actually watch it. I still have my big VHS collection from when I was a kid, but I stopped buying anime when I stopped needing to buy it to watch it.
>>
>implying I ever bought anime
>>
>>124380692
Most of my weeaboo spending money lately has been going towards manga and gunpla. The only shows really worth buying to me are HD cel transfers to BD. So I have Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabor movies, Wings of Mayonaise, most of Ghibli's old catalog, and other stuff I can't remember that I would eventually like to buy.
>>
>>124380692
Last one was Mushibugyo OVA 3 that came with vol 17 limited edition.
>>
>buying stuff
What's next? You'll say we should seed too?
>>
What does "buy" mean?
>>
>>124381242
if nobody seeded, nobody would be able to download at good speeds not that I seed either
>>
Metropolis on VHS.
>>
>>124381242
If you can obtain it legally in the USA I won't seed it. I'm a hypocrite in that I believe in supporting the domestic industry but don't.
>>
Just bought the Kara no Kyōkai Blu-ray set off Amazon.jp
>>
I'd rather spend that money on manga. Manga scans are often quite shitty, and the medium actually changes if you buy it. Anime is typically pretty good quality and you're watching it on a screen regardless of whether you DL or buy.

Moreover manga is always better anyway.
>>
>>124381848
Especially because English language manga goes out of print rather quickly because of our inventory tax laws. You really have to get your purchases within a few years of release or pay ridiculous amounts of money.

I'm honestly jealous of French and Italian weebs (especially French). They get so much more manga released there than we do stateside.
>>
I've never bought anything anime/manga related and have what most would consider a high powerlevel. Never even considered it. Not even a poorfag.
>>
>>124380692
>Why don't you buy anime anon?
Because I can download it.

>What was the last anime you actually bought?
Not even once.

>Saying a Crunchyroll account or worse, an external HD doesn't count.
You're a complete fucking faggot if you think people have to enjoy their own hobbies in the same way you enjoy yours.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>124380692
BD of Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 years ago.
>>
Patema Inverted.
>>
>>124380692

Godless Sunday from Sentai Filmworks.

I'm also planning on buying Freezing Season II.
>>
File: imthatlewd.png (832KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
imthatlewd.png
832KB, 1366x768px
>>124380692

I only give money to fansubbers so they can continue their personal drama
>>
>>124370017
>>
File: 1422896113431.jpg (158KB, 747x912px) Image search: [Google]
1422896113431.jpg
158KB, 747x912px
>2012
>paying for things when you dont need to
>>
>>124384071
>2012 was 15 years ago

Where does the time go?
>>
Some mixture of being poor, not owning a blu-ray player, not wanting to pay for something that looks worse than a pirated version, and the fact I almost never rewatch stuff.
>>
Aikatsu S3 box one, I got it a couple of weeks ago. And the next three box sets and movie are all on preorder.
>>
Why a formula "make it cheaper so more people would buy it" doesn't work in anime industry?
>>
>>124384845
There are only a few people who actually buy things, and they will generally do so regardless of price (within reason).
>>
>>124384180
>moot left almost a century ago.
Time fly so fast.
>>
>>124380692
I have never paid for anime once in my life. Only weebs and virgin faggots collect those discs.
>>
Eva 1.11 for movies. Champloo for TV. Probably going to pick up some other films, when I have more dough.
>>
I bought the $75 yuki yuna blu ray.
I am an idiot
>>
>>124384845
Because in Japan, the only people who collect media are otaku. Regular rarely buy movies.
>>
Because anime is mostly fast food entertainment and the bds are way too fucking expensive for what they provide.
>>
>>124385310
As did I.

I haven't even watched the anime.
>>
File: teri.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
teri.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>124385438
did you do it for the haruka terui signature at sakuracon or for love of yuki yuna?
>>
>>124380692
The Gdgd fairies movie.

I'm waiting for decent BD playback support in Mpv. Something that works around playback protection and region locks.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.