[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Japan conform to Westerner's taste in anime and manga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 1341525405581.png (995KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1341525405581.png
995KB, 1280x720px
Should Japan conform to Westerner's taste in anime and manga?
>>
>>124366963

We love moeshit and shounens, so they already are.
>>
They should conform to my taste.
>>
Most westerners already have shit taste in anime too, so there's no need.
>>
What exactly are our tastes? They seem to be pretty close to Japan's norm already.
>>
>>124366963
Outside of a few differences tastes are pretty much the same.
>>
>>124367021
The West already has its own take on both in the form of MLP and Korra/Avatar respectively.
>>
>>124367068
Outside of a few things like the more [as]/Toonami shows like Space Dandy and Trigger's stuff I'd say they're mostly the same too.

Well, except for the SJW movement here that's low-key/barely present in Japan.
>>
File: cubecursedcurious05-13.jpg (116KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
cubecursedcurious05-13.jpg
116KB, 1000x561px
>>124366963
>the anime girl is a cube

what the FUCK
>>
>>124367118
>Well, except for the SJW movement here that's low-key/barely present in Japan.

Someone is in denial of the growing power of the fujoshi.
>>
>>124366963
Absolutely not.
>>124367021
>>124367068
/a/ is not the entire west.

Not to mention opening this gives a whole new way for sjw fanatics to poison everything we like.
>>
>>124367260
The fujoshi don't care as much for muh diverse cast of races/genders and strong female women though. They just want to see two dudes fucking most of the time and could care less about diversity just like most of Japan.
>>
>>124366963
Fuck off.
>>
File: konoha_displeased.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
konoha_displeased.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Hahaha, no.

That being said, if their animu industry had half the marketing savvy that their gaming industry has, they'd realize they're mining coal from a gold mine.
>>
>>124367527
You got that backwards. Anime is getting the message of where the fans are and their interests while their gaming industry keeps on losing out of touch with the foreign base.
>>
The only thing I want to change is their fucking retarded censorship laws. What a fucking mockery and a waste of art.
>>
File: fear_rubiks_cube.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px)
fear_rubiks_cube.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>124367147
That was the Season of Objectifying Women with Guilty Crown and all.
>>
If they want to make money on international sales, but from what I understand Nips only give a shit about the domestic market.
>>
>>124366963
There's no reason to since they aren't really selling much anything to westerners. They'd just shoot themselves in the foot killing their money making market in Japan and since they don't sell to west it'd kill the industry.
>>
>>124367650
The only way they can appeal to "international" markets is to make every single anime into a Korean drama or South Park and Family Guy adult comedy.
>>
>>124366963
yes, because then they might attempt to focus on stories again instead of moe
>>
>everything is MLP
Yeah no
>>
>that one cube anime

Based Silver Link.
>>
>>124367699
>this is what underage fags actually believe.
>>
>>124367591
The gaming industry just branched out more. Anime outside of kid's shows and a few rare things with more broad appeal is kind of stuck with a niche group and an even more niche group overseas to sell too.

Videogames have a much bigger kid's market, a much bigger broader market, and a much bigger overseas market, on top of still drawing in the niche groups that consume anime. There's been competition with Western developers lately but overall the Japanese videogame industry has a much bigger pool to milk money from and is actually making an effort at more than a domestic market.
>>
File: hestia1.jpg (548KB, 1024x1363px) Image search: [Google]
hestia1.jpg
548KB, 1024x1363px
Although I like moeshit all the time, I still am a firm believer in the validity of Kaiba and LoGH.
>>
Westerners' taste in anime is practically the same as Japan's. There are only a couple exceptions, and they're explained by timeslot/promotion issues more than anything - Cowboy Bebop gets big here, but it was also airing on the #1 US anime network while no one bothered pushing it in Japan. One Piece isn't nearly as big as in Japan because the anime's first dub was a 4Kids butcher and it struggled to recover.

The west likes moe just as much as Japan does.
>>
Hell no. The last thing I need is my comfy SoLs getting replaced by shitty westerner pandering.
>>
>>124367778
You don't honestly think they're attempts to create Western-pandering games aside From Software titles have been even mildly successful do you?

For your information, most of the "triple AAA" games that most flock to are of Western origin. FF is virtually the only Japanese franchise that falls within the radar to these people but most of the publicity has been backlashes and criticisms. Not exactly healthy exposure.
>>
That would be like the only way to make anime and manga worse.

I mean Japs got shit taste but westerner's shit taste is on a whole different level.
>>
>>124367992
So who has the best taste then? Niggers?
>>
>>124367876
Nintendo is doing fine with both new and old franchises. Capcom despite falling apart is still holding on to popular IPs and making new popular ones. Most other old franchises from Japan are also still doing well. FF and JRPGs are more a niche thing but outside of Dragon Quest in Japan and FF as you mentioned they've always been pretty niche so that's hardly a standard. Non-action RPGs in general have never really been a huge draw for the general audience.

FF is nowhere on the radar for most compared to Mario. The people who play FF are the same that watch anime.
>>
Everyone has shit taste. Everyone except me.
>>
File: japanese_are_silly.jpg (67KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
japanese_are_silly.jpg
67KB, 852x480px
If they merely expanded their target demographic from "NEET otaku" to "the general population of Japan" it would do wonders for anime's image and long-term sales both inside and outside Japan.
>>
>>124368590
See>>124367682 except replace Family Guy with quirky variety shows.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.