[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ending >try not to cry >cry a lot >realize Kon is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 33430.jpg (125KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
33430.jpg
125KB, 457x640px
>ending
>try not to cry
>cry a lot
>realize Kon is dead and we were robbed of 7 or 8 more movies

Fucking why
>>
>>122279603
>7 or 8 more movies
That sounds like a rather exact number.

What kind of limiting factors are you thinking about, since you don't seem to accept death?
>>
>>122279700
Assuming he put out a movie every 3 or 4 years and worked until he was 60 or 70, that seems like a fair amount.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
>>
Masao Maruyama of Madhouse promised Satoshi Kon that they'd finish Dreaming Machine for him, and then made the same promise to his wife after his death.

Nothing's happening due to lack of funding.

The Japanese animation industry should burn.
>>
>>122279896
Don't worry, Punchline will get MAPPA the money they need and they'll get Dreaming Machine out in no time!
Just kidding, abandon all hope.
>>
>>122279792
>Editing Space & Time
Well, that video wasn't half as /sci/ related as I'd hoped.
>>
>>122279603
OP are you me? I think we were robbed almost every day. I'm sure he would have made more films if he had lived longer.
>>
File: rip.png (214KB, 744x837px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
214KB, 744x837px
>>
>>122279603
>robbed of more movies
>robbed of more shows like Paranoia Agent
>robbed of shows/movies using Susumu Hirasawa OST
>>
>>122280111
>ani-master
>only other point of reference is Miyazaki
People who don't know anything about anime shouldn't be allowed to write about anime.
>>
>>122280111
>Graduated from manga to anime
>Graduating to an inferior form
>>
>>122280149
It's an article aimed at the mainstream, of course it's going to reference someone they know.
>>
It's ridiculous that in this day and age anime are still attributed to directors. The ones who make the show are the writers and animators. The directors have absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
>>122280212
Directors have an enormous influence on their works.
The fact that there are other contributing factors doesn't make directors meaningless.
>>
>>122280212
And directors sometimes have a tremendous influence on writers and on animators.
>>
>>122280212

Most anime directors don't get the same kind of attention that animators and writers get, Kon was an exception because his influence on the movies was so heavy.
>>
>>122279603
Kon dies young, while that old crone Miyazaki is still alive and sticking his grubby mouth in places that don't belong.
>>
I miss him very much.
>>
>>122280356
>implying Miyazaki isn't better
>>
>>122280560
That's really difficult to say.
Kon died before he could make enough movies to really get a routine.
Miyazaki didn't die quickly enough for his movies not to grow stale.
>>
>>122280149
Miyazaki is pretty much the most important Japanese anime director of all time. Even the Japanese agree (both anime and film critics).
>>
>>122280736
Miyazaki hasn't been part of the anime industry for decades. He just did his own thing in Ghibli.
No, he is not and was never the most important Japanese anime director, unless you're speaking from a completely normal-fag point of view.
>>
>>122280821
No, he is. His movies have done well domestically, internationally, critically, and financially.

Sorry. He is OBJECTIVELY the most important anime director.
>>
>>122280839
Did you just miss everything I said?
>>
>>122280821
>normalfag
I doubt anime critics and animators are "normalfags", and I'm sure they know more about anime and its historical significance than you.
>>
>>122280862
What is a "completely normal fag" point of view?
>>
>>122280893
People who when they say they like anime speak about wholesome family movies and not the late-night stuff that /a/ is about.
People like the Oscar team.
Most people.

>>122280883
>anime critics
You mean like every retarded youtuber?
>>
>>122280937
No, I mean Japanese film historians, animators and directors.
>>
>>122280937
The late-night stuff /a/ talks about is mostly shit, you know.

Miyazaki had a string of brilliance in the 80s, all the way until Spirited Away, which is arguably one of the best animated films ever.

There are tons of more books, academic articles on Miyazaki than anyone else. He's the most well-known, most financially successfully, and the most critically successfully. It is hard to argue against objective criteria like that, anon.
>>
>>122280963
>>122280973
Listen, I'm not saying he is a bad director or anything.

I am saying, he's not part of the industry.

>>122280973
>There are tons of more books, academic articles on Miyazaki than anyone else. He's the most well-known, most financially successfully, and the most critically successfully. It is hard to argue against objective criteria like that, anon.
And none of that matters, because, as I pointed out at the very beginning and he himself has made clear, he doesn't want to and shouldn't be associated with the anime industry.
>>
>>122281007
anime industry != otaku industry
>>
>>122281092
There is just one industry (plus Ghibli).
Call it whatever you want. The point is that he isn't part of it. Other studios make family stuff too, every now and then, but they can't write their names underneath them like it's a seal of quality because they usually deal in otaku stuff.
>>
>>122279792
I really loved that video. Thanks.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.