[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Decide to finally get this off my backlog >Those gorgous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: Lucky_Star_main_characters.png (432KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Lucky_Star_main_characters.png
432KB, 704x396px
>Decide to finally get this off my backlog
>Those gorgous visuals
>That OP
>That low-key humor
>Lucky Channel
>The references

What is /a/'s honest opinion on this show? I'm loving it, but I remember historically seeing one hater for every person who enjoys it.
>>
File: moffle.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moffle.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
Also, I noticed this. I know moffle is based off of some other character, but it was still kind of a shock.
>>
>one hater for every person who enjoys it.
Its pretty much the same for every SoL, see K-On.
>>
>>121425947

I thought this show got a lot more hate that K-On, though.
>>
>>121425422
Can never get past the first episode. It just too boring but i will admit the Lucky Channel is funny.
>>
File: 53ztc9l.jpg (140KB, 497x1600px) Image search: [Google]
53ztc9l.jpg
140KB, 497x1600px
I recall someone on /a/ describing it as the "Family Guy" of anime because of the sudden quick jumps and references.

The trick is that you have to watch A LOT of anime to catch all the references, so when you see them, they are incredibly funny.

For example, satirizing Initial D, or Konata imagining herself as the characters from Da Capo (pic related)-- I was on the floor laughing my ass off
>>
>>121426092
That's because K-On is miles better.
>>
>>121425947
It's pretty much the same for every show ever.

>>121426156
They fired Yamakan and used a different director after episode 4.
You might still dislike it, but it's something to consider.
>>
It's still my favorite sol after all these years
>>
>>121426183
>comparing lucky star to western trash
That wasn't /a/.
>>
>>121426183
The term you're looking for is the Seinfeld of anime
>>
It's the best satire anime out there. I also liked Lucky Channel
>>
I didn't enjoy a minute of Lucky Star while I was watching it, but when it was over I felt lonely, as if I had said goodbye to good friends.

Now go to sleep reading doujins of Konata and Kagami being a couple and hugging my pillow
>>
File: MigiSaysHi.png (207KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
MigiSaysHi.png
207KB, 600x339px
>rewatch Lucky star recently
>can't unhear Migi in Konata's voice
>>
It's alright. I find it hard to rewatch though, despite wanting to.
>>
>>121426574
>That one thread where George is unanimously named the SoL/lolicon
Anyone have that image? Tsukasa is clearly Elaine.
>>
I thought Aya Hirano quit the industry and alienated herself from all the otaku so they couldn't take her back.

How'd she get to be Migi?
>>
File: tumblr_mttcevhWUG1s8r1a7o1_1280.jpg (254KB, 714x1013px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mttcevhWUG1s8r1a7o1_1280.jpg
254KB, 714x1013px
One of my favorite Slice of life anime, it was definitely an enjoyment to me.
the Lucky Channel segments were pretty fun as well, especially the final ones were Shiraishi flips his shit.
>>
>>121425422
I think there's still a lot of love for Lucky Star, but the haters are just very vocal.
So basically >>121425947
>>
>>121426970
She did what she does best, voice acting.
>>
>>121427058
The art and doujinshi of them are the cutest fucking thing ever. I so desperately want what they have but I can't even self-insert because then I'd just be coming between them. Also I'm not a cute girl and also it's not even fucking canon.

This pain is unbearable
>>
>>121425422
I'm in the same boat as OP

Finally watched it a couple of weeks ago. It's not bad, but I prefer Azumanga Daioh
>>
>>121428441

Azumanga was comfy as fuck.

It's like a saturday morning, everyone's at work, eating chips show

The art style reminded me of the early pokemans too, which just added to the comfy level
>>
>>121426574
This is what I heard, and it intrigued me when I heard that comparison (which was about 5 years ago), so I tried watching the show, and couldn't make it past the 2 minute mark; it was that bad, flat out disgustingly shit and painfully unfunny.
>>
Only anime I've ever seen with a reference to menstruation
>>
The first episode has got to be the weakest episode and that's not how you make fans.
>>
>>121431149
Agreed.
>>
>>121431134
I don't know if it's in the anime, but the Basara manga mentions it in passing.
>>
>>121431134
only all girls SOL i've seen with a direct reference to penises
>>
>>121431134
And body hair

Anime fans are cancer for not liking pubes
>>
I like pretty much all of the side characters more than the main four. Too bad it takes like half of the episodes for them to start getting scenes.
>>
>>121431189
Pubes are pretty hard to draw, especially in doujinshi when character appears nude every page, this shit will take a lot of work.
>>
File: yutaka-yamamoto.jpg (40KB, 398x405px)
yutaka-yamamoto.jpg
40KB, 398x405px
>>121431149
>>121431169
The first episodes of Lucky Star saved the anime.
>>
>>121427606
>it's not even fucking canon
Have you not seen the OVA? Kagami lusting after Konata is canon.
>>
I found this show to be incredibly enjoyable from the very first episode. Overall, the first half of the season was really cloying, but I felt it evened out when it got to introducing the other characters.
>>
Who /inlovewithkonachan/ here?

Also: first 4 episodes were best.
>>
>>121431271
Educate these plebs.
>>
>>121431471
Konata < Kagami < Konami
>>
is konata's dad a pedophile?
>>
>>121426574
Seinfeld thrived on original comedy. Lucky Star and Family Guy thrive on referential humor.
>>
lucky channel > lucky star
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.