[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Is this what passes for a good MC these days? An emotionless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 536
Thread images: 79

Is this what passes for a good MC these days? An emotionless drone who happens to be able to figure everything out while others wallow in their own stupidity?
>>
File: 1405367744537.jpg (46KB, 509x501px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405367744537.jpg
46KB, 509x501px
I'm watching it for Ruuko.
>>
>>111177821
>who happens to be able to figure everything out
You make it sound like his autism doesn't have anything to do with the ridiculous shit he pulls.
>>
>>111177821
>An emotionless drone
Being neutral is inherently better than being an insufferable crybaby.
>who happens to be able to figure everything out
Every MC does that. That's like a requirement for being a MC, you have to be useful and relevant. Why focus on you if you didn't do anything special like kicking the bad guy's ass when everyone else fails at it?
>>
Better than shitty emofags like Haruto
>>
>>111177821
And also while the main girl which is also a princess thinks he is so dreamy.
>>
File: 1405952366186.jpg (549KB, 1200x1350px)
1405952366186.jpg
549KB, 1200x1350px
>>111177821

Yes.
>>
It took me a few episodes to warm up to him but now I like his autism.
>>
Nigga Hyouka was bretty good
>>
It's a nice change from the complete opposite. But anyway it's obvious he does have emotions, but with the way his mind works and how his personality is I guess they're kept to himself or else displayed lightly. Apparently this is what /a/ calls autism so lets just go with that. I like my autistic MC.
>>
>>111178514
>Apparently this is what /a/ calls autism so lets just go with that
Nope. Autism here means a fag who's unreasonably fixated on having things his own way. Inaho on the other hand does seem genuinely autistic.
>>
>>111178514
You do know actual autists also have emotions?
>>
>>111178895
>Autism here means a fag who's unreasonably fixated on having things his own way

No, uh, autism means autism.
>>
>>111179237
Are you new to these parts or are you just trying to bump your own thread?
>>
File: 1405476694096.jpg (40KB, 388x306px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405476694096.jpg
40KB, 388x306px
Inaho and his classmates were raised fight this war from the day they were born. He's just a calm, efficient, spacenoid removing machine, doing one of the two things he's knows how to do, the other being cook eggs.
>>
File: 1406398858246.webm (251KB, 960x540px)
1406398858246.webm
251KB, 960x540px
>>111179505
>she wants breakfast
>>
>>111179505
They had one additional class that taught them how to robot. That's like saying a high school student would know how to build a rocket because they took physics.
>>
dat fucking music tho
>>
>>111177821
he's just your average gary stu mecha MC
>>
>>111179461

Do you want to be called an autist?
>>
>>111177865
What
>>
It'll likely be explained in future episodes, trauma or some shit.

Also it's a refreshing change of pace from most whiny protags that we get.
>>
>>111179953
>Also it's a refreshing change of pace from most whiny protags that we get.
I've been reading this way too much these times. It's been people start realizing it's not a new thing anymore and stop using this shitty argument.
>>
>>111177821
What's wrong? 2kuu4u?
>>
>>111179953
>whiny protags
Nigger whiny protags arent in every anime now.
>>
>>111177821
Good? No, but he is something different than what we usually get.
People are tired of whiny faggots, lecturing moralfags, and those who keep screaming about "tomodachi" as if his enemies would care.
This MC is different thus refreshing.
>>
>>111179721
More than just mech piloting, they've had training on general preparedness to fight the Martians. It's why Inko could be entrusted with the civilian evacuation and Nina is allowed to pilot the ship. It's why they're so calm under fire and the adults don't bat an eye when they jump into action. They're not just a bunch of random kids playing hero, this is what they have been raised to do and it's all they've ever know. Remove Martian. Remove Martian.
>>
>>111180000
>refreshing = new
You need to read more books anon.
>>
>>111180000
Competent protags are rare in anime. Writers don't know how to do any sort of character growth aside from "protag struggles to tie his shoes grows into ace pilot." They're probably too afraid people wouldn't be able to self-insert if the MC wasn't worthless at first.
>>
>>111180291
Yeah, you're right, I chose my words badly, I didn't mean new. It's not a rare thing anymore. I've seen more shows with ballsy and determined MCs than pussies recently, and I'm obviously only talking about seasonal shows.
>>
File: BestMC.png (816KB, 656x1128px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BestMC.png
816KB, 656x1128px
Maybe try another series.
>>
>>111180375
>Competent protags are rare in anime
not really
>>
>>111180265
yeah they are more calm than the actual Soldiers, great writing right there
>>
Unfortunately.

God willing it will be a short lived fad.
>>
>>111182616
From what I remember, most of the soldiers were fairly calm until they were met with imminent death.

I'm sure there will be a scene where one of the kids breaks down and starts sweating profusely while their eyes shake about. Don't worry anon.
>>
>>111182485
Akashi is such a charmer
>>
>>111182760
IMMA STAND HERE AND HOLD DOWN THE TRIGGER EVEN THOUGH IT DOES NOTHING doesn't seem like the decision making of a calm individual unless they are literally retarded.
>>
>>111182485
how misogynistic is this show?
>>
>>111182616
But they are actual soldiers. That's what I keep saying. They're an entire generation that knows only the Martian threat and have been brought up to remove it. The only person we've seen so far with any real experience fighting the Martians in Marito.

The other soldiers are dead because they got thrown to the wolves against unknown enemies. Inaho had an entire day to hatch a plan for use against bowlcut, and lightsaber wasn't already on top of him before he could blink.
>>
>>111177973
Can you also explain why the Terran mechs just stood in place and got slaughtered until MC's heroics bailed everyone.
>>
>>111183186
>But they are actual soldiers.
no they fucking aren't. In the first episode sensei made it clear that they didn't take the whole thing seriously at all.
>>
>>111183412
Marito said they treat it like a game, but I have to interpret that as being because it's so natural for them, not that they don't take it seriously. It's second nature. It's normal. It's what they've been brought up doing. It's just how things are in the world that they live in. Their society has been heavily geared toward their next war, and they are the product of that.
>>
>watching Aldnoah Zero for shit MC
>>
>>111177821
Considering the alternatives are either Gary Stu who is god incarnate or someone who's too dumb to tie his own shoes, yes he's still better than average.
>>
call me when MC beats someone competent, he would have been fucked if sword guy decided to charge instead of just sitting there deflecting shit
>>
>>111184344
Yes, those are the only types of characters possible.
>>
>>111182485
Picked up ;)
>>
>give weak MC
>whine
>give strong MC
>whine
Oh thou
>>
>>111185124
You can't satisfy everyone. /a/ is full of a lot of people. The sooner you accept the fact that everyone has shit taste except you, the better.
>>
I want to play with nee-san's nee-sans.
>>
>>111177821
Fresh/different does not equal good. Not saying I am not entertained by him, though.
>>
>>111185124
Classic /m/ retardation.
>>
File: [NTR INTENSIFIES].jpg (147KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
[NTR INTENSIFIES].jpg
147KB, 640x1440px
NTR! NTR! NTR!
>>
>>111177821
Do you prefer a bitch like Shinji?
>>
>>111185612
your retarded
>>
THAT'S NOT EVEN WHAT THE LEIDENFROST EFFECT IS, YOU EGGSTISTIC FUCKER
>>
Much better than that faggot from Tokyo ghoul.
>>
File: 14071420061212.jpg (781KB, 2560x2160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
14071420061212.jpg
781KB, 2560x2160px
I can't help but love Inaho. Yes, I find him to be a great protagonist so far.
He has a combination of being amusing while also being interesting, that I dare say I enjoy.
>>
>>111186001
Man has his priorities straight. Eggs > Martians
>>
File: 1406379195061.jpg (56KB, 720x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406379195061.jpg
56KB, 720x400px
>>111177821
As it turns out, I like Inaho for pretty much the same reasons I like Kuudere type girls. His calm demeanour in any type of situation is right down my alley. It's as though they just genderflipped a Kuudere FeMC without losing any of the charm. It's interesting for me to realize that I apparently like similar qualities in both men and women. If he was girl, he could've been a waifu contender, in fact.
>>
>>111186150
He made his sister the the rolled omelette she desired.
>>
>>111186161
That's dandere, not kuudere.
>>
>>111185716
Slaine, please.
>>
>>111177821
So, it's better than Gundam.
>>
File: yuki_kaizuka_60804.jpg (96KB, 300x470px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yuki_kaizuka_60804.jpg
96KB, 300x470px
>>111177821
As expected of Oni-chan.
>>
>>111186394
The part where the MC has to rely on tactics and teamwork is also a nice change of pace. When is the last Gundam series that does this, the 08th MS Team?
>>
File: OP.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OP.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>111186394
Which one?
>>
>>111186489
00
>>
>>111186483
But he's an otouto.
>>
>>111186489
I don't like how to show off MC's baseline tactical ability everyone else is pantsu on head retarded.
>>
>>111186577
B-But Slain is also planning something.
>>
File: 1393564184914.jpg (23KB, 438x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393564184914.jpg
23KB, 438x500px
>>111186518
Which also had a superior emotionless character
>>
File: Amuro_swanson.jpg (63KB, 640x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Amuro_swanson.jpg
63KB, 640x352px
>>111186510
>Amuro
From fag to the most interesting man alive.
>Kamille
From psychopath to decent guy to vegetable
>>
>>111186577
While it perhaps doesn't excuse the extent of how most of the military has been shown to act.
Just to be fair, the backstory to the show is that Earth covered up the events from 15 years ago, while lying to everyone making them think that they are prepared and have a chance even though nothing could be further from the truth.

So aside from the towers they dropped, most people on Earth don't even believe Marito when he speaks of the super mechs the Martians have.
>>
>>111177821

It's better than having a beta male lead. Seriously, fuck Gundam, Valvrave and Guilty Crown for ruining that for me. Accel World, too.

Some leads just shit up the screen every time they're on it. I'll take a thousand Inahos/Kiritos/Tatsuyas any day, no joke.
>>
>>111185550
This also applies to /a/ from /m/
>>
>>111183325
They were surprised or scared?
>>
>>111186774
You have to admit though that at the end of Accel World Haru was alpha when he stood up to his bully and utterly defeated him without mercy or trying to make him his friend.
>>
>>111186842
That part I liked
>>
>>111186842

Yeah, I like the fact that he simply shivved his ass. It was kind of anticlimatic that they had to wait for Black Lotus to turn up and save them...

AGAIN.
>>
>>111186774
>Gundam
What was the last one too have this, even if they start off beta they always man up midway through
>>
>>111186890

AGE's third protagonist, Kio, is possibly the worst shitstain on the series.

Banagher isn't quite as bad, but he gradually loses more and more brain cells after Episode 3. Episode 4 has him crying a lot over a brown terrorist girl.

I mean, he defeats the final villain by chest-massaging him to death. I miss the old days when the final battle was just a knock-down, drag-out fight.
>>
File: 1406341586643.jpg (93KB, 822x759px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406341586643.jpg
93KB, 822x759px
>>111186946
Reco-G will have a coked out protagonist.
>>
>>111186161
I'm pretty sure that all the people hating Inaho are Asukafags.
>>
>>111186998

I don't really have high hopes for that one, to be honest. It seems a bit too wacky for me.

I like mecha shows which focus on the 'war' aspect of things. Japan usually doesn't really do war stories, so to speak, but it's what I enjoy.
>>
>>111186998
Apparently the first episode will have him defeating and capturing the main Gundam using a maintenance mech
>>
>>111187121

Actually, the first episode has him defecting to the side he's technically been fighting against.

Why?

Because the female pilot of the Gundam (Who's a space pirate) is fucking hot, that's why.
>>
File: 1406340349805.jpg (50KB, 620x806px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406340349805.jpg
50KB, 620x806px
>>111187121
Probably more dumb luck than anything.

Besides, the only reason I'll be watching is for the onesan love. Also the cannibalism.
>>
>>111187217
He's supposes to be an ace pilot.

>A cadet in the Capital Guard Academy, created to advance the protection of the Capital Tower. His prodigious talents carry him upward in the ranks quickly, earning a double promotion.
>>
>>111187251
My guess is that he'll start fumbling as soon as he gets in the Gundam though.
Otherwise how will they make us root for him?
>>
>>111187344
Who knows we still don't have info on the enemy faction.
>>
>>111186577
Is this your first mecha anime, son?
>>
>>111177821
do you want another 'MC that suddenly find himself in giant robot that has super OP power and defeat veteran enemy in one episode?'
>>
>>111187667
>Nani, he cant possibly do that he just started piloting.
>>
Is the animation really bad on the mechs or is that just me?
>>
>>111187667
What you have to realize is that people bitch and moan about literally everything. /a/ is infested with a cancer so deep it will be in a permanent state of death.
>>
>>111187787
it's A-1 first mecha so don't be surprise
>>
>>111187821
>otaku
>permanent state of death.

aaand?
>>
>>111187851
It's just annoying because everything else looks great but then you have this awkward as fuck mech that looks like bad cg running down the street it ruins it.
>>
>>111187913
yeah I give you that but it could be worse ignore that fact and you got a solid stand alone mecha anime I would have really dropped if they literally gave MC or Slain a MAH SUPER OP Mecha by episode 3 or 4 hopefully they don't do this and I still wonder why Gen or Aoki didn't went with production I.G instead
>>
>>111186191
Such a great brother.
>>
>>111188456
Cause Aniplex funded it and they own A-1
>>
>>111185124
>give shitty MC
>whine
>give good MC
>don't whine
More like that.
>>
File: lelouchchest.jpg (56KB, 603x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lelouchchest.jpg
56KB, 603x640px
>>111177821

someone that's likeable.
>>
I guess they should have just given MC a super-allpowerfull mech which can move at the speed of light (of course hes the only one capable of piloting it and removing the martian threat) to make him a good protagonist.
>>
>>111186998
This will flop harder than A/Z. Fucking guaranteed.
>>
>>111177821
>>An emotionless drone
Just because he didn't express it doesn't mean that he is emotionless.
>>
>>111189482
But he should also have strong pacifistic convictions and be visibly tormented whenever he's sent out to kill (which he then ironically proceeds to do better and more efficient than any other person alive)
>>
File: KingGainer.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KingGainer.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>111186998
Reco-G will be shit.
>>
>>111177821
Yeah, this is the trend. They should keep this shit as a side character and have more charismatic leads for a change.
>>
File: 1405878961391.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405878961391.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>111191244
>Inaho
>charismatic
>>
>>111180375
>Competent protags are rare in anime.
No.
>>
>>111187667
How about a solider who isn't a junior high schooler and trained for years. There's a guy like that in Aldnoah itself, but the only one who can get shit done is a child. It's ridiculous.
>>
File: noep.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
noep.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>111177821
>An emotionless drone
I bet you thought Rei was an emotionless drone too, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>111191276
>reading comprehension
I said they should keep Inaho-types as side characters and give more charismatic leads, anon.
>>
File: 1353522002613.jpg (80KB, 597x781px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1353522002613.jpg
80KB, 597x781px
>>111191439
>being buttmad about high schoolers saving the day in anime
>>
>>111187667
No. I want scrambled eggs.
>>
>>111191633
Well if you want to argue Inaho is somehow acceptable and fresh because he's a robotic child who is smarter and more resourceful than every adult involved then yeah.
>>
Yeah I hate the MC too.
>>
File: 14071220183087.jpg (485KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
14071220183087.jpg
485KB, 1280x2880px
>>111191884
>smarter and more resourceful than every adult involved then yeah.
He has his strengths over most of the cast for sure. But at the same time he falls completely flat in other areas where others have him beat anyday.

Such is the life of our autistic hero.
>>
>>111191722
>a tomato on top of scrambled eggs
>>
>>111192883
Couldn't it be a radish?
But even if it's a tomato, it would be one of those cherry tomatoes. They taste very differently from regular tomatoes.

But regular tomato works perfectly fine with eggs.
>>
This MC is worse than Kirito.
>>
I kinda like him, I prefer this to than some beta fucking faggot.
>>
He isn't emotionless. You'll see, one of those dirty martians will stomp on his newly cooked omelets and then the rage that will come from him will surpass even the gutts watching caska getting raped scene.
>>
File: 1397005492759.jpg (207KB, 600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397005492759.jpg
207KB, 600x900px
>>111177821
You gotta understand that he's basically Lelouch. He's a military genius and won't easily lose his cool. He's like the Napoleon or Alexander of Aldnoah.Zero
>>
>>111185612
SLAINE BTFO
>>
>>111193244
That wouldn't be so bad but Inaho also has genius-tier mech skills. At least Lelouch acted more like a general and rarely ever got into combat because he knew he sucked at it.

You can either be good at strategy or good at combat. If you get both people will call you gary.
>>
I'm only watching this to see Slaine cry when Princess fucks Inaho
>>
>>111193410

You'll be disappointed.
>>
>>111177821
So.. you would rather have what? An idiot airhead shounen character who wins through deus ex machina, power of friendship and love, and spends every minute crying and emoing.
>>
>>111193461
Oh really? This isn't an adaptation so you have no idea.
>>
wud u a princess servant loli?
>>
>>111177821
Sadly, some people just don't understand the brilliance of Inaho.
>>
>>111193410
>implying that goddess will settle for robotic Terran dick when Slaine is on the way
P-please
>>
>>111193663
What Inaho has done so far in the anime is enough to make most girls wet. What has Slaine done? Get his ass kicked like three times and murder a man in cold blood. Bravo Slaine.
>>
>>111193516

Opening lyrics kill her off. So do the ending lyrics.

She's become token motivational girl. She'll die before the first half, leading to Slaine and MC to team up.
>>
>>111193244
Lelouch had a personality.
>>
>>111186644
Setsuna at least has a dark past that lead him to being emotionless, this fag is only a bad written character.
>>
>>111193718
>muh flags
fuck off

has there been confirmation? no? so this is all personal speculation? cool story bro
>>
File: glance.jpg (80KB, 525x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
glance.jpg
80KB, 525x800px
>>111193697

Yet, she shows zero interest in him. Even the character designer knows.
>>
>>111193763
But she already has. She already has.
>>
>>111193787

Nice fanfic. Please post official art featuring them.
>>
>>111193718
>grasping at fucking lyrics
Never seen shit this pathetic in a while.
>>
>>111193815
>>111193748
>being this mad about token boring princess being killed off to prompt character development when there are better girls in the show
>>
>>111193763
>chara designer draws derpy art simply of headshots
>prying meaning out of this
Seriously.
>>
inaho > slaine
>>
File: Vs_003-2.jpg (240KB, 840x1140px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vs_003-2.jpg
240KB, 840x1140px
>the princess bedchambers has the Earth view too

Oh. So why did she have to bother Slaine so late at night and lost the track of time with a view she can enjoy in her room?
>>
>>111193851
I don't care about that, I'm not so attached to them. But you are seriously stretching to say you know sit about where the story will go from a fucking lyric. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously? This is some tumblr level reasoning.
>>
File: 54574554.jpg (99KB, 1266x1437px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
54574554.jpg
99KB, 1266x1437px
>>111193881
Enjoy your birdending
>>
>>111193941

The song features Slaine and Inaho teaming up against a castle. The princess will die. If you even watch Gen shows, you know her type ALWAYS DIES and is always to bring manpain.

If you look for romance, Rayet and Inko are more feasible.
>>
>>111193932
>>111193978
>>111193763

Interesting. I hope Eggs doesn't enter into a love triangle. Those are shit. I prefer if he fucks Inko anyway.
>>
>>111193881

Yeah because she's not blushing and holding Slaine's memento in the manga cover either. Or features in Slaine's room in the OST cover. Look, I don't want to break your delusion, but so far the official art has pushed her to Slaine's direction in a extremely unsubtle way.

The only way she's not ending up with him is because: 1) she'll die. 2) he'll die. 3) they are siblings. All very likely. Inaho's not a factor.
>>
gen is a faget. he's going to kill off neechan.
>>
better than the faggot MC from Argevollen who makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>111194235
>>111194018
You guys know he's not writing any more episodes right?
>>
>>111193068
>Couldn't it be a radish?
Don't you even know what a radish looks like? Even the leaves are wrong.

But putting a tomato on top of scrambled eggs is stupid because A) the tomato will warm up B) the tomato gets dirty which is generally unappealing C) being a hard round object on top of a soft semi-liquid mass it's harder to pick up: if you try to stab it with your fork it will sink into the eggs, if you try to lift it with your fork it will probably roll off your plate, and you can't cut it without moving it somewhere else.
There are better ways to decorate a plate than this nonsense.
>>
>>111194306

He wrote the story. They are changing it as they like, but in case of Asshime's character, she is unchanged and she's described as token peace princess with some quirks (only in a more elaborated way because they are trying to sell her quickly). She's as good as dead. The only thing that can save her is the upset shipperfag fanbase of Slainefags. Because the waiufags are more into Neesan and Inko.
>>
If Yuki was my nee-chan I wouldn't be a worthless NEET
>>
>>111193244
>Alexander
>won't easily lose his cool
>>
>>111189465
Most human feeling protagonist
>>
So why does /m/ hate the show?
>>
what does yukinee's chest feel like on your face when you hug her?
>>
>>111193244
>Napoleon or Alexander
>no personality
>didn't easily loose their cool
I'm pretty sure Napoleon and Alexander weren't crossing swords with the enemy either.
>>
>>111194665
Bags of sand.
>>
>>111193727
>4 episodes in
>don't even know if Inaho's past will come up on why he is the way he is
>comparing a character from a show that's already finished to one that's 4 episodes in.
>>
>>111194771
We're already 1/3rd into A/Z, fuck off.
>>
>>111194771

Setsuna's past was clear since the first episode. Inaho is just shitty. L-Elf, who was from a shit show, had the stoic genius thing but he actually show more emotional range which made him engaging.

Inaho is pretty insipid and dull. Just admit he's awful and can't carry the show.
>>
>>111194771
Usually we get clues to the main characters past by now so people are free to critique a shitty character if they see one.
>>
>>111194834
1/3 into the first season of a split ocur show

you think they can end a planetary-wide war in 12 eps?
>>
>>111186774
Very few gundam protags are beta males. You can argue that some are whiny, but the only ones that are beta males are: Kou, Asemu (for the first half of his arc), Shinn, and Banana
>>111186946
>Kio
>beta male
I don't think you know what beta male is. For starters, if Kio is anything, he's a fucking Gary Stu.
>>
>>111194892
Given how stupid this show is I fully expect them to pull it off.
>>
>>111194937
being whiny is inherently beta
>>
>>111194673
Alexander was actually fighting on the front lines.
Napoleon hid and commanded from the backlines, but Alexander fought deep inside the melee. It got him almost killed in a campaign in Persia iirc.
>>
File: kek.png (63KB, 271x267px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kek.png
63KB, 271x267px
>>111177973
>Every MC does that. That's like a requirement for being a MC, you have to be useful and relevant.

kek'd
>>
>>111195079
Shinji is alpha as fuck though.
I don't get this "Shinji is beta" meme, he pulls through every single time when he's needed.
>>
>>111194834
The show is 24 episodes long. We haven't even had an episode dealing with his backstory (assuming we'll have one) and you're already judging the characters backstory.
>>111194887
Usually doesn't mean always, so it doesn't make sense to start complaining about it when we're not even at a point in the show where we can start assuming things in the larger context of the show.
>>111194994
Kio wasn't whiny, he was just a moralfag. 2 different things. Hell, the only reason people started hating Kio was because of the second half of his arc when he started to become an overpowered moralfag, which is as bad as being whiny, but it's not the same thing.
>>
>>111195188
He cowers and whines. Refuses to try to understand others. Stuff a kid would do.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly human. I don't think he can really be classified in the alpha/beta dichotomy, tbh, but I think the dichotomy itself is a load of baloney.
>>
>>111177821
MAXIMUM
EMPTY
SHELL
TO
SELF
INSERT
???
>>
>>111195221
Also, I'm not arguing whether or not Inaho is a good protagonist or not, just that you're judging a character [on whether or not his backstory will play a part with why he act the way he does] that's 4 episodes into what will be a 24 episode show.
>>
>>111194630
The last mecha show /m/ praised was Gundam Build Fighters. And it still has among the biggest vocal hatebases focused on it.

/m/ doesn't like mecha.
>>
>>111178895
HAve you ever met an any one with actual Autism? this kids a poster child for Assburgers bordering on psychopathic with his complete lack of emotion, Same thing with Nagate from Sidonia
>>
>>111195356
Most people aren't as oblivious as he is, while also being as keen as he is.
He is not really normal. A normal character would be a lot better for self-inserting.
>>
>>111195334
He cowers and whines when he's not fighting, but in combat he saved everyone's worthless lives despite them hating him for it.
>>
File: 1390620904830.jpg (68KB, 641x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1390620904830.jpg
68KB, 641x450px
>>111177821
>WAAA WAAAA GARY STU GARY STU WAAAA
Everyone in this thread.
>>
>>111195641
He's not a Gary Stu, the problem is that he's only kinda smart but everyone else his fucking legit retarded.
>>
>>111195440
He doesn't succeed all the time (see Bardiel/Toji and Armisael/Rei II's death), but that's not really the point here.

He's just doing what he's told for the majority of the anime, not out of a sense of heroism or anything. He struggles with his reason for why he pilots the Eva at all. It's more human than the trite hero complex bullshit, where they magically summon the courage to do anything.

Also, they don't "hate" him for how he saves them. They're just frustrated with how he acts like a child.
>>
He's a cautionary "everyone has to relate to him by default" blank slate and there's no two ways around it. Unless he genuinely has autism, which I highly doubt this show would push those boundaries, then it's just shitty writing, period.

It's probably haremshit-eaters who are defending him too.
>>
>I bet 4chan can't even name a good anime MC/hero.

This place pretty much hate anything.
>>
>>111193727
>>111186644
Setsuna was stoic, not emotionless. You clearly see him lose his cool several times in both seasons of 00.

>Ali trying to take the Exia from him
>Graham touching the Exia with his Flag to get evidence on it
>Lockon's death
>>
Inaho a shit.
Worst than Tatsuya, Izayoi, Touma and Kirito.
>>
>>111195894
Pico from Boku is a good MC.
>>
File: 1242591026412.jpg (45KB, 593x708px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1242591026412.jpg
45KB, 593x708px
>>111195947
>>111195894
>>
>>111195872
They are the only ones who like him.
>>
>>111194673
Alexander did pretty often, he did have a routine of Cavalry dubbed out in the best armour money could buy though
>>
File: 44990370.jpg (88KB, 550x722px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
44990370.jpg
88KB, 550x722px
What if Bowlcut had been the MC?
>>
>>111193244
>Napoleon or Alexander
Napoleon and Alexander had hot tempers. Alexander, much more so.
>>
>>111193244

Napoleon and Alexander (and Lelouch) had charisma. Inaho is a fucking shell.
>>
would this series even be able to sell mech models?
>>
>>111196054
Improvement.
>>
Why did Inaho attracted to the Princess, who is Slaine's girl, when he already has first choice pick out of his nee-chan, Inko, and Rat?
>>
File: yuki3.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yuki3.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
Why does she lack art? Why nips don't like Yuki-nee?
>>
>>111196137
I don't think it's that type of series, contrary to the mech formula.
>>
>>111196188
They like her. I watch the episodes on Nico and every time she show up the comments go "Yuki-nee is so cute".
>>
>>111195802
To be fair, I mean, the fucker is 14 years old. He practically is a child and, hell, they call him the "Third Child."
>>
>>111196137
This is monster of the week so far but I doubt it, the mechas are shit
>>
>>111196178
He likes that Scandinavian beauty
>>
>>111191145
Not sure what the image has to do with it.
>>
>>111196293
Oh I know, he's a child thrust into a position that requires him to act mature.

His life's also pretty fucked up, given his mother "died" and his father abandoned him.
>>
>>111196178

Because this show is aimed at fujoshi who like shitty drama of two guys fighting over a princess self insert.

>>111196342

She's the ugliest girl of the cast.
>>
>>111194771
This is still the MC we're talking about. Using 00 as a convenient example again the anime opens with his past as a child soldier completely disillusioned with his idea of god. Cue 0 Gundam showing up as a literal deus ex machina and in the first 5 minutes it creates the foundation for his character that rest of the series follows.

That's not to say Setsuna is well written or Inaho isn't, but I think it's completely understandable that people aren't thrilled about being left in the dark. Especially when the MC has the kind of personality that needs context to be believable.
>>
>>111196410
>this show is aimed at fujoshi
Really, the entire show? Don't you think you're exaggerating?
>>
>>111195437
He's a perfect self-insert for all the people who see themselves as a cool stoic tactical genius. Which is a lot of people consisting how many posts I've seen where people say that they themselves would be calm and collected as fuck no matter the situation.
>>
>>111196410
Dat delusion.
>>
>>111191722
What's the difference between a scrambled egg and an omelette?
>>
>>111196447

The set up of the triangle is for girls. The princess is popular among girls in Japan, not among the guys who prefer inko and the sister so far.
>>
>>111196468

Even the loli maid is better looking while dressing a shittier outfit. She's pretty shoujo-esque self insert.
>>
>>111196410
Fujoshi isn't a catch all term for female fans. Fujoshi care about gay relationships, not straight ones. And I highly doubt romance is going to be a big deal anyway.
>>
>>111196512
You're basing this shit off pixiv again aren't you. Stop posting.
>>
File: 1404305840602.jpg (24KB, 189x198px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404305840602.jpg
24KB, 189x198px
>>111194879
>can't carry the show
His scenes are literally the biggest reason why I'm here.
>>
>>111196613

No, I'm not. She looks terrible.
>>
>>111195437
>He is not really normal

Are you implying that people on /a/ are normal?
>>
>>111196298
The Earth Mechas look cool, the Martian are utter shit
>>
>>111196671
Not talking about her looks. Are you even reading the delusional shit you're posting?
>>
>>111196778

Did I offend your waifu?
>>
>>111196654
Why? Are you one of those people that enjoy shows ironically?
>>
File: 1406419388444.jpg (100KB, 998x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406419388444.jpg
100KB, 998x810px
>>111196410
>aimed at fujoshi
>fujoshi like shitty drama of two guys fighting over a girl princess

And then there's this guy.
>>
Kudos to whoever predicted this series would go to shit the exact episode Urubochi stopped writing it. Going to be really fun having no actual development at all for at least until this season's finale, instead having shitty love triangle bullshit. It literally turned into Gundam Seed.
>>
>>111196473
Omelette is a scrambled egg made by someone with OCD.
>>
>>111196109
If anything that makes him less of a stu.

lelouch:
>large ham/inspiring leader
>chessmaster (strategic)
>chessmaster (tactical)
>also got a superpower

inaho:
>chessmaster (tactical)
>has some science books memorized

So if anything inaho is much less of an overpowered character and his abilities are far more situational.
>>
>>111196966
lelouch
>personality

inaho
>blank self insert
>>
>>111196837
Low b8 m8.
>>
> original mc with disorder that makes him not display emotions like normal people
> competent but not ubergod-level like Tatsuya or Sora
> people will complain about any mc because that's what people do
>>
>>111197038
Nigga he boring. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>111197038
>disorder
You're just making assumptions.
>>
>>111193244

No, he's God-Emperor. Know your shit.
>>
>>111197032
Self insert as an (outwardly) emotionless teen?
>>
>>111196918
Can't imagine Gen wasn't involved at all in the overall plot writing, so he should most likely be blamed just as much. It's like episode 4 took away exactly everything about episode 3 that made it stand out from the pack and tried to make it as generic as possible.
>>
>>111197098
> friend dies in front of him
> sure whatever
> lets kill martians
> not a disorder
>>
>>111197038
>disorder

What disorder? We see him living like an average high school student with his sister and having friends. He's not some child soldier who was trained since crib to murder people in cold blood.

He's just a boring Gary Stu.
>>
>>111196512
>is for girls
>The princess is popular among girls in Japan, not among the guys

Pay attention you ignorant buffoon, I'm only going to explain this once. First, if a love triangle with the object of affection is a girl and you want to claim it's aimed at girls, it's called otome and not fujoshi. Fujoshi only like gay shit, otome are the ones who like to self-insert in het romance. So if you say this show is fujoshit all you're saying is that people only watch it for Slaine being fucked by faceless men or Inaho. Second, hime is most popular with the guys who want to fuck her. Just because girls in pixiv draw Slaine with her and there's not pictures with hime sucking socks yet it doesn't mean guys hate her.
>>
>>111197179
>>111197184
>>111197038
It's terminal autism.
>>
>>111197196
>Just because girls in pixiv draw Slaine with her and there's not pictures with hime sucking socks yet it doesn't mean guys hate her.

kek.

Yuki gets most of that art.
>>
>>111197196
otaku want wincest, not the shitty princess with love triangle drama.
>>
>>111196442
>Cue 0 Gundam showing up as a literal dues ex machina
Stop posting.
>>
>>111196852
Not him, but I like him because he just solves problems with some basic engineering. Sure, he got plot armor on his side, but so do most MCs.

He's pretty much my chuuni self-image. Stroll in, casually look at problem, solve it with ease, save the day

>>111197126
providing rough outlines of what should happen for the sake of the main plot and fleshing out individual episodes is a big difference. The copy-pasting episode 3 onto episode 4 thing and yet being worse is exactly what makes the difference.

I don't get why they don't have gen write all of it.
>>
>>111197078
That's just your opinion though, I think he's pretty interesting.
Much better then having a MC who seeks revenge and yells a lot.

>>111197032
>blank self insert
Maybe if you have autism.
>>
>>111197038
Sora isn't an ubergod.
He has social anxiety and can't go out in public without his sister.
>>
>>111197196

The Hime isn't the most popular with the guys. That guy is full of shit about being a fujoshi show, but he's right about the guys favoring characters like the big sister and Inko over her. Love triangle involving the two male protagonists isn't something the male audience wants at all.
>>
>>111197196
The Slaine - Inaho - Hime love triangle is pretty bad for otome fans as well since Hime is not a good self-insert. They'd prefer someone like Inko.
>>
>>111197724
It's fine if both male protagonists are likeable and not just fantasy-fulfillment perfect guys for women.
>>
File: 1380473718247.jpg (322KB, 914x887px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380473718247.jpg
322KB, 914x887px
>>111197038
>original
>>
>>111197894
So, A.Z is not fine.
>>
>>111197817
You kidding? Women love Hime. She's perfect for self insert. Like Lieselotte. She has no character at all other than generic quirky princess who wants peace/coexistence.

Lieselotte at least had an offputting TWEEST.

>>111197817
>stoic guy she can melt and who does not do things for anyone else
>faithful emotional follower who would die for her

They are perfect for them.

Guys who watch mecha don't want love triangles involving the protagonists. That's why they always have an assigned different love interest. It's not something they like.
>>
>>111197998
eruefu also had hax-tier CQC skills and prediction abilities that bordered on clairvoyance and his planning could get them out of impossible situations.

Inaho is more limited than that. He has top-notch deductive skills, but he needs luck on his side and people to assit him left and right
>>
>>111197817

>Inko
>popular with women in Japan

Not at all. She's otakubait. Even the seiyuu.
>>
>>111197817
As >>111198256 said women love the princess trope, Lieselotte, despite having no character at all, is very very often paired with L-Elf, who is girl's favorite.
>>
>>111198309
>>111197998

L-Elf had a personality since the first episode. He was also a military special agent, with a military rank, member of a special unit. Not a fucking highschool student who was overlooked and suddenly we find out he's a genius better than the army.

Before he pulled the army killing shit, the army of ARUS told he did this crap. Inaho on the other hand didn't get this foreshadowing. Out of nowhere, he starts doing these tricks.
>>
>>111198309
You do realize that the image was just an image reaction?
>>
>>111198385

L-Elf is the fan favorite of girls and men. Including the series writers, directors, and members of the staff.
>>
>>111198415
Why the hell are you so autistic to reply with something totally unrelated?
>>
>>111198438
No, I didn't.
>>
>>111182485
>M3

To bad the show itself is complete shit.
>>
>>111198460
So? How is that relevant to the discussion?
>>
File: don't poke.gif (286KB, 600x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
don't poke.gif
286KB, 600x400px
>>111197817
>They'd prefer someone like Inko.

We're talking about Japanese females, not about western landwhales who want girl power. Inko has a popular seiyuu who guys love. Hime doesn't.

They love girls who are fawn at for no reason and princesses.
>>
>>111198624
No idea who voices Inko but the character is shit and will die soon. Princess so much better.
>>
>>111182485
Shoudl I pick this up?
>>
>>111186800
>>111183325
Because they were shithead dumb terrans that thought they were fighting against a mecha that can't rape a group of them. And they're also using outdated mechs.

Meanwhile, our MC is a goddamn person like Ender (Ender's Game) without the emotional backlash. He's superior because he's using a new mech and he takes everything with an analytical mind.

capcha: versnas and
>>
>>111198256
>Women love Hime

What's your source, Pixiv or some English forum? And never mind the fact you're actually comparing her with Lieselotte when there's no possible comparison. She was paired with L-elf which had an out-of-control popularity and made everyone he had screentime with look popular. As a bottom line, the girls' favorite for Valvrave was actually Saki. Fanart numbers are misleading.
>>
Why do people say he's autistic? Apart from the egg thing I'd say he's doing ok. Not everyone wears their emotions on their face you know.
>>
>>111198624
How did you manage to save that image as a gif?
>>
>idiots still think people call him a shitty MC because he's smart

He's a shitty MC because there's barely any personality and that in an effort to make the MC look smart, everyone else is made to look more retarded.
>>
>>111198624
The fuck are you talking about? Amamiya Sora's on track to be the next big young seiyuu. She has like 4-5 main roles in just this season.
>>
>>111198798
Because the people saying he's autistic are normalfags and in normalfag land if you're not going around fucking girls, drinking beer, making an ass out of yourself, and slap male sports players on their butts in the locker room then you're not normal.
>>
>>111198772
>L-elf
> had an out-of-control popularity

Just because he ranked one time on Otomedia and Newtype it doesn't mean he was popular at all. Which he clearly wasn't because he has no particular merch related to him and the whole franchise now is as dead as corpse.
>>
>>111198824
http://ugoira.dataprocessingclub.org/ or the install gentoo solution https://github.com/an-electric-sheep/userscripts
>>
>>111198772
>What's your source

Girls mags had a lot of articles about L-Elf and her. Gee, I wonder if girls were more interested in Saki or Lieselotte.
>>
>>111198848
Why can't that be his personality? Look at Tatsuya from Mahouka he doesn't show much emotions and smart as fuck, and he is a great MC.
>>
>>111198904
in short: introvert = autist
>>
>>111198798
Typical /a/ man, what did you expect?
>>
File: 1398564444670.gif (106KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398564444670.gif
106KB, 625x626px
>>111199059
>Tatsuya from Mahouka he doesn't show much emotions and smart as fuck, and he is a great MC.
>>
>>111177821
Only for people who watch too much haremshit
>>
>>111199059
>Tatsuya
>great MC

>ohgodmysides.jpg
>>
>>111198910
You do realize we're talking about people who actually watched the show and not the entire Japanese population, right?

>>111198987
Because Saki wasn't L-elf's love interest and girls weren't interested in Haruto/Saki, genius. If you actually bothered to check Japanese boards, polls and social networks instead of reading Otomedia you'd see that girls liked to see L-elf and Lieselotte together but their favorite female was Saki.
>>
>>111199086
Can you explain to me what an autistic is?
>>
File: hmm.gif (336KB, 438x482px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hmm.gif
336KB, 438x482px
This is the worst thread I've seen in a while. Sasuga, shitposters.
>>
>>111177821
MCs these days are expected to be slightly bland characters with no real outstanding traits outside of generic ones like "Slightly smart but lazy" or "Athletic but lazy" or the worst "Popular for no reason" in order to make them easier for self-inserts.
>>
>>111177983
This. Shinji and all of his clones should die.

They can take the typical awkward harem MCs with them.
>>
File: 44940491.webm (107KB, 1050x700px)
44940491.webm
107KB, 1050x700px
>>111198976
Oh man this is awesome, thank you very much.
>>
>>111199213
>an autistic
You can do better than that.
>>
>>111199190
Yes, I realize that and for an anime that managed to have such visibility as Valvrave, L-Elf wasn't that popular as you might think.

> but their favorite female was Saki.

And I should trust the word of some random anon on /a/ that says to know Japanese over the steady number of articles from girls magazines about another character.
>>
>>111199352
Umm... I'm just wondering what your definition of autistic person is?
>>
>>111199441
I was just responding to the other anon, outlining how the word is misused to mean something else.

As for the definition, refer to wikipedia.
>>
>>111199189
>>111199131
>Great love for his sister
>takes out terrorists ring
>beats up chinks
>kicks the shit out of the blooms and slowly gets rid of the prejudiced at the school
>invents new items to help out his friends and school mates in the tournament and every day life
>all of it accomplished using logic, science, facts, and statistics

I guess I shouldn't have expected much from shounenfags who need their power levels and screaming the name of their attacks and being bumbling idiots like their Goku, Luffy, Ichigo, and Narutoes.
>>
File: 40555102.png (794KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
40555102.png
794KB, 1000x1300px
Yeah, Urobuchi protags are always such emotionless drones. They're always one-dimensional and NEVER do we ever see any revelations in respect to their backstory that open up the floodgates to a deeply involving and empathetic characterization.
>>
>>111199673
>all of it accomplished using logic, science, facts, and statistics
And superpowers
>>
>>111199727
inb4 homu hate/praise shitposting
>>
>>111177865
Mah Nigga. I'm watching Aldnoah.Zero both for Kominato Ruuko and Hitoe.
>>
>>111198987
The "what's your source" part was for Aldnoah by the way.

>>111199417
L-elf was the most popular among everyone who watched Valvrave with a very big gap when compared to other characters, so yes, he was as popular as I think.
By "steady number of articles from girls magazines about another character" you actually mean like, one or two that had a dedicated spread, right? Because everything else were the footnotes every now and then which were the regular amount for every anime that has some sort of love story. And yes, you should trust my word over how many articles you think that were printed in a magazine such as Otomedia.

And enough talking about Valvrave in this thread, if you want to discuss character popularity bring post your sources for "Hime is the favorite character among women"
>>
>>111199727
Why would you post the worst Meguca?
>>
>>111199545
Well I looked it up and Inhao can't be autistic. If anything a shounen MC would be the definition of autistic since they're prone to fits of rage, screaming, concentrate on one thing(Training arcs), oblivious to their surround and the people around them(people's feelings namely the females)
>>
>>111193600
Aldnoah zero got the merit to have revealed an astronomic number of tards on this board.
>>
>>111199842
You're right anon. In a thread about a emotionally indifferent protagonist written by Gen Urobuchi, why would some bring up someone like Kerry or Homerun-chan? Obviously Iri or Sayaka would have MUCH more relevant.
>>
>>111199673
>all this projecting

Can't say I expected much from someone who eats up Gary Stu protags.
>>
>>111196449
Oh /a/non please in this case every single character is self-insert.
>>
>>111197196
Actually I went to pivix to try to see how many artists draw the princess:

22 males
59 females

Also the triangle shit is limited to the female art. Males have her calling off screen Slaine, posing naked or being yuribait with the maid.
>>
>He doesn't go full muh higher values for >5 mins every episode
>hurrdurr autistic and emotionless
you guys haven't talk to real humans in years, ahve you?
>>
File: 1390860121117.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1390860121117.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
Why don't the martians just hire other humans to fight task force autism instead?
>>
>>111199887
Well yes, very few characters called autistic by /a/ actually have autism. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou or maybe L come to mind.

/a/ uses "autism" by cherrypicking aspects of high functioning autism or aspergers and matching that to any character that is emotionless, asocial, highly intelligent/analytical and/or introverted.
It has very little meaning these days
>>
>>111200140
That looks normal to me, women have a lot more presence in Pixiv than men do these days.
>>
>>111200478
I was just listing data since I didn't know. There's no interest in the mcfags in have this triangle. What I saw is badly drawn incest porn.

That's what they prefer.
>>
>>111200036
They kind of do actually.
>>
>that little handlebar on the mech's wrist

Man, the attention to details in this anime is simply amazing.
>>
>>111200765

Wow. It literally surpasses Gundam.
>>
>>111200436
>/a/ uses "autism" by cherrypicking aspects of high functioning autism or aspergers and matching that to any character that is emotionless, asocial, highly intelligent/analytical and/or introverted.

I wish that was the case more often. I can dismiss that as colloquial hyperbole. Half the time, it's a replacement for "retarded".
>>
>>111200607
That data can't be used to measure any sort of popularity though. As I said, men don't use Pixiv as much as women do these days and not everyone that watches a show draws and posts there.
>>
>>111200765
That means it's common enough to transport humans on the hand of the mechs. Which is silly, because using hands only makes sense when you 1:1 map the pilot's hands to them. And if you do you risk squishing the humans with one thoughtless motion.
>>
>>111200953

You're such a fucking hater go back to /m/ if you can't appreciate a good show for its merits
>>
>>111200992
I don't hate it. I just find it a tiny bit silly, even though the detail is well-intentioned.
>>
>>111200904

I didn't say it was the whole fanbase, but it's a sample.
>>
File: 1313963357579.jpg (39KB, 264x282px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1313963357579.jpg
39KB, 264x282px
>>111200805
>>111200992
I see the shitposters are at it again. You should at least try changing your line of attack.
>>
>>111200904
Where exactly do male artists post their art now? I'm just curious. Because it's a myth that pixiv is mostly female. It depends of the fandom.
>>
>>111180160
But there are a hundred of those these days. Onii-sama or the fag from No Game no Life.
>>
File: 1398343868169.png (24KB, 256x192px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398343868169.png
24KB, 256x192px
I dunno about you guys, but I much prefer to see the main character BECOME competent and go from bad to great at what he does. Atleast when it comes to a war drama.

I think in these kind of stories there should be some sort of sacrifice for being able to efficiently take down your enemies. Like how you'll have characters like Yazan who are excellent pilots that mow down everyone but at the cost of being an absolutely insane asshole.

When the character can do all of that from the get go while still being treated like some sort of hero it just feels forced.
>>
name at least 10 mecha shows with believable "he gits gud" stories

i'm waiting.
>>
>>111201444
The original Macross.
>>
>>111195379
Which is hilarious because Build Fighters is the very definition of mediocre.
>>
>>111201565
Yes and no. It had the best mecha action a TV show has had since Star Driver. It just had really poor protagonists.
>>
>>111201444
TTGL
>>
Why is a Five Star Stories robot in this anime?
>>
>>111201618
>best mecha action a TV show has had since Star Driver.

This is what build babbies actually believe.
>>
>>111201444
There aren't that many, sadly. Gundam, Macross from the top of my head.
>>111201565
It had god-tier mecha/SFX porn and the girls design was pretty good. Enough for me.
>>
File: 14071220182815.jpg (211KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
14071220182815.jpg
211KB, 1280x1440px
>>111201410
>who are excellent pilots that mow down everyone but at the cost of being an absolutely insane asshole.
And being competent in some fields while being oblivious in others, isn't good enough for you?

I believe it's established quite clearly that Inaho has his strengths and weaknesses.
>>
File: 1405797672502.png (176KB, 640x711px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405797672502.png
176KB, 640x711px
Why is Gon the only good on-going anime MC?
>>
>people are complaining about the MC instead of the CG
So, the CG is good enough for /a/
>>
>>111201734
His weakness doesn't seem to be affecting him in any negative way though.
So far the only think his weakness has allowed is for him to meet the princess in disguise.
>>
>>111185612
Was that glasses guy on the boat talking about Inko or Egg-nee?
>>
>>111201923
His autism boner for the Princess made him pull a retarded plan to delay the second knight and it almost got him killed. He would've been dead if the Navy ship hadn't shown up and convinced the knight to retreat. His broken mech and Calm were not going to beat Vlad on their own.
>>
>>111201788

He's shit.
>>
Whoever that animator and his love for legs, I salute thee.
>>
>>111186161
-dere implies they end up in love or are in love at first but don't show it/can't show it
No one from Eva is -dere at all
Any characters that are -dere are likely fucking shitty shallow characters that would be completely uninteresting without their "target" character
>>
>>111201923
We are also only 4 episodes in. Whereas episode 1 barely counts as far as Inaho is concerned.
He hasn't really had much time to do much of anything yet.
>>
File: 1370433726334.png (177KB, 583x555px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1370433726334.png
177KB, 583x555px
>>111202124
Find a better MC anon-kun
>>
>>111202178
Legs with black pantyhose are the best and I fucking love the focus on them.
>>
>>111202233
There was love in Eva. It was just buried under despair and trauma. But it would be stupid to deny that it wasn't even a thing.
Or at the very least there were people crushing on eachother, if you prefer that term over the term love.
>>
File: 1367572538996.jpg (139KB, 640x963px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1367572538996.jpg
139KB, 640x963px
>>111202299
Yang.
>>
File: 002.jpg (983KB, 2860x2000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
002.jpg
983KB, 2860x2000px
>>111202325
What about things like picture related?
>>
>>111202398
I am pretty sure the worst conceivable democracy wouldn't even be able to sustain life for its citizens.
What is he even on about?
>>
>>111202398
On-going
>>
>>111201364
In their own blogs, sites or twitter mostly. It's not a myth and I didn't say there were more females than males, just that females happen to be more active in that site. This only means they post more fanart and therefore influence count numbers. Sure, if you're talking about something targeted mainly at male audience you won't find that many art by females.
>>
>>111202398
I'll take being ruled by a hyper-competent king than living in India or some of those other "democracies."
>>
>>111186001
>Emotionally controlled, confident, reliable
He may be as boring as a rock but he's leagues better than Slaine so far.
>>
>>111186161

kuudere = l-elf
dandere = inaho

learn the difference pleb
>>
So far Slaine's thing is much more interesting than whatever Inaho is going to do.
>>
File: 1396569148858.png (392KB, 640x478px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396569148858.png
392KB, 640x478px
>>111202531
It still provides a pretense of freedom and leaves room for change by mass public demand. Autocracies grow more corrupt and do so faster than Democracies. Rule by blood or tradition might work in the short term, but in the long term it hurts far more people. For all its flaws, Democracy is still the best form of government.

>>111202657
Until he ultimately finds himself in an early grave just so his selfish and power-abusing successor takes over, leaving you stuck as forced labor with no rights or power.

>>111202540
Right, my bad.
>>
>>111202763
I find them both interesting. I'm tentatively excited for when their plotlines converge.
>>
>>111177821
>People complain about whiny, useless Shinji
>Japs make complete opposite no emotions, competent pilot for MC
>People complain about new MC

You can't win this game.
>>
>>111202390
Love doesn't mean they are kuudere, tsundere, yandere, or other types of -dere though. When you define a character by -dere you're basically saying "hey this character has zero organic personality traits and can only be defined by their shallow relationship with another character"

Basically my issue is that you used an NGE character, namely Rei, as a picture supporting the idea of Kuudere. Now while I may not find Rei personally enjoyable, she as a character is very interesting and doesn't actually fall into the kuudere category. None of the characters in NGE are -dere characters.
People like to say Asuka is tsundere but the fact is that she is a bitch to everyone pretty much. Shinji isn't a special case. Asuka can't be defined by her relationship with him, and that's what makes her a good character. Rei has similar interactions.
It's a common misconception to label loving cunts as tsundere, or quiet caring people as kuudere.

It's like, is Senj?gahara from the monogatari series kuudere, tsundere, or yandere? The answer is that she's none, because she's actually a well thought out and self-aware character that, while in a relationship with the main character, isn't defined by this relationship.
In essence, any character that can be labeled as a form of -dere is almost 100% of the time shit. Period.
>>
>>111202865
>Until he ultimately finds himself in an early grave just so his selfish and power-abusing successor takes over, leaving you stuck as forced labor with no rights or power.
It's about as easy to overthrow a king, as it is to change a fucked up democracy for the better.
>>
>>111202763
I was interested in Slaine's plot at first but I prefer watching Inaho's antics for now. I'm not a fan of changing-things-from-the-inside angle, I'd prefer if Slaine did something more reckless and impulsive like when he shot Bowlcut down.
>>
>>111202925
The problem with this is that it assumes that the people making one complaint are the same ones making the next one. That logic is faulty.

Because /a/ has different people with different opinions, everything can and will be bitched at. Just take it in stride.
>>
>>111202966
Asuka is a tsundere because she is tsun towards Shinji. Then warms up to him but keeps up a tsun front. To ultimately being dere even though she has her tsun qualities.
>>
File: 1406400601301.png (96KB, 297x243px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406400601301.png
96KB, 297x243px
>>111177821
Viewers these days would rather skip those silly "emotion" parts and just get straight into people getting killed and action.

People just don't have patience these days. They need everything to be like their 2 hour action movies
>>
>>111201788
>>111202299
Sabagebu's
>>
I like the new ED
>>
>>111179801

>gary stu

Wish people like you would just die.
>>
>>111202898
I'm hoping that happens. I rarely enjoy male protagonists on their own, but when they have foils I really get into it.
>>
Emotionless robot they said.
>>
File: Inko3.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Inko3.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>111198714
You're a shit.
>>
>>111185124
balance is required

I wish Mx0 got an anime.
>>
>>111203078
Gotta love all the people here calling this guy autistic like they never ever seen a distanced social remote person themselves if they aren't one.

But yeah you're right no matter what gets done someone will complain, no exceptions. Its as bad as rule 34.
>>
>>111203314
I wish Mx0 had more chapters.
>>
>>111202966
>In essence, any character that can be labeled as a form of -dere is almost 100% of the time shit. Period.
This is because most anime creates a main characters and then builds out from there, sadly.
If you look at all the actually decent anime, you'll see that each character seems like a self-contained entity interacting with the world and other characters, rather than simply support for the MC

>>111203089
>she's tsundere because she's tsun to Shinji and then warms up
She's not tsun to everyone and only warms up to some people. She would only be tsundere if she warmed up too all characters after being a bitch to all characters. As it stands she isn't tsundere.
Now, some of her relationships with other characters may have tsundere qualities, but this does not label the character as a whole as tsundere.
>>
>>111203013
He's not changing from the inside, he's trapped there and he wants out somehow.

He doesn't trust anyone, not even Tokiomi.
>>
>>111203334

This. Inaho is one of the most realistic MCs that I can remember in recent anime but people want a screaming kid for a hero.
>>
>>111202898
Too bad it's going to be tainted with love triangle.
>>
>>111203118
Why does everybody have to bring meta into stories? Doesn't anyone into suspension of disbelief anymore?

It's always "pandering" this and "urobutcher" that and every anime ever is used to fuel some pessimistic view on the industry.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're not going to get someone involved in a world and its characters if they have an emotional wall up. Somehow that person is going to blame the story? Really?

It's like trying to force a five-year-old American girl to eat her broccoli. She already had her mind made up about the food before she ever tasted it. Doesn't mean that the broccoli objectively tastes bad (or that her tastes are objectively bad).
>>
>>111203457
>She would only be tsundere if she warmed up too all characters after being a bitch to all characters. As it stands she isn't tsundere.
What? No. That's completely bullshit.
It's enough that she had that relationship with one character.

She was tsundere for Shinji. And depicted as a tsundere in the story.
>>
I hope Vlad-sama comes back and restores his honor.
>>
>>111203457
>If you look at all the actually decent anime, you'll see that each character seems like a self-contained entity interacting with the world and other characters, rather than simply support for the MC

I think this really separates well written stories from the rest of the garbage that gets made. Then again, the authors don't always remember to uphold it.
>>
>>111203549
>defining a character based on one relationship
stop watching shitty shows, it's polluting your mind
>>
I want /m/ to leave.
>>
>>111203463
He isn't trapped anywhere nor is he a prisoner, he flew his carrier to the Martian ship instead of somewhere else on Earth out of his own will. Changing things from the inside implies a fault in the system that he's trying to correct without going against it directly.
>>
>>111202925
>make shitty MC
>people complain
I wonder why?
>>
>>111201673

You don't skip leg days do you anon?
>>
File: 1406419707473.jpg (176KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406419707473.jpg
176KB, 1100x500px
>>111202925
I like Inaho.
>>
>>111177821

>hating on autistic people

Autistic people are the only people actively making the world a better place.
>>
>>111201923
>His weakness doesn't seem to be affecting him in any negative way though.

The show did foreshadow his increasing recklessness though. Wouldn't be surprised to see his plan fail in the near future which will also cost the life of his teammate.
>>
>>111203636
You do realize that all the -dere types are relative archetypes, right? They require a context by definition.

And yes. One relationship is fine. The relationship the character is involved in.
You don't need to fall in love and dere up with your entire social sphere in order to classify as one of the types.
>>
>>111203197
Does that mean the princess is Estelle and Rayet is Rita?
>>
>>111203511
>Inaho is one of the most realistic MCs
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>111203889
>it requires context
so you're telling me that it can change depending on context and yet you want to classify someone based on one relationship

are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>111202325
Indeed my brother of African descent.
>>
>>111203754

Just because you don't like the MC doesn't give you the right to shitpost a great show. Just think back to shows with shitty MCs

>Code Geass
>TTGL
>Kill la Kill
>Gundam Build Fighter
>Madoka

all shitty MCs but whats important is /a/ gave those shows a chance
>>
>>111203953
>are you fucking kidding me
No I am not. You can be one thing in one context and yet not be that one thing in another context, while people still generalizing and calling you that thing when describing you.

And this is commonly how these terms are used.
>>
>>111204004
>great
It's a little early to say that, isn't it?
But I actually enjoy Aldnoah Zero and try to stop shitposting when I see some, but it's just that I don't like this logic of "people don't like this archetype so they should like the opposite". Fuck archetypes. I only like good characters.
>>
>>111203228
i like how he smiles briefly from time to time that most people don't catch because they aren't watching properly

>>111203290
ink is love, inko is life
>>
>>111204109
that's stupid
that's like saying Sasuke isn't an edgy emo faggot because one time he cared about Naruto almost dying
Sasuke is now tsundere for Naruto
Best character ever
>>
>>111204004
>whats important is /a/ gave those shows a chance

Don't lump us /a/ with these pathetic cross-boarders from /m/.
>>
>>111199727
You trying to say Homu is sympathetic cause she got attached to the first person who shows her genuine kindness? That's kinda sad dude.
>>
File: 131104175349239.jpg (475KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
131104175349239.jpg
475KB, 1280x2880px
>>111204004
>>Gundam Build Fighter
Anon. Sei was a very lacking character, but the show made up for it by never directing too much of the focus on him in particular at any given moment. Sharing the limelight with Reiji and the rich cast around them.

And from that perspective, Sei really wasn't that bad.
>>
>>111203856
He does what's necessary at the moment, even if it costs him the lives of his teammates, he knows that there is no other way. The usual MC takes much more time to reach this kind of resolve because emotions are at play, but it's easy for Inaho because emotions aren't part of his decision making tree.
>>
>>111204155
>i like how he smiles briefly from time to time that most people don't catch because they aren't watching properly

So far he's a far more compelling protagonist than most recent mecha anime.
>>
inb4 diaper scene next ep with nee-san to show just how severe his autism is.
Don't you doubt urobutcher.
>>
>>111203979
I hope nothing bad happens to Calm and Inko, I like seeing them help out the MC in his plans.
>>
>>111204237
>And from that perspective, Sei really wasn't that bad.

Nah, he was so dull that Reiji is the actual main protagonist of that series and even then he is nothing special.
>>
File: 03051442712.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
03051442712.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
>>111203457
>>111203636
Just what in the world are you rambling about?
So you are saying that Yumiko for instance wasn't kuudere?
>>
>>111203817
i know practically little about wh40k, what makes him like the rotting skeleton guy?
>>
>>111204155
>most people don't catch because they aren't watching properly
>they aren't watching properly

wow you are one pretentious weeb
>>
>>111204404

This. They were horrible MCs. Valverave had better MCs.
>>
These threads are getting increasingly boring and repetitive.
>>
>>111204452

Anything he does works.
He gives fucks for nothing.
He walks about his life like he knows exactly whats going to happen and he doesn't give a shit regardless.
All he cares about is his goal and how you fit in it.
>>
>>111204443
I'm saying you can't define a character by one relationship with another character
If that is their defining characteristic then they are a bland and poorly written character
>>
>>111204547
MC doesn't seem to have goals though
>>
>>111204481
Precisely. I don't understand these Build babbies complaining that A/Z lacks good characterization when GBF is even worse in this regard.
>>
>>111204559
Defining characters by a single trait is likely a mistake to begin with. But that doesn't mean the traits does not apply.

Why are you going all absolute about it? The world is not in absolutes.
>>
>>111204491
No wonder, that is the same fanbase of VVV, the post are literally the same, just change the name and the subject field of the thread.
Only thing different is that these threads have more autistic people defending every kind of shit and sucking A-1's cock and the shipping is way worse.
>>
>>111204602

His goal is the plot. And when the plot doesn't want him to do anything yet, his goal is looking busy like the plot is about to explode any second.
>>
>>111201724
>>111204615
>build babbies
>Build babbies
Are you still trying to imply that veteran fans didn't love GBF as well?
>>
>>111177821
Apparently yes, fuck i like how he's fearless sometimes but it gets to the point of just being plain unbelievable.
>>
>>111204705
Those aren't goals for a character
>>
>>111204714
>fearless
I really do not think Inaho is fearless.
Though I guess you could call him brave.
>>
>>111202925
No he's just poorly written, even shinji has more to offer than this faggot of MC.
>>
>>111204712
Plebs who think that GBF is good are the same kind of crowd who thinks that TTGL is the definitive Super Robot anime.
>>
File: Tgku0U8.jpg (131KB, 1237x1367px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tgku0U8.jpg
131KB, 1237x1367px
So many posts and no mention of Momoka Sonokawa yet. I am disappointed
>>
>>111204697
It wasn't necessary to call the kettle back, pot.
>>
File: 1405206477371.png (173KB, 291x403px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405206477371.png
173KB, 291x403px
>>111204452
He's competent and stoic and defending Earth.

His enemies on Mars dug up an ancient god and started worshiping alien technology.

It's basically an alternate universe where humanity woke up the Void Dragon on Mars and the Emperor had to reveal himself early to unify Earth, defeat Mars, and put the Void Dragon back in his bitch coma. Can't wait for him to turn Calm into a Primarch.
>>
>>111204843
Truly the MC of the season.
>>
>>111204812
That statement is completely unfounded. And ideas like this is why /m/ is in such shit whenever GBF is brought up.
>>
>>111204812
Build Fighters is about the most generous and sincere fanservice Sunrise has ever provided.
It was meant to be enjoyed, and most did. What's your problem with it really?
>>
>>111204786
I like both Shinji and Inaho, they're interesting in different ways.
>>
>>111204651
>the world is not in absolutes
bad writing is though, that's why it's bad
if it's a good character they shouldn't be able to be defined by one relationship.
It's like saying The Major from GitS is tsundere just because she was a bitch to the tachikomas before warming up (a little too late though, considering they all died. RIP in pieces)

But yeah, my point is only badly written characters can be generalized by relationships with other characters.
Good characters can have -dere relationships, but will never be defined by them
Bad characters are defined by their relationships, because they have nothing else
>>
>>111204469
but it's true, see all the complains about inaho not having emotions
>>
>>111205087
>defined by one relationship.
You can have a trait without it being the only traits that defines you.
I really hope that idea isn't hard to understand.
>>
>>111205068
How many Gundams should I watch before picking GBF?
>>
>>111203511
>Muh Narutoh!
>Muh arbitrary Powerlevels and training!
Also OMG there is no love interest for the MC yet WHEN WILL THE HAREM COME
>>
>>111205143
>I agree with you about potatoes
>yeah but do you agree that potatoes?
>Yes that's what I just said, potatoes
>yeah but don't you know that potatoes?
Jesus fuck, I'm done
>>
>>111205191
This. The shipperfags and haremfags were completely obnoxious.
>>
>>111205141
Or about 15 years of preparation
>>
>>111205087
>It's like saying The Major from GitS is tsundere
My Sides are reaching orbit. Perfect example mate.
>>
>>111205233
A person can have a trait. You can call or speak of someone by that trait.
And all this can be true without that trait being the only thing that defines the character.
>>
>>111205148
Depends. The only thing it'll change is your enthusiasm when seeing your favourite robot having a cameo in the show, but that's about it. You could also just watch it right now.
>>
Inaho's calm attitude and execution doesn't both me, but I'd like to see more grimacing and frowning, even to just compliment the very subtle smiles he gives now and then. It doesn't have to be over the top or anything.

I don't feel there's anything inherently bad about him but the lack of range when it comes to his expressions just makes it very hard to feel any sort of connection towards him as a character. He'd really benefit from having even just subtle shifts in facial expressions.
>>
>>111177821
>emotionless

Stop being autistic. He has plenty of emotions.
>>
>>111205327
>15 years of preparations
>Caught completely offguard
>Totally incompetent except for a highschooler saving everyone's lives

Sasuga, Earth.
>>
>>111178899
Well, maybe the majority do have feelings, but there is a form of autism where you actually don't have any.
One of my mom's friend's daughter had it. They told her her grandmother ( who was always with her) had died and all she had to say was "Ok." Didn't even cry or anything.
>>
>>111205424
a bad character doesn't have different traits
because of this a bad character can be defined in general to be "one" trait

I don't see what is so hard to understand
Bad writing exists
Fictional characters can be defined by one general trait due to bad writing of that character
Because bad characters can be defined by one or two traits due to bad writing, -dere characters exist

good characters have -dere as a trait in a relationship
bad characters have -dere as a character trait

I can't think of any other way to explain this shit
>>
>>111205148
All that's necessary is the original series.
>>
>>111205938
0079?
>>
>>111205907
A character can have -dere as a character trait and still be enjoyable.
And vice versa.
Is a good character one you enjoy or one that is written in a certain way?
Ok, this is actually a good generalization you made, since most "having this as a trait" are not much enjoyable.
>>
>>111205566
I do have to say Slaine I like more simply because of this he does shake and tremble and change opinions right on his face more often. I am assuming Inaho will start showing more emotions over time.
>>
>>111205704
Name one.
>>
>>111206088
Fear. He said it himself.
>>
>>111205966
Yeah, just watch the movies.
>>
>>111205907
>>111206064
Why you two keep arguing in circles?


Describe the following Aldnoah.Zero character WITHOUT saying what they look like, what kind of costume they wore, or what their profession or role in the anime was. Describe this character like they ain't never seen Aldnoah.Zero before in their lives.

>Inaho
>>
>>111194771
Do you really think that with this kind of introduction he actually has some reason? That's some nice delusion
>>
>>111206181
Competent, stoic, Gary Stu
>>
File: 1405855953243.jpg (362KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405855953243.jpg
362KB, 1280x720px
>>111205723
Retard pls
>>
File: 1390389167573.jpg (42KB, 480x590px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1390389167573.jpg
42KB, 480x590px