[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi guys gamedev here. making a game that combines elements from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_odu1lb3r2R1qexkv0o1_500.gif (264KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odu1lb3r2R1qexkv0o1_500.gif
264KB, 500x511px
hi guys gamedev here. making a game that combines elements from hearthstone, dota and pokemon. the idea is pretty original and create, it think this could become something pretty neat.

time has come however to decide wether my combat screen should be 3d or 2d. if 2d i could do everything myself, no problemo. but 3d would be a lot cooler. however i'd have to outsource the models as well as the animations.

my question: what would it cost to have a model like this modelled and made a set of animations for (say a total of 6 animations) ?

posting some models that are very much in the complexity and style im after
>>
File: tumblr_ny05j6keSy1r4xic0o3_500.gif (458KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny05j6keSy1r4xic0o3_500.gif
458KB, 500x500px
>>
>>575022
I'm sure some pajeet on fiverr would do it for a couple bucks
>>
15$ at most

go on indiegamer and ask
>>
With animations, I'd say from 150 all the way to 300 usd.
Don't listen to retards above
>>
https://discord.gg/0Y4utWZT6cw7HUcE

I'm sure some idiot in the discord would love to do this.
>>
>>575022

>my question: what would it cost to have a model like this modelled and made a set of animations for (say a total of 6 animations) ?

By a sonichu-tier mouth breather hack? About $12-30.

By someone who actually has a style and can maintain a reliable level of quality? $60< for a doggo, $90< for a person with clothes, basic facial expressions etc. And that's assuming the optimistic pajeet option, i.e. someone that lives in a cheap country. Its 1-4 days of work. The simplistic paint job doesn't really drive the price down at all with modern tools. Low poly aesthetic kind of helps, but not tremendously so.

>time has come however to decide wether my combat screen should be 3d or 2d

That's the 1st thing you decide, frankly, because it ties into what kind of engine you're using.

Try to make the alpha of the game before you actually start buying assets, bubb. Use some free models as standins. Maybe partner up with someone who can make these in return for whatever compensation the game might provide in the end.
>>
>>575044
yeah you're not going to get anyone with a decent portfolio to do shit for those prices. Not even a chinese kid having to support his disabled father and retarded mother on his own.
>>
>>575044
your priced is correct but since freelance 3d have such crappy demand your pricing is false
>>
>>575022
>hearthstone, dota and pokemon
so you're gonna have a rng p2w moba with retarded characters from a shitty anime?
>>
>>575022

That's a good dog, Bront.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.