[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/3/, i need your opinion on this,: What this is, it's an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5

File: photo.jpg (41KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
41KB, 900x900px
/3/, i need your opinion on this,:

What this is, it's an apparently upgraded version of blender, called "Bforartists" made by some german people,
The thing is, that it's actually better, but i don't know if stop using blender for this, or stay with old Rusty blender?

If you want to hear some features:

>Non shitty controls
>Better ui
>Some things, don't crash as in blender.

Help a blender dude, Prof/3/sionals
>>
>>573297

this is actually pretty interesting.
>>
>>573297
So this is actually what Blenderfags say regular Blender is? Because if that's the case then I'd say go all for it. Though I don't know if the development that's done on the main branch of original Blender would be able to be meshed with the new one. But if it's better in every way and is the actual equivalent to what original Blender is touted as, then this should be a better switch. Go for it.
>>
>>573302

I know, what amazes me it's that it's new and very stable.
>>
>>573306

I'm still exploring it, also what you said, its apparently the thing that they want to do, proper development, that's not shitty, it says on the page of the app.
>>
>>573308
>we dont have shitty development like Blender Foundation
The balls of these developers.
>>
>>573297
This is really cool, this might convince me to learn blender. Will the new eevee renderer be available for this
>>
>>573321

Hey friend, would you mind telling me what feature do you like about it?
>>
>>573322
Better ui and better hotkeys. Hotkeys should come after ui even though it means the workflow is slower
>>
>>573323

Pretty interesting, probably they will do.
>>
>>573322
I am trying it out myself.

>Easy to understand and use UI, instead of using nodes and going through double menus it's just one click and you have it.

>Shortcuts similar to Cinema4D where it's just click. extrude rather than weird shortcuts to extrude that never made sense.

My only hope is he adds on Filmic lighting that is free add on that was promised by Blender but basically never did happen and Kaleidoscope for accuracy of colors. I do think this could possibly make me switch over to Bforartists soon enough. Hopefully some C4D ease of use gets added as well.
>>
>>573321
Yes it will. Basically he mentions on the Bforartists that it is not meant to replace Blender, but only to make a better UI sand shortcut version. It's out of his expertise anyways.
>>
>>573329

I was also testing it by myself, this thing may become something big, especially because the developers are not bad as blender foundation as it seems yet.

Oh, and about the filmic lighting i didn't know about that, amazing feature, hopefully it becomes real on any of these programs.
>>
>>573330

From the videos, they don't even like Bforartists being compared to blender, they going full rogue, i love it.
>>
>>573333
Filmic was discussed by Blender Guru(aka Blender Schill who tries to damage control even though it's obvious about how poor it is done) that it is vastly superior than default Blender render in terms of lighting.

One interesting thing that should be implemented that I see a lot of programs mess up on including Blender and Cinema4D is the keyframing they never do it like After Effects with the stopwatch which makes it easy and convenient rather than trying to check if you did it right.

I am confident they can pull it off the UI is amazingly easy to learn and as is the basics like extrude. Its also ironic that they added in left click = move which Blender said they would but can not do so.
>>
>>573336

I'm blender fag, but is it the hotkey modelling thing really uncomfortable or hard?
>>
>>573337
Actually the hotkey and modeling is not the problem in Blender but if it's what you fully rely on them and not the simplicity by using the mouse and having it be interactive it becomes a problem.

Bforartists gets that from what I noticed. Hotkeys are not meant to be used a lot only in certain situations.
>>
File: MAD.gif (432KB, 348x512px) Image search: [Google]
MAD.gif
432KB, 348x512px
JESUS, WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU GUYS ON?

The Bforartists IS the same Blender of Blender Foundation on every single line of code. The only thing the Bforartists team did was change/rearrange the UI and the hotkeys and thats it, there was no real development or improvement on the software itself.

It even says on the website "The primary goal of the Bforartists fork is to deliver a better graphical UI and a better usability"

Just stop whining and learn Blender. If you can, help support Blender Foudation where the real development happens.

>>573329
>>573333
BTW, the Filmic addon is already incorporated in the upcoming Blender version 2.79.
>>
>>573350

Actually they did.

Also changing the UI, and properly hot keys is something not even the originals blender developers or Guru, would have ever done.
>>
>>573350

thats the dumbest comment ive read here in a long time
>>
>>573350
>No Development or improvement on the software
>Change the UI to make it simple and easy to use

That is an improvement already. I did try learning it and it was a huge pain to get around the UI and to try to understand the whole node structure instead of focusing on the model and manipulation of shapes.
>>
>>573350
>>573365

my issue isn't even with learning it its sustained usage. it is kind of a mess

and using the main fork isn't supporting the devs any more. idk what people get this idea from; this is what open source software is about
>>
>>573350
lots of crybabies here on /3/ just ignore them.

those people could spend all of this crying time and just switch software, they don't want to watch tutorials, they don't want to learn. all they do is ugly low poly waifus anyway
>>
>>573378
They don't want to learn to do things the Blender way, which is the wrong way. And they're right.
>>
>>573380
good. they should download maya and create garbage over there
>>
>>573388
>>573378
>>573350

Here is your (you)
>>
>>573350
As an Autodesk guy I would never learn Blender by Blender Foundation. This however, seems quite more polished and superior because of what they've done, and it might even make me cancel my sub. Stop being buttblasted.
>>
>>573393
it's called autofag
>>
>>573395
Autofag, Blenderfag whatever. Point stands that this actually opens up Blender to those that didn't want to hassle with the retarded way Blender does things and now can learn in a better UI format. I will definitely be checking this out, though again, not sure if I will switch.
>>
no short cuts via keyboard

if your plan was to destroy the speed at which one can model

congratulations, you did it.

has some nice ui additions though, however i would not use this over blender.

maybe for a beginner (only because they dont know the program) it could be better but as someone who uses blender alot, this feels like two steps forward one step back, kinda like a rouge group that wants their way without actually being better.
>>
>>573407
exactly like they described at their homepage

>A complete switch in the useage philosophy.
>Away from the hotkey and speed centered useage.
>Towards a user friendly and intuitive graphical UI.

Fuck this useage philosophy, its lame and vanilla Blender is superior.

It might be easier to learn for noobs, but fuck the noobs.

With some plugins Blender becomes the fastest modeller. Its idiotic to put a clicky icon-based workflow on top of it and take away the superior speed.
Should be named BforNoobs.
>>
>>573414
after you work a while with blender, you start to see how everything is well organized.
i can probably model an entire thing without clicking the keyboard, i have the left panel for my convenience (creating objects, mesh operations,physics etc) and i have the right panel for doing measurements and orientation.
i can probably model fast with just the left panel alone, but that's not gonna cut it. if i need anything else like specials or animation related things i have the mesh/object menu.

the outliner/info windows are exactly the same as modo and c4d, EXACTLY the same.
>>
>>573337
I'm not Blender user I have not even seen it normally, but people who don't use Hotkeys are crippling stemselves severely.
there's so much you can place on front page of UI, then you must search in sub menus. when you can just click 2 buttons .....
people like this are also big portions of Zbrush haters. they are too fucking lazy to customize UI....
>>
>>573415
Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>573416
There aren't enough keys on a keyboard to map all the buggy operators Blender has. Non-crazy people need a menu system to look up hot keys from time to time.
You shills always say that people don't like Blender because they're lazy and don't watch tutorials. To me it looks like the Blender Foundation cult is the lazyest because in more than 20 years it didn't bother to provide its adeps not even with the most minimal facilities like a menu system, which windows 95 certified applications were required to have.
>>
>>573422
no shit its linux based. You're basically bitching about retarded shit that Blender already has in one form or another.
>>
>>573422
i already explained how the left panel is supposed to serve as something you click buttons with. instead of having the entire UI cluttered with buttons you simply bring up the left panel to do what you need.

i will say this however, there isn't a single blender begginer tutorial that shows how the menu's work and why. they mostly spend their time on the viewport and how to quickly do things in 3D. i can probably explain how blender UI actually works if you ask me to
>>
>>573426
>no shit its linux based
Blender is not in any way "linux based". There used to be a linux version of Maya and there currently is linux version of Houdini. Are those linux based too?
>>573428
>the left panel is supposed
But in practice it confuses people and does not serve any useful purpose. The left panel is one of the most prominent parts of the interface that got way worse with time. Check some older versions like 2.37a for example. I'll see what I mean.
>>
ITT: The fall of blender, and the posible rise of bforartists as a superior free 3d program.
>>
To everyone that is defending the current state of Blender, please check out several older versions. You'll see how the Blender Foundation and its powerful community essentially took a dump or an already questionable piece of software in the span of over 20 years.
>>
>>573438

20 years?!, No way, i thought the first ver was back in 2002.
>>
>>573439
>20 years?!
It doesn't matter. You must check out older version to see how the use interaction wasn't good to begin with (which is possibly the reason Blender failed as a commercial product) and then got worse and worse as the community crept in. After that you'll lose your defensive stubborness. I guarantee you that.
>>
>>573440

I knew about the appearance, and yeah you're right, but the ui has upgraded, hasn't it?
>>
>>573441
The UI wasn't good to begin with and it degraded over time.
>>
>>573442

Yeah it was bad, but, there's no way it got, worse, maybe slightly better, i mean compare them, but you think that Bforartists did it better in one year?
>>
>>573443
Bforartist at least has menu entries for every action. I would love that in vanilla Blender, but the rest is only good for noobs.
>>
>>573443
I say it got worse. You say it's now about the same. Whater the case may be, it's that a shame after all this time? Shouldn't the Blender Foundation be hammered? I think so.
>>
>>573440
blender was not a commercial product. it was sold to the blender foundation for 100k dollars due to crowdfunding. its on wikipedia

>>573442
explain how maya ui is better
>>
>>573449
If it was sold how it was not a commercial product? But don't trust me, just ask them. Its parent comapny was once called NaN I believe. It failed way before you were born.
>>
>>573453
nan was the inhouse company that used it. nan sold blender to tosh that open sourced it
>>
>>573454
I'm really trying not to be offensive to you because you clearly have very limited mental capacity. If blender was made by a company and the that company failed an it was sold, how was not Blender a commercial product?
>>
>>573455
because it was not a retail product at any point.
there wasn't a box that had "blender" on the cover that you could buy at a computer store.
nan was an animation inhouse and blender was a tool they developed to their own use. they didn't develop blender in order to sell it. blender was simply the tool they used
>>
>>573456
So why up to and including the few earlyest GPL releases you can find license handling code in it? The first GPL version even cam with a bogus license file to activate it if I remeber correctly. Check that for yourself on the source code archive. And please, do your homework next time.
>>
Hey, it's me OP, so should i use it or not?
>>
>>573460
you should use Houdini if you want any sort of future in this industry
>>
>>573457
so you think blender was a commercial product just because of a line of code? you need urgent medical treatment if that's how you come to conclusions about things

>>573460
stick to regular blender, just like everyone else
>>
>>573462
>so you think blender was a commercial product just because of a line of code?
That's some Blender Foundation thinking right there. Nice.
>>
>>573460
Use whatever feels comfortable to you, what really matters is the end result.
>>
>>573414

basically
>>
>>573460
Cinema4D is better.
>>
>>573297
>not knowing all the blender hotkeys so you don't need a shitty fucking ui
>>
>>573436
>But in practice it confuses people and does not serve any useful purpose.
are you fucking kidding me? did you use any versions of blender that weren't released 10 years ago?
>>
>>573569
Yes. As a matter of fact I've been able to compile the lastest release on my Raspberry Pi recently. Doesn't work with the hardware opengl driver but it's kind of useable with llvmpipe.
I've been following Blender since the first GPL release. At some point or another I've compiled from souce *all* versions. The left panel is broken and confusing. The current state of the user interface is the most broken it has ever been. And it has never been good.
>>
File: 2017-07-24 13_57_04-Blender.png (69KB, 1032x711px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-24 13_57_04-Blender.png
69KB, 1032x711px
>>573575
ill briefly go through the panel and tell you why i think its useful

you have all the basic mesh operations (extrude,knife,loopcut,duplicate subdivide)
and if you want to create more meshes you just go to create tab.
you also have the history stack that you can browse. weight tools,physics,grease pencil,shading and UV's,mesh cleanup etc.
the toggle view allows you to change options for primitives when in maya/3ds its a popup windows.
snapping,orientation,transform and pivot point are at the 3d viewport (like they should) and you also have a searchbar to boot.
>>
>>573569
Let me be more specific. You Blender people are part of a cult called Blender Foundation. Just like Scientology, they demand from you to just bulldoze critics and don't listen to anybody outside of your cult. So let's hear what your favorite Blender Guru has to say about Blender's interface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWacQrEcMHk
That's from 2013. It got worse since then.
>>
>>573576
Oh yeah, the search bar. That's so cool to google tools inside an application. And you're completely missing the point. The tools are there but it's how they've been put there that makes it confusing and essentially useless.
>>
>>573577
He took A LOT of abuse for that video from you thugs.
>>
>>573577
this UI is more clear and understandable, but its not mor organized.
its basically maya UI in blender which is what you faggots what. blender is more organized. it lets you choose what tools are presented to you, it doesn't clutters the entire screen with buttons, and who even works with buttons all the time. i guess that's you
>>
>>573579
even worse when he did his presentation in front of the blender devs and they all passive aggressively told him to fuck off
>>
>>573622
Well and look where Blender is 3 years later and it's still behind everything else. Let me ask something is it easier to model a character in 3DS Max than in Blender?
>>
File: nacho libre.png (100KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
nacho libre.png
100KB, 220x236px
>>573633
I still don't know how to model a character in MAX, nobody does. The best program is Zbrush, followed by Modo, then cancer, then Maya, then piss, then Blender, then shit, then aids, then Uganda, then 3DS Max.
>>
>>573633
i honestly dont know as ive never used 3ds max. what i do know is that everyone likes to shit on blenders usability (i did too) but now that ive actually sat down and learned it, its not as bad as i thought it was. its like food that smells like asshole but tastes alright (not amazing not horrible).
>>
>>573636
>now that ive actually sat down and learned it
You've sat on a cock. You didn't like it at first but then some shill told you to try it again and now you like it. There. I've fixed it for you.
>>
>>573668
Did Blender raped your mom and killed your dad or why are you so assblasted?
>>
>>573634
jesus christ

delete this thread
>>
>>573670
I'm just pointing out shilling tactics. It's a recurrent theme between Gnome 3, pulseaudio, systemd and dbus and people. "Our snake oil doesn't work for you because you need more of it".
>>
>>573676
m8. the number of people posting here is barely 10. why do you think shills are even a thing?
i use blender and i love it.
blender is the fastest modeler and not because of pessimistic fucks like you
>>
>>573678
Excuses, excuses and more excuses. And before you tell that Blender is free, consider that people's time is not free.
>>
>>573682
You might have a point about Pulseaudio and systemd but the rest of you tirade is thinly veiled hatred and bullshit.
There is no 3D program which is perfect for everything. Maya and Houdini are shit modellers, Max is shit for rigging/animation, C4d and Modo are shit for complex animations.
All of them are shitty sculpting tools compared to Zbrush.

You use the right tool for the right job and Blender can get some jobs done, with others it fails.
I've seen Professionals failing with Maya, Max and C4d so that is not something unusual.

Since your time is also not free, why do you waste it trying to lecture/impress/piss off people on the internet (you don't know, you don't care about and they don't care about you) .

You sure Blender didn't touch your mom?
>>
>>573688
That's the difference between me and you. You don't care about other people. I do.
>>
>>573691
hey, kid.
>>573555
git gud.
>>
>>573691
if you are so butthurt about blender why don't you move on and use autojew program?
>>
>>573749
I don't advocate any program in particular but by now there are several kinda free or low cost functioning alternatives to the Blender hell, which you all should expolre instead of being locked in a hippie cult learning a tool that has no value whatsoever in the jobs market or any other market like Blender.
>>
>>573767
you proved that know nothing about the inner workings of the program. otherwise you would provide an actual argument to your claims.
all you really talk about is muh UI. when in fact most people that use blender don't even use the UI other than the outliner and properties menu
>>
>>573769
>most people that use blender don't even use the UI
Amazing. Y-You can stay with the Blender Foundation.
>>
>>573767
your rambling has no value whatsoever.
We get it, you are on a mission to spread your hate of blender, but the thing is nobody fucking cares about your opinion.
Especially when you have no real argument.
>>
>>573784
>you have no real argument
If only Blender had a real UI.
>>
>>573788
you are literally and figuratively wrong.
You have no argument.
>>
I'm not a retard and i don't need a fucking little house to select my view so i will stick to default blender.
>>
>>573297
>The thing is, that it's actually better
how so

>Non shitty controls
>Better ui
A bad craftsman blames his tools that aren't Zbrush.

>Some things, don't crash as in blender.
Such as?
>>
>>573772
His point is that because Blender is all hotkeys, you're always going to be working with the viewport maxed out with everything hidden (shift + space, which you can toggle again).

I don't have a problem with people trying to improve Blender's usability for new users but these german guys are going to get tired of it, unless they generate revenue from it somehow the way blender foundation does (via crowdfunding / donations / etc), and it's going to be necessarily incompatible with features implemented by the blender foundation.

Also, this "stability" thing is a meme. The only time Blender crashes for me is if I do something stupid with a preview render in the viewport with too much shit (in other words I run out of RAM / VRAM), and even then an auto-save is always generated when you hit shift z or render.
>>
Is this really the extent of the differences?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSbxfYF7rIY

Who the fuck uses the tool panel? You can change the color scheme, you don't have to use the default one.
You can rebind hotkeys already.
The 3D cursor isn't something you should ever hide, this is a noob trap that beginners fall into because they don't understand how useful or powerful it is.
They barely changed the REAL shit with the UI, the panel bar on the right. And no, "now you can hide things you rarely use!" doesn't fix it.

It's nice that they're trying to improve the UI, but honestly they've done a shit job. Andrew Price's mockup was a hundred times better.
>>
>>573849

It was, but I'm very sure, blender foundation was just a few cm of losing their shit and hooking up an assassin to deal with price just because that video, really, atleast Autodesk does shit for the money.
>>
>>573395

At least Autofag will get you somewhere in the industry, unlike blender and it's horrendous community of cancerous fanboys.
>>
>>573436
Maya on Linux is still available. Where do you get "used to be?"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>573852
did the blender foundation shoot up your home or something?
>>
>>573853
Just because a horrendous community of cancerous fanboys exists doesn't mean you have to become a horrendous cancerous hate-boy to balance it out.
>>
>>573853
>unlike blender
Blender is used in Man in the High Castle, it was used in the film Hardcore Henry, and it's used in commercials outside the united states.

Autoshits on suicide watch.
>>
>>573668
9 days later i see your reply
no shill told me to use it, really. i torrented maya, 3ds max, and c4d and just ended up preferring blender because it's free with no strings attached like student editions.
im not trying to shill or anything. i just figured that a lot of people afraid to try it are because the ui is really fucking intimidating. it really takes a few days to get used to but that goes for pretty much and 3d application
>>
>>575087
>it takes a few days to get used to
It takes a few years to get familiar with the Blender "UI" and by then you find out that the functionality it offers is too little, it's extremely bugged and it's too late for you to hope to become a professional.
>>
Blender has good controls and good ui.

So why would you want this?
>>
>>575124
Because of Blender's lack of good controls and UI.
>>
>inb4 it's revealed ton is behind bforartists and he's just field testing the new ui
looks like blender 3.0 is going to be a good release
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.