[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This thing has been bugging everyytime I model with a blue print

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: blueprint_03c.jpg (330KB, 1140x465px) Image search: [Google]
blueprint_03c.jpg
330KB, 1140x465px
This thing has been bugging everyytime I model with a blue print for orthos.

What happens when the blueprints don't line up. Every image was scaled up correctly, I believe. Most times I just wing it when its off a bit. But it still bugs the hell out of me.

Did I fuck up in cropping the images in photoshop? Like the scaling is different for everyone?
>>
File: images_to_planes.png (57KB, 640x389px) Image search: [Google]
images_to_planes.png
57KB, 640x389px
I also get my shit from The-Blueprints.com,

and for whatever some fuck odd reason, 2 of the 3 views would match up and at least one would noticeably off.

Any tips?
>>
How do you create the image planes? if you have an image of say, 647 pixels tall by 1372 pixels wide, you should create a plane that is that many units high / wide, then scale it uniformly to fit your scene. Then just align them with snapping as needed. Now if the height of the side / front or front / top don't align you know for sure it's a problem with the image.
if the images are off just set up guides in photoshop and scale the largest images down to fit.

>>572571
Do the originals come overlapped like that?
>>
>>572568

overlay them all in photoshop and correlate every point you can and you can see if its the drawing; if its not then check the image dimensions, then check the image planes
>>
>>572573

no, i wish they did though. No mistakes making the image planes.

Comes like this.
>>
>>572578

actually, I tried that, I might be going crazy. Think you could spare a few minutes connecting points from the image posted here >>572579

Is there any other blueprint site out there? How do the professionals do it, get accurate orthos?

Sorry in advance, I'm splitting hairs trying to get accurate placements instead of winging it when its off.
>>
>>572568
If you have access to CGP, download the tutorial series hard surface modeling by Grant Warwick, in some of the early episodes (from like 3 or 4) he goes into how to model a car and what to do if the schematics don't match up perfectly, which he says almost never will.
>>
>>572580
just checked, they don't work out perfectly. but not enough that it would be super difficult to work with. grab a shitload of reference images

>>572588
if you want to do that u will prob have to wait a day or two, its down again
>>
they will never line up correctly, you will need to decide which view is your "main" one, from which you take the scaling from. Every other one will just make the general shape and / or really detailed stuff but nothing inbetween.
>>
has anyone tried using shadowbox in zbrush to generate a model from these views? would be cool to see
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.