[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zbrush question /3/ Sorry in advance if its silly How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Clip.jpg (376KB, 1128x959px) Image search: [Google]
Clip.jpg
376KB, 1128x959px
Zbrush question /3/
Sorry in advance if its silly

How do you think this model's eyes have been done?
I always make my eyes putting a sphere inside the holes, but most of japanese and anime models are just painted eyes over the surface
>>
File: 01.jpg (279KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
279KB, 960x960px
>>572170
another one
>>
>>572170
>most
ive certainly seen many that arent

but id do it just like you were describing except at the end id dynamesh that sphere into the mesh and smooth a bit then paint
>>
>make holes for eyes
>put eyes

obviously its not that simple. you also need many small details that surround the eye
>>
>>572170
I don't know why people waste time sculpting simple cartoons when they can be easily quad modeled and the eyes can be easily done with a sphere in a lattice to flatten the shape.
>>
>>572170

Source for both? No one gives a shit if its cropped or not fyi no mods give a shit here. We're not a cesspool board.
>>
>>572188

because some people like that method and are faster with it?
>>
>>572170

I'd say for games most anime models have texture painted faces to create a 2D because the way most anime styles work if the eyes were actually orbs the orbs would be too big for the skull.

You can however make the eye so the sclera is a static section of an orb (so it would extend past the head) and the pupil is another section of the orb just slightly above the sclera and is rigged so that when the eyes move it's really just the iris moving over the surface of a static curve.
>>
>>572188
Zbrush polish tools and brushes make toons really easy to sculpt, if you are doing a CG statue it doesn't make sense to use anything else.
>>
>>572188
>t. shit modeller
Sculpting is much better and if you were an actual character sculptor you would notice the fundamental differences in this. I box modeled characters for years, and I will never go back to it for characters again. Base meshes? Acceptable. Pieces? Absolutely. The entire sculpt? No fucking way. Go back to your lowpoly shit you fag.
>>
>>572189
Not OP. Second image is from LESLyzerosix.
They stream on picarto and are on twitter, tumblr and pixiv.
>>
>>572208
It's a lot easier to get smoothness with box modeling. You have to rig your model to pose it of course but I think it is much more worth it. Sculpting leaves too many lumps in the topology which looks really bad on cartoons.
>>
>>572234
>Sculpting leaves too many lumps in the topology which looks really bad on cartoons.

more of a skill thing than a characteristic of the technique

>It's a lot easier to get smoothness with box modeling.

subjectivity?
>>
>>572234
What you're describing is the skill of an artist, not sculpting itself. If you struggle with not making a lumpy mesh you are a beginner/failure in your own right.
>>
>>572235
>>572287
The OP posts are well done but lumpy as hell, you need nice topology to fix that, you'll never be able to fix it with even the most amazing sculpting skill.

With manual quad/ box modeling you can start with a low poly framework and then smooth it out and if your edge flow is good, you won't get any kinks in the topology.
>>
File: g_zBWnpA[1].png (114KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
g_zBWnpA[1].png
114KB, 321x321px
>>572170
>>572171
>them ahegao faces
is there more?
>>
>>572343
Its an entire doujin about a hooters parody that fucks its customers, look it up one of my fave
>>
>>572348
whats it called ?
>>
>>572225

Thanks. So many different genre and artist, I can't find know them all. But people still after 11 years never take 2 seconds to post source or leave name.

Lazy assholes. Never gonna stop. Thanks.
>>
>>572349
Not that anon, but it's called "Delightfully fuckable and unrefined" iirc.
>>
>>572337
you're clearly very inexperienced with sculpting
>>
>>572337
Considering I've seen a plethora of flawless models with no lumpiness your argument is invalid. I suggest you check Artstation to actually understand that your argument is based on skill, not the technique. I would also argue that OPs sculpts are not the mastering of sculpting talent, but then again it's an anime sculpt so it's not a big deal.

The bottom line is that sculpting is way more indepth and helpful than box modelling these types of characters ever will be. Stick to your anime girl modeling tutorials in Blender please.
>>
>>572400
Personally I see no reason why you would sculpt something that you can easily draw in multiple orthographic views and box model from such as anime/cartoons.
>>
>>572401
because some people like to lmao
>>
>>572401
If one is faster and more competent within sculpting than box modelling then why should they box model? And vise versa, if you could box model the incredible detail of what is done for many of the zBrush sculpts you see done by professionals in less time, I would say to box model because it is more efficient. But we all know you can't do that because you lowpoly model anime girls in Blender which have a 1/100th of the quality you see done when sculpting. Your arguments are narrow minded and lack no logic when it comes to workflow efficency.
>>
>>572406
lack logic*
>>
>>572406
I'm talking about simple stuff that lacks texture like cartoons not fucking cragged realistic stuff.

And I use Maya for the record so you can drop that strawman.
>>
>>572408
If you think that box modelling what you see in OPs pic is faster you're delusional. An efficient sculptor will easily beat a box modeller due to the organic nature of sculpting every time. The lumpiness you pretend is common place is absolutely avoidable if you have a scrap of knowledge on how to competently sculpt.

Keep box modelling, I don't care if you do or not. But don't pretend it's a better option when in reality you have a plethora more accessibility to detail and styling than you would be able to do in the same amount of time box modelling everything. Your argument is invalid and you're inept at what you do. I will ignore you from now on.
>>
So at the end, do these figures use a sphere inside her eyes or not?
>>
>>572449
Anime eyes are very flat, so they are either drawn on the surface of the face or are a flattened sphere. None of that bug eyed CG Disney character nonsense which actually does use spheres.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.