[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys use to create an UV map? I have no idea really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bonesword.jpg (91KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
bonesword.jpg
91KB, 1440x810px
So what do you guys use to create an UV map? I have no idea really how to do it and applying textures directly to the faces always end up shitty looking for me any tips?
>>
File: 1497307472807.jpg (29KB, 521x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497307472807.jpg
29KB, 521x480px
every traditional modeling app have a built in UV unwrapper

some are better than other but they give you a 2D layout of what your texture should sit on.
matching UV's to texture is really bad and people don't do that anymore unless its for product design that have a really specific layout.
i think that knowledge in raster graphics will benefit you greatly before you paint. also things like classical art (light and shadow, color theory,anatomy) is functional to texturing.

hit up youtube and watch the basics
>>
>>568272
ok cool I unwrapped it and I see the map I just gotta figure out how to get a texture there. Is it only certain files like psd that will work? what is a goot way to make your own uv maps without photoshop.
>>
>>568273
>ok cool I unwrapped it and I see the map I just gotta figure out how to get a texture there

don't you use maya or blender? if you use something like wings3d or old modeling software it most likely won't have texture paint option.

people don't really make textures in PS anymore. they just paint it in programs like substance painter and quixel.

if you want get to know the basics i suggest you smart with maya,blender,3ds or bodypaint, 3Dcoat can be cool too.
>>
>>568272
>matching UV's to texture is really bad and people don't do that anymore
Why not? I just watched some tutorials on how to make grass blades, and they manually reposition polygons on top of the image of a grass. Is there a better way to do that? Every tutorial did it like this.
>>
>>568279
in this case its fine since making leaf texture is hard
>>
>>568274
I am using Maya it just seems like every time I try and upload a file for texture it doesn't show up in the 4ic editor and the tutorials I watched they used psd. For some reason.
>>
>>568291
i am not using maya, post this question + pic in questions thread
>>
File: 1409362727516.jpg (275KB, 1300x1721px)
1409362727516.jpg
275KB, 1300x1721px
>>568271

UV Layout is a bitch to get the hang of, but gives you 100% control of layout, shape and seams, or close to it.

I use Zbrush's UV Master for simpler shit.
>>
>>568273
>what is a goot way to make your own uv maps without photoshop.

Gimp, lol.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.