[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult would it be to create a game with this style of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: divine_divinity.jpg (744KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
divine_divinity.jpg
744KB, 1920x1080px
How difficult would it be to create a game with this style of graphics?
I've done some basic things thanks to youtube like rigging and animating downloaded models. Did a little cuirass which came out looking okayish.
I'm assuming you model the pieces and the character while playing with the camera, yes?
>>
>>565803
ask /agdg/, this board is less about games and more about modelling/rendering

it looks like hand-drawn 2D to me
>>
>>565806
Alright, thanks. I was under the impression that they rendered those characters and put them into spritesheets.
>>
>>565806
100% not hand drawn. What are you smoking?
>>
>>565803
very easy since it seems like they are regular blocks with baked normals hi to low and slapped some color on them.
Style is very reminiscent of Fallout and Alien shooter.
>>
>>565803
I have posted a similar thread somewhen the first time I was here.
Really enthusiastic with the Game, played it myself in 2014 or so.
I could and really want to help you with the game, can you give me a contact ?

For the graphics you wouldneed to model every entity or asset that you see in the game and render it with an ortographic top down camera , I guess they had their own program for this back then but you could make a similar setup with Blender .
This is a 2D engine , but everything was rendered before to make it look like 3D and set in the map.
>>
>>565861
same anon here
OP, in case you use kik :
Lhubert2
>>
File: Project.webm (3MB, 1275x720px) Image search: [Google]
Project.webm
3MB, 1275x720px
>>565861
Yeah, it's a cool game. I like the open exploration aspect but I switched PCs so I lost progress.

And as for helping, are you asking about Divine Divinity or the project I 'm asking about?

If you're talking about what I'm planning I actually have some small parts set up on RPG Maker, I know its reputation but it has come a long way, and I'm using similar style graphics purchased from the RPG maker store.

My main grip with the resources are they're geared towards RPG Maker's top down perspective and a lot of non-walking animations are 3 frames. But it makes sense in context because they're geared more towards RPG Maker default settings but now there's tools that allow for much greater frames.

Of course they're pretty serviceable but for later projects I would like to make my own graphics in that style. However if you'd still like to help I'd contact you in kik, even if I have no experience using it.

As I said, I'm still learning. I even got a webm of that model I downloaded and gave a quick idle animation in blender.
>>
>>565957
That'd be great. I'll just drop my Steam here if you dont use kik , I guess : slastraf .
I'd like to help you or collaberate with the making of a game, and if you are not locked to RPG maker, heres a probably better and free game engine : https://godotengine.org
But we can talk about all this later, including game style.
Btw, I have ~ 600 hours in Blender, so I could set this up and make anything with ok topology, but not on a professional level ( but it would be on a level like the game factorio, which reminds me of your video that you posted ).
>>
>>565957
same anon again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K196juLg1s8
heres an example for isometric 2D tileset
>>
File: failTiles.png (62KB, 328x267px) Image search: [Google]
failTiles.png
62KB, 328x267px
>>
>>565997
Okay, send you a friend invite from steam.
I'm Hannibal Barca.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.