/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna be posting this guy's work in hopes that someone can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: JonasDinges3.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
JonasDinges3.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
Gonna be posting this guy's work in hopes that someone can help me out.

I'm looking at these and noticing that the models, though lo-poly, have almost smooth edges. Is there a way to smooth the edges of lo-poly models like this without going through and beveling every edge?
I believe he made these in Z-Brush.
>>
File: JonasDinges4.jpg (211KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
JonasDinges4.jpg
211KB, 800x600px
>>
File: JonasDinges1.jpg (349KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
JonasDinges1.jpg
349KB, 800x600px
Also, ignore the file names. The guy who made these is Jona Dinges
https://www.behance.net/jonadinges
>>
File: JonasDinges2.jpg (442KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
JonasDinges2.jpg
442KB, 800x600px
>>
Its the shader.
>>
>what is bevel modifier
>>
In Vray, if you apply a VRayEdgesTex map to the bump slot and set a value in the 'rounded edges' parameter, it will smooth out all your edges without you having to do a damn thing to your geometry.

You're welcome.
>>
>>565525

>what is bevel modifier

Not a perfect solution?
A good way of fucking up your smoothing groups?
A last resort if you can't be bothered to learn the crease set modifier and opensubdiv?

How did I do?
>>
>>565537
As a Vray user, thank you for this.
>>
File: decimation.jpg (447KB, 1818x1080px) Image search: [Google]
decimation.jpg
447KB, 1818x1080px
>>565514
If you say he used zbrush he probably decimated the model zpluin>decimation master>preprocess current> then adjust the percentage to something low> then decimate current. This will achieve that look in zbrush
>>
>>565514
but who was low poly modeling that can be achieved in any 3d package?
>>
>>565538
That model clearly has some shitty bevel modifier applied to to it. You can tell by the the way the lighting gets fucked near triangles and around the belly button.
>>
>>565554
Seriously guys, thats not geometry yall thinking about. Thats litetally flat shading.
>>
>>565514
in zbrush you can maintain lowpoly shape when subdividing. and you can do it as much dubdivs as you want
and if you do it for like 3 subdivs and then it's off, it gives you that look.
if you know that he uses zbrush for this, than he uses that teqnique

I'm gonna put my lowpoly in zbrush soon, for details and I'll show you the effect on that.
>>
>>565514
>people are impressed by this
lel
>>
>>565774
it's kinda has it's own aesthetics, I mean whole low poly genre has.
+ what do you mean in "Impressed" ?
can we see what might impress even you?
>>
>>565796
I assure my impression are not as cheap as no man sky two tone blend with decimated flat models.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.