[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a repeating texture on these doors? I say yes, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (262KB, 2652x1134px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
262KB, 2652x1134px
Is there a repeating texture on these doors?

I say yes, but everyone else tells me I'm seeing things
>>
You're seeing things.
>>
I see it
>>
>>562759
>no attention to detail in a job field like this
>>
it does look somewhat like a repeated texture, but i wouldn't rule out it being a reflection. The shot is so heavily edited it's hard to say whether some parts are cg or not, so it seems reasonable that the lockers are duplicates.
>>
>>562758
its the same specularity&glossiness map
>>
>>562759
what this guy said. op u might need to get your eyes checked for double vision
>>
>>562768
This.

Where is this from? Aside from the repeating, it looks good.
>>
>>562886
Oh, Outlast 2. That explains the lack of shadowing and reflection in the wall for the fire extinguisher.
>>
File: wacha.png (279KB, 593x319px) Image search: [Google]
wacha.png
279KB, 593x319px
>>562765
It's not surprising

>read a new tutorial on artstation/polycount
>it uses outdated methods or convoluted workarounds for problems that are easily solvable
>written by the senior artist of a major company

Either they're forced to use legacy workflows or they're actively trying to sabotage new artists
>>
>>562893
Mind providing actual examples of this?
>>
>>562893
noticed it many times
friend of mine was forbidden from decimating/retopoing few milion poly human model in zbrush before exporting it to Maya by his professor who was industry veteran working on AAA titles apparently, he had to do it by hand in maya
>>
>>562971
Christ that's fucked up. If i were him i'd be taking the issue privately to other professionals and collating evidence to take to his higher ups.
>>
>>562893
i wouldn't beat these guys down.

i mean you can work in a studio for like 3-5 years and use the same workflow and if no one is asking for change then why learn new stuff?
i don't think many places actually always switch the newest hottest workflow.

remainds me of those garbage kids that constantly talk about arnold and xgen but nobody gives a shit because they don't have the skill or man-hours to really use all of these new packages features
>>
>>562971
>>562985

Luckily it's 2017 and exporting high poly to Maya and using Quad Draw is a perfectly fine retopo workflow. What is the problem here?
>>
>>562971
>he had to do it by hand in maya
Good, he now knows how retopoing actually works, instead of just clicking some button and having the software do the work that he is paid to do.
>>
>>563020
It's good to know how it's done, sure, but not using tools that are there to relieve you from all the grunt work so you can spend more time doing things that actually matter? I think it's plain dumb to not take advantage of technology.
>>
Can someone post that cringy daz3d poser animation where a lady lipsinged a song about some baking pizza? it`s a popular meme
>>
>>563013
IMHO nowdays Quad Draw is one of the best tool for retopo, I was using 3d coat, but I used Quad draw for last retopo and... it's the same, it even has one featuire that is game changer IMHO
I'll use maya for retopo in futire. UV s are nice in 3d Coat though
>>
>>563028
The end result is different. Manual retopo will get you better results 90% of the time, and in the cases where it won't, you should use auto.
>>
>>562971

I remember I had to use editable mesh in max for every assignment in college. Guy was also a veteran.
>>
>>562765
>job
>>
>>563039

"I'll never be your pizza burning."
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.