[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noobie Help. Yo guys. Been messing about with blender for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 14085.png (35KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
14085.png
35KB, 256x256px
Noobie Help. Yo guys. Been messing about with blender for a few weeks now and im obviously not literate in the programme yet. what does this guy do at 2;10? i know how to create a face but whats the little move he uses to make it divided like that? Any help would be fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKELxCsMvcQ
>>
E+ XY or Z
>>
File: tutorialrender.jpg (115KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tutorialrender.jpg
115KB, 960x540px
>>560785
do a blender beginner tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYj6e-72RDs&t=26s

My result pic related
>>
>>560785

The move he did was:

1. Do an Extrude operation of the edges
2. Right click the mouse to cancel the "move" part of the extrude operation, edges are still extruded but they overlap with the other ones so you can't see them
3. Do a Scale operation and press 0 on the keyboard to scale the selected vertices down to zero.

When you scale to zero, all the vertices go to the center of the selection. You would need to do a "Remove Doubles" operation after this so that they all get meged to one vertex. This wouldn't be necessary if he used the "Merge vertices" operation, but then an extra menu would've appeared where he'd need to select "At Center".
>>
>>560996
I like blender but sometimes it's really fucking dumb the way you have to work to do simple things
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492536695525.jpg (19KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492536695525.jpg
19KB, 720x405px
>>560858
I didn't do anything fancy, but here's mine
>>
>>561140
that's so terrible, give up.
>>
>>561163
bad materials and color selection work on it, don't give up.
>>
>>561140
Don't give up. Looks 90s tier but keep going.
>>
>>561038
>I like blender but sometimes it's really fucking dumb the way you have to work to do simple things
The person in the tutorial did it in a retarded way, he should have just pressed Ctrl M -> Center

If he needed to repeat it, he could have selected more verts and pressed Shift R to do it again, or use the Symmeterize function or a Mirror modifier

>>560858
>>561140
I didn't look through the tutorial but the thumbnail clearly has nice (or adequate) lighting and specularity, while your donuts look really flat. What's the deal?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.