[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I was hired to design cubical little mascots. As a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_omb9kbrsnp1vmocspo1_1280.jpg (81KB, 700x825px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omb9kbrsnp1vmocspo1_1280.jpg
81KB, 700x825px
Hey guys. I was hired to design cubical little mascots. As a 2d artist, I only turned in the textures for the 6 sides of the cube.

I'm really curious to see how they would turn out though once cubified, so I thought I'd ask you guys... what's the easiest way to check this out? How can easily texturize and admire my little cubical mascots?
>>
>>558184
ask them if they'll show you the finished result? most 3d programs if you create a 3d primitive cube it will come already UV'd so if you match up your texture to those uv's and apply it to the material you'll be able to see. look up basic texture tutorials and it shouldn't take you long to figure this out.
>>
>>558184
Are you a complete beginner? What software (Maya, Blender, 3DSMax) do you have? Is it a Minecraft kinda deal?
>>
>>558187

that sounds like it should be fairly simple but i didn't find any quick guide googling (maybe i'm retarded or used wrong terminology?)

>>558192
i have blender! yes complete beginner. it's not really minecraft, literally just cubes with painted sides.
>>
>>558204
>i have blender! yes complete beginner. it's not really minecraft, literally just cubes with painted sides.

Oh, rip. I don't know how to do a damn thing in Blender.

Well, Blender starts with a default cube on the scene. You could follow this guide,

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/UV_Map_Basics

to kinda quickly assign some images to the faces. If you actually have some time, I recommend the beginner series by Andrew Price where he goes through the modelling process of a donut, from the user interface to the final render:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYj6e-72RDs

Takes around an afternoon but after it, you can pretty much do all the cubes with painted sides you could wish for. The part you're specifically interested in is part 6, where he unwraps a cube and textures it.

Good luck!
>>
>>558184
you didn't check what the textures would look like on the model as you were making them? This is easy to do using only photoshop. You can import the cube's .obj (request it from your employer or quickly create and unwrap a cube) into Photoshop and either paint the textures directly on it or on a separate file and apply it. Assuming you used photoshop to design the textures of course.
>>
>>558267
can photoshop seriously import 3d models now? what the fuck
>>
>>558269
it has been able to for years.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.