[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it necessary to use a mouse when making 3D models and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Yui.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yui.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is it necessary to use a mouse when making 3D models and what mouse do you use?
>>
I was going to try get you to beleave you needed a £500 mouse but frankly It's too much effort. Just by a cheep as Dell mouse, i have thumb buttons on my mouse that I never use when modelling. Also don't beleave the memes about 3D mouses
>>
Pretty much any mouse will work, but some are better than others, depending on what you're doing. I used a shitty 10 Euro no-name "gaming" mouse with a laser sensor for the longest time, and it certainly got the job done.

When that one broke I decided to do some research and get one that was actually "good" (i.e. decent sensor, weight and shape), primarily for gaming. I ended up with a Zowie EC2-A and I was surprised how much it helped me even outside gaming. Repetitive shit like cutting edges or welding vertices definitely became way easier.
>>
>>554042
Every year, I buy the same mouse and keyboard that the top League of Legends LCS tournament winner uses so that I get the highest amount of APM and thus the highest quality models

You can also imitate the CS:GO champs as well
>>
>>554042
what about a wacpm tablet?
>>
>>554075
For sculpting sure but anything else would be made a hassle, especially with all of the keyboard shortcuts in maya.
>>
A Wacom tablet can come in handy here and there. Concept sketching, sculpting, weight painting, grease pencil to name a few. Buy one if you feel like it.

3d mouse OTOH is fairly pointless at least in Maya where clicking through menus is integral to the UI.
>>
>>554042
Nah, I use wacom
>>
>>554309
srsly... I use wacom in every grahpic app, you just map on pen buttons, middle click and right click,
I really don't get why it's a hassle?
I'll just assume you have not used stylus enough, or you are not comfortable with it
>>
>>555649
I'm used to using mouse whenever I'm not drawing.
I guess if you had hotkeys set up on a cintiq it would work but I've only ever done that for photoshop.
>>
>>555654
I have Tablet not Display. I use it with Keyboard
>>
>>554042

i use my Wacom in all 3D, is maximum comfy, fucking hotkey binding yes. a mouse for all 2D or editing. my friend does everything with a tablet. at home and work. and i do mean everything, even browsing the interwebs.

Wacom 4 still works like new and some 7.99 sharkforce mouse i bought coz im a fag and like the blue lights it has.
>>
>>555669
>>555670
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
>>
>>555669
It must be a smaller tablet than I'm imagining.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.