[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For objects (especially vehicles) with highly detailed mechanical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: car-overturned.jpg (66KB, 597x330px) Image search: [Google]
car-overturned.jpg
66KB, 597x330px
For objects (especially vehicles) with highly detailed mechanical areas that are likely difficult to find sufficient reference material of, what methods do you use to model these areas?
>>
I'm sure there are tons of cad drawings of vehicles m8
>>
>>551238

>Cars
>difficult to find sufficient reference material of

Nigger fucking WHAT?

There are a half trillion books for every car model for decades that have every single part drawn out.
>>
>>551254
Surely you realized he's talking about car undersides specifically?
>>
>>551277
lmao you want hard to find underside
try modelling under soviet armored vehicles and shit.
>>
you don't model the bottom family.
>>
like >>551254 said theres plenty of documentation on parts, as well as reference images. personally i would listen to >>551284 and not bother, otherwise its time to learn a little bit about cars.
>>
>>551284
you model the bottom so when the car goes over a jump and flips you see something and not a flat plane. Are you just a newfag or....?
>>
>>551287
yeah unfortunately none of the car made on /3/ is gonna be in some kind of steam game :)
>>
>>551287
so mostly you dont?
>>
>>551289
physics engines are very common and easy to implement in 2000+17. Look up Bullet
>>
>>551294
didn't say you can't replicate a car driving just like in a video game. i just said there is no point of modeling anything but the exterior, especially when its going to be a render in the end
>>
>>551295
everything is a "render in the end" newfag. Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
File: 1481251565458.gif (1MB, 888x989px) Image search: [Google]
1481251565458.gif
1MB, 888x989px
>>551297
no but unless u gonna take the time to bake a whole car, texture it and upload to marmoset i don't see why would anyone model the bottom unless you gonna display your realtime skills, most car renders are offline simply because its easier not to bake something like a car
>>
>>551298
learn to model with speed. Adding the bottom of a car shouldnt take more than 2 hours. Stop being retarded
>>
>>551300
i didn't said that's too hard or time consuming. i just said its pointless to model something like the bottom of a car without at least 6 ref shots which you don't fucking have so why offshoot it
>>
>>551301
learn how a car works and make it up kiddo. Do you think your pal Tor Frick would just leave a vehicle barren underneath?
>>
>>551302
that's the difference between modeling something as a brand or giving it a "tribute" so u can tweak some stuff as you go along.
in the end it doesn't matter so much, but some people do look at those details and it might be someone you want to impress.
>>
>>551303
if they wanted accuracy, they would be the ones giving you the reference in the first place mate. How long have you done this, professionally?
>>
>>551305
if you are working in the industry then yes, but if its for some client he might not know that you even need refs
>>
>>551306
are you working in some slum in mexico? You dont sound very professional.
>>
>>551307
nah, but i don't feel like driving all the way to florida beach to get take some pictures of bmw coupe
>>
>>551305
i work in the industry.
I don't get given refs only image of ingame context. Only refs are given when they are specific about some details.
>>
>>551309
sounds like you're not working for a good company, you're just pushing shovelware
>>
>>551316
I guess cod games are shovelware, so you're right
>>
File: 14454.png (416KB, 506x595px) Image search: [Google]
14454.png
416KB, 506x595px
>>551316
watch ur mouth kiddo
aside from 3-4 artists that i can point on here, the rest of you are not working in the industry or not putting enough time, so please.
>>
>>551319
underage b&

>>551320
dont you dare speak like that to me.
>>
File: 1424156718837.png (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424156718837.png
26KB, 500x500px
>>551322
Just because you're so lazy that you can't get your dream job doesn't mean other people are
>>
>>551320
I know of one other and she doesn't even come on /3/
I know many more pros who go on /ic/
>>
>>551324
Tor Frick posts here or used to.
>>
>>551325
I'm actually aware of that despite how infrequently I come here.

I wanna move and join some swedistani studio one day, but I guess I need to get to art director in some smaller place first.
>>
>>551327
dont /b/ afraid to post work here, tor will critique it
>>
>>551329
is tor the one who posted the m60 or thompson submachine gun? it have to be either him or chillydog
>>
>>551329
can't post, most work is NDA and can't do any work on my spare time since RSI and carpal in both arms and I'm close to burning out as it is
>>
>>551331
use a wacom lad. post your personal work
>>
>>551334
painting actually caused it. I post personal stuff on occation but not much need since all 3d peeps I know are inna industry.
>>
>>551337
you should have used an easel or one of those desk arms and painted from the shoulder. You brought this on yourself. Now you're nothing but a troll
>>
>>551338
>lmao just let me spend 600 bucks I dont have while at uni to get a desk arm easel in a temorary cramped ampartment that I swap out every few months
suck a dick.
Not stretching, taking breaks and overworking caused it.
>>
>>551339
you painted from the wrist, kid. Now you're fucked. I literally just got two easels from amazon, one for $15, one for $50. You're just retarded in more ways than one.
>>
>>551340
ye so what.
I still managed to work hard enough to get carpal in both hands after pulling 12h days at uni for a month straight.
Can you say the same?
>>
>>551341
Im not a retard if thats what you're asking. I bet you cant even sign a check without having pain
>>
>>551344
woah, chill dude
someone get this hothead outta here
>>
>>551344
Well atleast this retards gets their paychecks from a games company.
WhatÅ› your excuse
>>
>>551345
chill dude
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.