[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup. I'm currently working on a project to model a continuously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: cvt_concept.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
cvt_concept.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Sup.

I'm currently working on a project to model a continuously variable transmission, but I'm not quite literate enough to model it myself.

It has a few requirements such as creating equally spaced semi-spherical holes on the surface of a disc and creating a ball that has equally spaced semi-spheres on the surface that will allow it to roll freely in any direction on the surface of said disc. Preferably need to do this in a modelling program that can simulate physics to test and see how well it works.

What program would be best for this purpose?

Picture related, my very poor attempt at doing it on my own.
>>
>>549860
I would just get it 3D printer and try learning 123 Design it is free a and more powerful than Google Ketchup.
>>
>>549868
The 3D printer idea is great actually. Testing it in plastic would be a great first step.
>>
>>549870
If you would like to get one I would recommend the Prusa I3 mk2 you can get it in Kit form to save money.
>>
>>549860
Fusion 360
>>
Blender
>>
Lumion
>>
>>549860
use inventor anon or solid works you can simulate
and generate gears you have a good time whit them . Just dont use mesh based software use parametric ones
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpT22ASKdAY
example if you are a mechanical engineering it make it handy for in your work learn the software inventor gives you 3 year free licence for learning vs solid works but on the other had you can by a student version for about 150 bucks
>>
Just man up and learn inventor basics, is something that takes a weeks if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>549860
MS Paint, duh. Friggin noob
>>
>>549868
> 123 Design

Is there any way to get it to use a dark theme/night mode? This thing is gonna burn my eyes out
>>
Autodesk inventor is free for students learn it. 12 year-olds can use that you noob with your sketchup crap.
>>
>>550145
About right with the 12-year-old bit. My dad was an engineering teacher and had this fucking, what is it, like 8 CD install of Autodesk Inventor on his massive early 2000s rig and I'd fuck with that a little from time to time. Never really done much with it since I was a kid but it was real easy to make a shape, extrude, bevel, all sorts of stuff.
>>
>>549860
Solidworks or comparable parametric modeling programs. Anybody who's suggestion programs like Blender and 123 Design for physics simulation has no idea what they're talking about. Unless SketchyPhysics has gotten a huge update since I stopped using it, Sketchup isn't a good alternative either.
>>
>>550145
>you noob with your sketchup crap
Dude just asked a question and needs help, why are you insulting him already?
>>
>>549860
Freecad
>>
>>549860
For physics simulation use Inventor
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.