[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please help me I graduated from full sail in 07 moved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: 1481227880390.webm (459KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481227880390.webm
459KB, 640x480px
Someone please help me

I graduated from full sail in 07 moved to LA and cant get a good job. Can anyone please for the love of GOD help me find a job some how.

How do i get better? Ive networked and studied and practiced for years and NOTHING. id literally work almost for free or for free if i could do it after 7pm can anyone fucking help with some advice or anything?
>>
your reel must suck
>>
Ive actually had lead fx artists at a AAA game studio tell me some aspects of it were better than his
>>
>>543415
thats called being nicee
>>
>>543416
Well, youve never seen my fucking reel so you dont know shit
>>
>>543418
you're too much of a pussy to even post your reel
>>
File: merc_wip.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
merc_wip.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>543419
Here, now fuck off
>>
>>543412
>I graduated from full sail in 07 moved to LA and cant get a good job.

I thought the point of Full Sail (and Gnomon) was the networking?

Send your shit to everyone everywhere, talk to your classmates from '07 (you DID make friends with people and keep their contact info, didn't you?)

Email artists and ask them to critique your work.

Go to the meet-ups and conventions and meet people.

Odds are you suck as a person and have a rep of being an unlikable cunt. Maybe try working on that or else find other insufferable cunts to work with.

>>543424
Nice /ic/ meme, please post actual work.
>>
>>543424
post your work or fuck off
>>
File: 1481222387301.png (141KB, 560x294px) Image search: [Google]
1481222387301.png
141KB, 560x294px
>>
>>543429
>>543432
Yeah that wasnt me you fucking retard. if you cant see some nerd wannabe posted as "penis" thinking they were funny.

If you cant answer a simple question why should i show you my reel?
>>
File: 1481209181117.png (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481209181117.png
102KB, 512x512px
>>543432
>>
>HOW DO I IMPROVE I'M SO GOOD XD
>but I'm not showing you my work because I'm obviously better than you!

Lmao, I hate people like you. You have very low self-confidence in your work, but you try to mask it by acting like you're hot shit.
If you really were as good as that guy says, you'd just drop your reel like it's nothing, but you obviously aren't that good, and that was a lie to try to protect your ego.

You clearly don't want actual advice on what you're doing wrong, else you would've just posted your fucking reel. Instead you make a big deal out of it because you want attention, and for people to suck your egotistical dick.

You're a scared pussy who's afraid of critique desu. Have fun flipping burgers.
>>
File: 1481240871004.jpg (18KB, 478x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481240871004.jpg
18KB, 478x450px
>>543442
Lol okay dude, like im gonna give you all my name address and phone number after you tell me you "hate" me. Im glad to know i mean that much to you you fucking faggot
>>
>>543435
because that's what your employer cares about

show your work
>>
>>543445
you belong in /ic/ you troll. Show your work now or shut up
>>
OP, you're such a fucking faggot for believing a for profit school is going to help you out. I know so many kids who went to that school and none of them have done anything with themselves and their photoshopped piece of paper with their name on it because Full Sail will get you not only in the trash but fucking laughed at.

I don't believe that you have networked. I don't even believe that you kept up with your shit after graduation. You're so full of shit dude. LA is a constant revolving door of a market that it's nearly impossible to not have something to work on and to use someone for a project. Everyone in LA uses everyone there. If you can't find anyone since 07, then maybe you fucking suck. You haven't brought anything to the table or tried anything creative to make it in such an easy town.
>>
>>543445
I didn't ask for your name, address, and phone number. I asked for your reel, which those can easily be edited out of.
Maybe people aren't hiring you because you lack reading comprehension? That's a pretty important skill to have.
But by all means, continue proving my point by making more excuses.

Again, have fun flipping burgers.
>>
>>543450
I have worked on many AAA games, ones im sure youve played. Some have even won game of the year awards.

You obviously dont live in LA, because its not as easy as you say, and MANY people hire FS students. Treyarch for example hires almost exclusively full sail graduates.
>>
You must all have daddy issues because not one person has actually been helpful. Nothing but spite and venom from you.

If you want to see my work, go look at the last few game of the year winners and you will see it.
>>
>>543952
must be the reason why they're all shit. Fuck you and your bernie sanders ass kissing numale faggotry.
>>
>>543953
Are you OP? If so I thought you couldn't find work? How the fuck can you not find work with those credentials?

If you aren't OP, why do you care how anonymous strangers are acting to some retard on the internet?
OP has so far:
>asked for help
>not provided anything we need to see to be able to help
>shown himself incapable of not acting like a complete child
Re-read his posts. In every one of them he acts like a cunt.
Why would anyone bother being nice to someone like that?

No one is being helpful because no one can help if he doesn't get more specific. What is supposed to be said if he doesn't want to post his work?
"Practice more"?
"Watch tutorials"?
Does that really need to be said? The fuck, dude.
>>
>>543954
Under trumps america this will be squashed
>>
>>543955
Yes i am op. I dont know why i sometimes cant find work with those credentials. I was specifically referring to getting a full time non contract job
>>
>>543957
Your personality is the problem anon.
>>
>>543962
Because ofc i act the same on 4chan and a professional world class game dev studio. Im not that autistic
>>
>>543963
You're a cunt to people and expect them to help you.
With that logic, maybe you expect devs to keep you employed when you act like a complete retard. No wonder you're confused, then.
>>
>>543957
>I was specifically referring to getting a full time non contract job
You probably have more experience than 90% of this board, but from whatever testimonials and blogs I've read online, this is somewhat normal for the industry.
Apparently studios don't usually hire on and keep artists for very long. You're on for however long the contract takes, and then they tell you to kindly fuck right off.

We've had multiple threads discussing this over the past few months. What you're running into is apparently fairly common.
>>
File: 1433519233007.jpg (55KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1433519233007.jpg
55KB, 1280x960px
>Full Sail
>>
>>543973
Thanks. I didnt realize i was mostly speaking to children
>>
oh man oh boy oh dude
>>
I don't understand OP you're saying you worked on loads of AAA games but you do it for free?
It seems you're getting scammed
>>
>>543996
I just want a pro environment to train with other pros without being laid off
>>
>>543997 Companies don't hire babies to have their hands held. That's a waste of someone else's time and company money. Games and movies are EXPENSIVE these days. Bringing on scrubs who don't know how to do their jobs and don't have drive to improve themselves can cost a studio thousands. Why should someone hire you when you haven't even proven you can do the work? Why waste their time when you can't even be bothered to put a little effort into figuring out the job?
>>
>>543952

liar liar pants on fire
>>
>>544027
you're describing a catch 22 mate
>>
>>545713
No he isn't. There are plenty of hire-able newbs who have the drive to learn and push themselves to develop quality portfolios that get them into entry positions.
>>
>>545716
bull shit
>>
>>545717

i'm gonna make a safe guess here, and say that you just don't know what kind of... balls it takes to become as sick as you need to be in order to compete.

they don't call it sick for nothing. when you've legitimately forgotten to eat for 2 days and slept for 2 hours over the last 48, on nothing but your own drive to become good enough to make a living doing it, then you are becoming sick. when you just keep on doing this with no end in sight, you have become ill.
>>
>>545713
I'm describing the industry. It sounds like you're just some lazy fuck that sits on his ass all day doing fuck all instead of working freelance or on your portfolio. If you can't be bothered to put in your own time to get better, why should anyone bother hiring you?
>>
So let's see it OP. Let's see this legendary portfolio that some guy from 2007 said was better than his. You make all this effort to bitch and makes excuses on 4chan, but you can't be bothered to at least back up the claim?
>>
>>543412
If you live in LA and need work go to the SIGGRAPH conference in July/August.
>>
>>545770
he wants to stay anon
>>
>>545772
Fucking this, try to be some rich guy's cum slut in the meantime.
>>
>>543412
Patreon, bitch!
>>
Looking back I think this was worded poorly.

What I am referring to wanting is a GOOD, SOLID job.

I didn't realize this board is literally full of children that don't have jobs.

I've been working in the game industry for 10 years, and after all this time it still really doesn't mean shit. Even if you are basically one of the best in the industry, once the game is done, you're gone. They don't need or want to keep you around while another game ramps up.

I was looking for a way around this.

Given the vitriol, I will under no circumstances give out my info. I've had my work stolen and plagiarised so many time I won't let that happen again. People even steal my resume and try applying to Pixar, etc with it haha.

I seriously didn't realize you are all basically babies when it comes to 3D work, that's my mistake.
>>
>>546529
> I've had my work stolen and plagiarised so many time I won't let that happen again.
you'll say anything to not post your "gud reel"
>>
>>543412
The fact that you're in here and not on a professional site says allot. If you won't treat your self like a pro no one else will look at you like one.
>>
>>546529
have you tried monster.com?

if you really have 10 years experience you will find work like it was nothing.
get your resume ready and stop weeping
>>
>>546781

>>546781

>lecturing people on professional attitude
>'allot'
>>
>>546781
>allot
die
>>
can anyone make me a stylish abstract animated music video? willing to pay £100

post some portfolios w/ contact deets !
>>
>>546833

£100? I.... really? I mean, I appreciate that you at least made that level of effort, but... You're asking for what I guess is going to be a 3-5min animated piece for less than 3 hours wages for an absolute bottom of the pile sub-junior artworker.

I mean... have you got any idea how long just rendering out 3 mins worth of animation is going to take?

Seriously - and I mean this with no malice or spite or nastiness - if you can only offer £100, your band is a hobby (which is totally legit as well), so make the music video as part of that hobby. Seriously - come up with a silly idea and film it on your iPhone. It will be better and more charming than a £100 cg piece made by someone who a) does not give a fuck about your band, and b) is desperate enough that he is willing to do several days worth of work for £100.

There's was this funny little era in youth music a while ago called 'punk rock' and 'DIY ethos'... you may wanna look it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6DnzPyDkM0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIY_ethic#Punk_culture
>>
>>546832
Tissues and lube.

One for your tears the other for your butthurt.
>>
I think it relates to the original poster bragging that he could paint as well as Craig Mullins or even better, and posted the following image to prove it.

Pro tip: never compare yourself to Craig Mullins, the concept artist, unless you're absolutely sure you're better than the portfolio. I think that's why the pic is sometimes dubbed "Crab Mullins."

Some post dug up from /ic reguarding the image posted.

If it is the original poster then good to see nothing has changed.

Also this guy's site

http://andrewsonea.com/characters/
>>
...Anonymous
07/29/16(Fri)18:57:33 No.2620885
>>2620593 #
>>2620822 #

This is all wrong. Merc_Wip came about due to two shitposting events. Andrew Sonea, the original artist, got into some kind of argument where he posted it to prove he wasn't a total scrub, at least as far as I heard. I didn't witness this personally so my knowledge is vague. This was the first incident. Some shitposter saw the image, saved it, and then later used it in an e-penis measuring contest with me to prove he was a better artist than I was (renaming it "merc_wip" to hide the 4chan numbers), when I was shitposting something about how Zedig wasn't as awesome as he was saying he was. This was in like 2014, but iirc, he said he was "miles ahead" of me as an artist, and I told him to post some work to prove it, and he posted merc_wip, and then I posted some shitty wip that I thought was good at the time (it was awful), and everyone called us both faggots for thinking our work was good. Then Andrew Sonea showed up and said that merc_wip was his image and this dude had stolen it, and it was so funny that merc_wip thus became a meme to post when someone calls you out to post your work.

So that's the true story of merc_wip. All other tales are false. I don't think either of us was a mexican or a eurofag.
>>
>>546875
>2d on a 3d board
>>
this entire thread is bait or?
>>
>>543435
Starting to see why you don't have a job yet.
>>
>>546888
>>546888
Lol yep pretty much.
>>
>>543412
Sorry buddy, it's time to make your own game.
Watch some Holy Grail movies if you need external help through this process.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.