[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i explain graduating in 2007 and still never getting a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1480896734422.png (12KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480896734422.png
12KB, 640x480px
How do i explain graduating in 2007 and still never getting a 3d job to an employer?

Ive been told (by very proficient fx artists on AAA game) im about good enough at fx to get hired.

How would i explain never getting a job?
>>
pics?
>>
there is nothing to explain, the job market is tough for everyone.

just say you freelanced/ working with your cousin
>>
>>542942
F R E E L A N C E
P O R T F O L I O
>>
>>542942
just make cool shit and post it online you'll get noticed.
>>
Are you that person that graduate Full Sail and wouldnt post a reel?
>>
>>543456
fuck off.
>>
>>542942
Well first of all, you need to get that chip off your shoulder, Chuck, and stop being gun shy about showing your work. People are going to criticize you. Get over it. That's the industry. Some will be nice about it, some will be a dick and that's not exclusive to this cesspool we call /3/. If you're not will to compromise with that, and accept the possibly good or bad things said about your work then you better resign yourself to lifting boxes in a warehouse, buddy. That said, no one is going to care how long it took you to break into the industry. If the work is good and you can prove that you know how to work with a team and be cool with them, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean shit, no one is oblivious to the fact that it's tough. It is. This isn't the age of the N64 anymore. While technology has made it very accessible to do good work, the standards of the industry have raised considerable. We all get it. That's not going to matter though if you're just going to act like an insufferable cunt who doesn't want to show his reel for fear that someone might recognize or make fun of you. No one cares that you have a printed piece of paper with your name on it from Full Sail or the fact that some dude told you your work was okay. All that matters is that you don't act like an asshole and that the work is good. You've already failed at the first, so maybe try to make the 50% participation?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.