[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's she comin along? Mid-progress critique? You cunts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (1MB, 1158x587px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1158x587px
How's she comin along?
Mid-progress critique?
You cunts generally give pretty good suggestions
is she good enough to roast a shrimp on or a bit how ya goin still aye?
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 1161x592px)
2.png
1MB, 1161x592px
>>542186
heres a sneaky sideshot cunts
>>
show the asset set, without heavy bloom

can judge by assets individually, your scene composition is good but i can barely see the detail
>>
>>542186
this place looks like a beat-up shithole. why are the boxes and floor so perfect?
>>
>>542188
I would but this whole scene contains 4 assets lol
>>
>>542189
I wouldn't say they're perfect, they're pretty dirty, or did you mean geometry wise?
>>
>>542191
yeah, seems like the wood would be a bit rotten and broken up or something since the metal is fairly rusty.
>>
>>542190
anyway, you need to lay off the composition/filter a little.

if its a game environment id assume u rendered it in unreal to begin with. so first off i noticed its a game environment because of the shape of the beams, you tried to be economical.

if its a portfolio piece take advice on what i said about the detail. you want to capture as much detail as possible. employers want to see what you are up to.
>>
it's a near masterpiece. Its only flaw is its missing characters
>>
>>542194
Would you recommend creating a more naturally clean environment to showcase a multitude of assets?
This was my first time using the Unreal engine, recently having moved over from unity, So the over-composition may be due to my eagerness of discovering new tools'
Cheers for the advice
>>
>>542198
>Would you recommend creating a more naturally clean environment to showcase a multitude of assets?
no, right now you have a killzone 3-esque setting.
>>
>>542198
what im saying is keep the beauty shots but have technical shots as well.

if this is your render no need to change it, maybe showcase how the textures works individually to create the material
>>
I love the scene, but as far as criticism goes, your spec map on the red barrel looks too smooth and plastic-like. Additionally, the metal beam encircling the top scene has a few geometric straight edges that wouldn't be problematic if the other side of the beam wasn't so smooth.
>>
>>542186
It sort of looks like you have chromatic aberration on pretty high and was wondering if you could turn it off for your screenshots as well, just for /3/. For renders it looks real nice but would make it easier to look at your stuff from a technical perspective.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.