[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's it looking my dudes, I'm more of a noob than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: FB!.png (100KB, 1015x660px) Image search: [Google]
FB!.png
100KB, 1015x660px
How's it looking my dudes, I'm more of a noob than novice when it comes to blender and modeling. How is my clap trap look?? Also credit to GearBox and 2K games for claptrap
>>
File: SICK MEME.jpg (23KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
SICK MEME.jpg
23KB, 403x403px
>>542034
>Also credit to GearBox and 2K games for claptrap
>>
>>542034
Damn right youre a bitch ass noob when you dont post WIRES
>>
>>542036
You don't want too see these wires
>>
>>542036
>muh wires!

good concept and and creativity in modeling is more important than wires.
/3/ is really lacking on good critique and how to improve artists as a whole, you overwork people with shitty criticism and perfectionism instead of using the strength of the artist to his advantage.
if his core advantage is concept to modeling that's what he should invest in instead of having a perfect wire just for the fuck of it
>>
>>542061
Fuck you, I want to see wires
There's something really satisfying about seeing model wireframes to me.
>>
File: batman has itchy face.jpg (53KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
batman has itchy face.jpg
53KB, 452x339px
>>542061
hey, manager from gearbox here! just wanted to let you know that if you ever come to me or anyone with shitty topology on your model then I'm sending you back to your desk to redo it. Don't worry too much about style because basically all of you will not have creative freedom in the industry.
On another note, be sure to check out our games on steam before the sale is up! you wouldn't want to miss grabbing another copy of Borderlands 2 for your friends!
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Gearbox%20Software
>>
>>542061
>, you overwork people with shitty criticism and perfectionism

People's work around here falls into two big categories:
"it's fundamentally shit, you need to learn more before you attempt a project of this magnitude, watch more tuts"

or

"it's great but you fudged a couple small details or I think certain tweaks would make this model more subjectively appealing based on my own tastes and preferences or possibly a general style guide (which is still entirely subjective but weighted against test audiences)"

And both those responses are infinitely better than the feedback you see on most forums which is "looks great dude! amazing work! wow!"
>>
>>542117
sure im not saying the crit is outright shit, its good.

BUT

i see good works here getting ripped to pisces. and its usually the good ones.
>>
>>542067

Dont you just hire feminists and SJW nu-males anyway.
>>
I like the hat. Did you scuplt or box model it?
>>
>>542117
>"looks great dude! amazing work! wow!"

I agree with this, I'm inmy starting stages and I only post my work here,
sometimes I get shit on my face and sometimes happens that people cheer me up, and I know that that small cheer up means much more than what people write on my instagram on every piece I add
>>
>>542123
For the bottom piece I just drew it out with verticies, filled it, and extruded. The top piece of the hat I just took a cylinder and tried to make it look like a hat, for the model I traced the out line of it and just used reference images for the rest of him.
>>
>>542067
Thanks for the advice, I half assed this model. 3days of work and about 2 hours after work. I will work on my topology thank you
>>
>>542139
I like it man keep it up
>>
File: slightchuckle.gif (502KB, 178x300px) Image search: [Google]
slightchuckle.gif
502KB, 178x300px
>>542035
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.